Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should marriage proposals be updated?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should marriage proposals be updated?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
In this day & age it still seems to be the usual & accepted marriage proposal for the man to get on his knees, & offer the woman an expensive engagement ring while pleading with her to marry him.

What do you think?...
Is this still the accepted way it should be done in this day & age?
How about reversing the situation, or have the proposal be more on an equal footing?
Maybe buy each other a nice ring & agree to make a good life with each other in a loving & commited relatoinship?
 daynadaze
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Should marriage proposals be updated?
Posted: 8/21/2008 7:19:27 PM
I think marriage proposals are done by individuals, each done it their own way, I highly doubt that kneeling and a big ring are any more the norm than any other way, it's all relative to the couple.
 lateef7842
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:30:11 PM
When I finally decide to get married, I plan on doing it old school. Asking her father's permission, on bended knee and the best ring I can afford.

Hey, I'm not the easiest guy to be in a relationship with. The way I look at it, it's the least I can do. javascript:smilie('')

Lateef
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/22/2008 8:33:34 AM
Do whatever you want. This is America!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should marriage proposals be updated?