Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have You Ever Been Someone's All?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cookie22222
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Have You Ever Been Someone's All?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I would imagine that would be awful - coming from someone you don't care about.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 11
Have You Ever Been Someone's All?
Posted: 8/22/2008 2:54:55 PM
Yes I know exactly what you mean whitefeather, it is very hard to be the "Be All, End All" of a persons life. Take me for example, for some reason I just love me, and whenever I am away from me, I always wonder where I am, who I am with, when I am going to be home, how much beer did I drink and if I am going to get any from me when I get home. It really gets tiring all the time! Why can't I just leave me alone and let me have my own space?
 cloudthree
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 5:34:56 AM
Oh Yes, More than once, and it is a great feeling. I do not mean an obsessive fatal attraction type relationship, but one based on a great love and respect for each other. To know that someone in this fast paced world is really there for you is to me a feeling like no other.
You know the kind of person that can at times finish your sentences. Life is about experiences and with the right person the journey can be worth it. Just my short spin on this subject.
 clasact
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 6:28:02 AM
Yes, and it's emotionally draining.

Being smothered day in and day out is not healthy for either people involved. To be the one who is seen as the one who is solely responsible for the others happiness is burdensome. Not a healthy relationship.
 bellazingara
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 2:04:37 PM
Yes I've been there and I agree it's quite the burden to carry. I felt suffocated. I don't know if it's love but if their happiness is that dependent on their S/O then there's a serious problem. It scary to be on the receiving end of that at times.
 openlove
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/23/2008 9:22:23 PM
Not recently, no.
I had it on both sides of the fence before though in the past where HE was MY all and vice versa.
Trying to get that feeling back but with someone else (due to my own private reasoning with him and his "issues") is almost impossible. But I will never give up on 'love.' I just dont have it in me to "give up."
 bucsgirl
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:23:28 PM
When I figured out I was, then I ended it...abruptly.

"....."nobody will ever love you the way I do" and thank heavens nobody has!"

I SO relate to that, never happened since and never will.
 Scribner99
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:15:59 AM
Yes I have been someone's all before and like others who have posted here I also felt suffocated and smothered. We were married for 10 years. Our biggest argument was over the fact that I needed him to survive. I didn't and refused to tell him so. I would tell him he was in my life because he enhanced my life but not because I needed him. I'm not saying this is wrong, it just wasn't for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have You Ever Been Someone's All?