Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > is 30 too old for 20 -25 year olds      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rocky541
Msg: 2
is 30 too old for 20 -25 year oldsPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Just my take but 20 seems abit young for a 30 year old but people do it and if it works than great.
 airplane_geek
Msg: 4
is 30 too old for 20 -25 year olds
Posted: 6/17/2005 7:57:17 PM
It's convienant to chalk it up to age, but I'd have to say age is relative. What really matters is the point where you both are in your lives.

If she's 18 and fresh out of high school, chances are she needs to live a little, get drunk a couple hundred times, do some travel and some life experience. If you're looking to settle down, buy a house and raise a family, this isn't the woman for you.

Catch my drift?
 xander
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/18/2005 5:53:03 PM
I'm 38. My girlfriend is 25.

"Happy as a pig in shit" describes things well.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/23/2005 1:27:14 PM
well im 25 and i always go for guys that are older(not old enough to be my father) but older..they seem to know what they want outta life :)
 SweetKristine
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/23/2005 3:29:28 PM
^^^LOL thats the truth :)

OT: im 25 so 30 is not to old for me..........so cmere all you cutie 30 year old men ;)
 JamesP166
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 9:22:19 PM
I l0oked at your profile - - you are 5'4" and trying to look like the stud and player.

and think that you are god's give to a woman - - all that she could ask for.

Believe me you are a long ways from that. First off is thinking that and acting that way is the best way to turn off a woman.

and with your shirt off you have nothing to offer. - - compared to others. - - - Think you have arms - - Mine were more developed working on the farm at the age of 15 to 16 then you are now. I laugh at you - - - - Being ex football, High School and college, and have continued to build muscle. - - for some reason. - my body at your age - puts you to shame - - god's gift to a woman - - - - that is the first turn off to her.

and expect the young chicks to fall for you - - - they see your game, and what you are up to - - and are snickering and laughing at you. - - - - - -

Jim P.
 borntoski683
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 9:40:37 PM
The age old rule is half your age + 7. that is 22 for you. But a lot depends on you, how mature you are, and the girl's maturity.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:32:12 PM
25 seems fine. 20 is too young to really date. Though I could see how they would be attractive to you. There's a world of difference between a 20 year old and a 25 year old. Maybe your cut off should be 22. Good news is that you can keep this cut off point for a while, I think. Even when you're 35. At least they'll actually want to date you. Being a woman, if a 22 year-old approached me, I know he'd just be trying to get some quick cougar action. LOL.
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:03:54 PM

"Half your age, + 7..."

You may be right, Den
 JamesP166
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:23:03 PM
You missed my point Herrbrush - - - - he things he is god's gift. - -

I do not and never have - - - and if I wanted to state what my body is still, I could have and showed a picture chest bare like you - - -

Lets just say that my tailor friend has commented about difference in chest to waist size is normally about 5 inches. mine is more like 12 inches. in the right direction - - -

but I am not god's gift to any one, I am not a stud out to simply flex a muscle and make sure that my hair is perfect and that I have the right pose to attract the woman - - the perfect practiced smile - - - to make me be the stud - - - - - that is not me.

I might be seasoned, as you say, but, I do not simply look for a woman that likes a man that is all muscle and thinks he is God's gift. My desires are for more than simply one night with her - - - - I want a relationship with more than just that - - -

and this does not mean chasing young chicks - - - to show that I am more of a stud than you are. - - - - or you like to think that you are - - - - -

and by the way over all - my personality is a lot better than yours. I simply will call something what it is - - - - and not mince words - - -

Jim P.
 Olga84
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:40:23 PM
No it is not too old at all, I know many girls from my culture like older guys because of the maturity level, and I definitely agree about the maturity although it is not always true...I personally prefer older men, I relate to them better.
 lateef7842
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:42:08 PM
5, 10, 20, year age difference requires the same answer. All depends on the girl. Its only too old if she thinks you're too old.

Lateef
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 4:18:23 AM
That's right, Lateef.

Everyone is different in personality, maturity & life experience. What matters more than the age difference, is whether your needs and expectations match at that time..
 packagedealx3
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:36:16 AM
I normally dated men that were 5-10 years older than I, the biggest spread being 13 years when I was 18. Desertbulldog provided most of the reasons that younger women will date older men but it should be recognized that people do not necessarily seek someone out because of their age.

I was not opposed to dating someone my own age when I was in my 20s, just didn't find someone with whom I was compatible that was closer than the 5 years. Now I find myself dating more men closer to my own age and even five or more years younger.
 AtotheL
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:17:58 AM

Everyone is different in personality, maturity & life experience. What matters more than the age difference, is whether your needs and expectations match at that time..

Yeah to that!

There's no good reason why thoughts of society possibly shunning you for a legally and morally acceptable younger age range. You're under no obligation to limit yourself in a manner of speaking. In my twenties and latter, I always had younger girls attracted to me. Asides from the ego boost, the relationships went fairly well in regards to basic maturity levels and such. Emotional maturity doesn't necessarily equate to age as in maturity. Just because they are young doesn't necessarily mean they are trouble, the older ones are also fully capable of trouble. So just because they are younger, doesn't mean they don't dig you either. Actually, they may find you hard to approach in an attractive way while thinking that 'you' aren't interested. Then again, that social stigma can play a role easily enough.

The point is that a five or even ten year difference at or after thirty is not a big deal. Heck, it's not even relevant. Pshhh... five year difference is diddly squat. Not to worry, women are very rarely 'scared' off over a small age difference.

Of course, I couldn't get away dating mid-twenty women at forty... as I'd likely be labeled with the now loose term of pedophile or predator/creepy old guy. No, it's never based on skimming out of the fountain of youth or purely sexual or even a power/lust ideal. There's more too it, but I digress in further discussing the matter as it's not even of interest to me. I wouldn't feel right dating that young anyways. Also, I've slowed way down and wouldn't be able to keep up. My life clock has weaker tension in the coil windings since my younger days.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > is 30 too old for 20 -25 year olds