Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Easy applesauce recipe?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zabet
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Easy applesauce recipe?Page 1 of 1    
Wash the apples and cut in half. Put them in a covered glass container with a little unsweetened apple juice or fresh cider. Microwave until soft. Strain through a colander, with holes small enough to stop seeds, but big enough for soft apple pulp to get through.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Easy applesauce recipe?
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:59:05 PM
...As far as I know..you shouldn't feed honey to an infant. Now..that said...I don't know how old one has to be, before one can start feeding them honey. I believe they don't have the ability to throw off some kind of food issue that honey is responsible for...and that adults have no problem with..one should Google that and find the information..

...As far as applesauce..it's not rocket science..quarter your apples...just stem and cut diagonally into the apple to release the core...and pop them in a pan with a little water to make some early steam..get them boiling...and either run them through a food mill,
I believe they call them "Foley" mills...or take a potato masher and give them a good mashing once they get soft. The Mill makes a fine grained applesauce...and the potato masher will make a rougher..more country type applesauce that I prefer. Add cinnamon..and sugar to taste...let it cool and enjoy. And if you're real industrious...and want to use up a lot of apples...you can just bag that applesauce in freezer bags and pop it in the freezer for this winter..it's wonderful. ( I've found Macintosh apples particularly good this way...but whatever you have is going to taste good)
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Easy applesauce recipe?
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:01:36 PM
..Wow..I should read the whole thread before I post something..LOL...Charon is one step ahead of me..(He usually is..LOL)...Hope you have a great time with those apples...

..Pup
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Easy applesauce recipe?
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:43:11 PM
..I did wanna remind the OP..that this will make a slightly "pink" applesauce because you don't peel the apples...but it's all good..the skins have a lot of the vitamins in them anyways...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Easy applesauce recipe?
Posted: 10/1/2013 12:15:12 PM
so here I am, 5 years later, making applesauce! and this was the only applesauce
thread I could find ... I agree w/Charon that seeds, stems and cores make applesauce
nasty ... bitter ...

otherwise ... I took a bag of apples ... this time, used red delicious ... washed all of
them, cut them into quarters, dug out the stems and cores then cut them into
cubes ... my 3-year-old granddaughter "helped" me by eating some of the fruit!

I did NOT add water because there's no need for water ... apples are plenty juicy ...
I added a little bit of cloves ... a little more nutmeg ... a lot of cinnamon ... and some
raw golden sugar ... AND a tablespoon of butter ... just because butter tastes
wonderful!

sometimes I add other fruits ... craisins, for example ... this morning, I had some
blueberries so tossed them in as well ... last week, I used two different kinds of
apples ... I've used a lot of different fruits ... peaches ... sometimes I add lemon
juice but usually not ...

the applesauce has been slowly simmering for well over an hour now and that's just
fine ... the whole house smells HEAVENLY ... what I'd consider heavenly anyway ...
and that's really a perk ...

not only do you end up with fabulous applesauce ... but you have the additional
benefit of a wonderful-smelling house all morning ...
 Moonchild51
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Easy applesauce recipe?
Posted: 10/2/2013 10:04:46 AM

not only do you end up with fabulous applesauce ... but you have the additional
benefit of a wonderful-smelling house all morning ...

Silly point but? Realtors tell you that when showing your house, you should have a pot of this or even just water and cinammon brewing on the stove to make the home much more attractive to potential buyers!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 14
Easy applesauce recipe?
Posted: 10/2/2013 11:16:36 AM
I went apple picking last weekend. Got a bunch of different kinds.
Washed them, threw them in a pot with just a tiny bit of water,
waited until they were mushy and then poured it into a food mill.
All the seeds, stems and peels stay in the mill...the good stuff
gets ground out.

Added a little cinnamon and that was it.

Best applesauce ever...no peeling or cutting necessary.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 15
Easy applesauce recipe?
Posted: 10/12/2013 10:36:19 AM

Silly point but? Realtors tell you that when showing your house, you should have a pot of this or even just water and cinammon brewing on the stove to make the home much more attractive to potential buyers!

when i sold my last place i baked bread in the bread maker. that was a lot of bread i made. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Easy applesauce recipe?