Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do i delete my exs number?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KEMPBOATER
Msg: 7
Do i delete my exs number?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Darling take it from someone that understands what you are feeling, your feeling betrayed, your feeling your trust for another human being was destroyed, and your just feeling like there was something you could have done to stop all of this, but darling, nothing you did or said or could have done would have kept her from this, it was her choice to lie to you, it was her chose to betray you in the worst form that one human being could betray another, and it is her choice to live with and answer to god for, you can not force someone to love you.

So this is so much easier for you to do read then for you to do, I know this, but trust me when I say, delete her number and count yourself lucky that you did not have children by this women, or marry her. Now I am 56 years old and I do know what I am talking about, when you set up house in the bed room first, the house will fall, but when you set up house in the basement first and then see how the living room is, then and only then should you get married, So many people today think that by living together that is the best way to find out if a relationship is going to work, darling let me be the first to tell you, if they are not good enough to marry then they are not good enough to live with.

And even if you do get married for all the wrong reasons, the sooner you find it out the better, making mistakes is part of life but correcting that mistake is how you learn and then never repeating that mistake again is how you grow.

Now as hard as this is to hear, please take my advice and delete her number and find a way to move on with your life, and I can promise you this, you will find that wonderful women that will only love you and that you will love back. If you open your heart and do not put bricks around it, I promise you the right women will come into your life and life is wonderful with the right person to share it with.
You can not force someone to love you, no matter how many times you want to text them or call them. It is either there or it is not. It is just that simple.
 positive_g
Msg: 8
Do i delete my exs number?
Posted: 8/26/2008 7:38:37 PM
If the terms weren't that great, and if it helps to have that barrier, I'd say delete it.

Then again, ::checking phone:: yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

I had a not-so-good separation earlier this year, but kept the number for logistical purpose. Things have cooled to ice, and I no longer linger in resentment, so her number's still there, but I haven't talked to her or felt any desire to since... well, that's a whole 'nother thread on here.
 oceaneyess
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 8:51:11 PM
A man broke my heart. I couldn't bring myself to delete his number. I somehow felt that just seeing his name there meant he was still in my life.
My advise to you is put a small band aid on the phone. If you have the urge to call her, look at that band aid and remember how insensitive she was to your feelings and that YOU deserve better. Delete it when you are ready....that time will come. Hopefully,buy the time that band-aid falls off.
 MohsTen4u
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 9:02:49 PM
Get rid of it. I experienced something similar and it hurts. I never thought she would do it, she just wasn't that "type," but she could lie and look you in the eye and not bat an eyelash. So why keep reminding yourself of the hurt she caused you? She did it once and she will do it again. Like I said, get rid of it.
 Invictus01
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/26/2008 9:17:48 PM
Delete it. Drunk dials and texts aren't gonna help this.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/27/2008 4:50:57 AM
Yes. As hard as it is to do, been there myself, deleting it may be the best thing. Not to mention you could, and yes I am serious call the number on accident and feel even worse (done that too...lol) just take it out of the phone, period. We don't need to be saving the phone numbers off ***holes in our phone. It takes up space for someone new to be added in there...:) Diva
 positive_g
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/27/2008 11:30:02 PM

Every time you overcome the urge to text her, you'll get stronger and closer to moving on with your life. Realize that continuing any communication at this point will hold you back and hurt you (and it is weak).

Be strong.

Couldn't agree more. OP: I get it. I went through the same thing myself for awhile, until I forced myself to delete those pictures of better times I kept "finding" myself looking at, block her social networking url from my computer, and generally started to dwell on doing things that made ME happy in MY life.

I had a heap of her clothes that she left behind. Smell-touch-memory thing. For awhile, it was like walking around in this haze, the fallout of a broken heart, where you second-guess yourself a lot and don't see things clearly. Luckily for me, when I tried to peacefully return that stuff to her, she reminded me what a brutal, disingenous b**** she was, and that "haze" all went away - poof. Back to reality. Then I threw her shit out the window of an airplane and haven't looked back since.

You'll be fine, eventually. It's like working out, or working towards any other uphill goal: you'll get stronger every day, and at some point might not even recognize the guy you are now (in a good way).
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/28/2008 12:18:52 AM
Delete it, block her number, and place post it's on your phones, computers, etc....reminding you NOT TO CALL!

And for cripes sake...in the forums, get ridda the text jargon!
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/28/2008 10:00:22 PM
hey jamo,

I think whenever you have an urge to text her after all that, you don't need to delete the number, if you can't control your urge not to txt her, cover that cell with vaseline and stick in your ass so that you can't see her number. no wonder someone could steal a woman from you, all of us have emotions and feelings, but it's one thing to go just with them, not ba able to chose what emotions and feelings to give strenght, reject Bulllshhit emotions you have towards to someone who acted so low towards to you. and yes, if you learn controlling yourself chances are in the future no other guy can steal your girl from you.

ps the number may become handy, not now but in the future, according to you she liked messing around when she was with you, by the same logic in the future she might consider messing around with her husband - might be quite a rebound if you will be in good shape then and be able to BS her and drag her into bed. he fuked your GF, you have justifications to fuk his wife , and don't belive what they say , i mean women in general, they never follow up with their promises and words, but fall under emotions and impulses.
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/29/2008 9:58:56 AM
just noticed that this MFer already deleted the number,

well dude, next time don't ask others how you have to act, either you know how to maintain your diginity, how to stand the pressure, either you know what is right or wrong no matter how others act, including the chick with whom you are so much in love, either you know how to take a leadership in relationship and make your point clear or not. and understand that if BS happens to you it's only your fault no matter with what woman, and now matte how crasy you are abt her, and if you don'[t change the pattern of behavior which includes not knowing what to do in critical situations, then nobody can blame for your future failures but yourself.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:04:12 PM
Yep. You should delete the number. Also, get out there and start dating again. The best way to deal with the pain is to see new women in a series of short-term or "hang-out" relationships. It really does help. Good luck with everything.
 GWSmith
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/24/2009 4:04:44 AM
Delete the phone number man, she's not good enough for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do i delete my exs number?