Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Im confused and need some help.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sydneyleigh
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Im confused and need some help.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I've had enough dating experience to say this with full confidence.
We make time for the people we want to spend time with.
And in all cases, we do EXACTLY what we want to do, but sometimes are too chicken sh1t to say that's what we want.

Date other women.

But, dude, she's not that into you.
She said she wants a friend. In datespeak that means "thanks, but you are not boyfriend material".
Do you really want to be romantically involved with a woman who isn't that into you? Or says she wants a friend?
That sir, is a recipe for hurt feelings.

sydneyleigh
 gtomustang
Msg: 8
Im confused and need some help.
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:20:56 PM
Life is easy if you keep it simple.

WHY she jerks you around, doesn't matter.

It never does.

What matters is, WHAT she is doing. What she is doing is, disrespecting you.

Forget why, look at what. She may change down the road, but most people act naturally, and give you what they are. You won't change her, so move along to find someone who doesn't jerk you around. When you find someone who treats you respectfully, you won't ask why then, either...you'll already know why :) That's why its not important to ask why.
 sydneyleigh
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 10:27:10 PM

Then my thing about it is why not tell me the truth?

because the truth is:
a) she doesn't know how to say "thanks but no thanks"
b) you are convenient, because you want HER.

Man, if you want to spend time with her, and she wants you there, do it, nothing we say is going to stop you.
But realize, if she's said "I wanna be friends" - she is NOT the girl that is going to be a LTR for you.

Believe me, I've done a LOT of dating, (as well as former marriage) as has my bf, and when we met, we KNEW this was something we wanted to pursue. You really DO just know.
If that feeling isn't mutual, you have to keep looking.
Otherwise, it just gets ugly.
 sydneyleigh
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 3:16:51 PM

But what woman doesn't enjoy the chase.? The trill that they have someone coming after then. I have been dating other people but the more I walk away the more she comes after me.

as my dear friend says all the time... "cuz yur my b*tch".
You come when you are called.
She's attention seeking. That's all.

Move along now hun.
Or hushup about it and torture yourself.
But it's not attractive to complain about a situation, and yet do nothing to change it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Im confused and need some help.