Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Brock Lesnar.... Potential to be great?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thebigslim
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Brock Lesnar.... Potential to be great?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I for one would love to see this man be a dominating force in the UFC ... but suffice to say, unless he gets better trainers (or different ones) I don't see this happening in his future. His first 2 fights.... lets face it he is a brawler more than he is a MMA fighter. Granted he did improve a lot from his first fight to his second.... but is it just me, or for a guy who has SO much knowledge and experience as a wrestler, he would know what to do while on the ground. For someone who has a weight advantage, you would think he could use it better?

He is careless with his punches when on the ground (too many close calls to the back of the opponents head) doesn't do enough ground and pound, rarely uses his knees, doesn't give any kind of body shots..... from what I can see, all he does is stay on top of the guy and in hopes he doesn't get up.

Personally, unless he can actually do something on the ground... I say make he should be a striker since he is a beast as it is and can use his power to some better use.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see him fight and I truly want this guy to be to the point where no one can step up and beat him.... but will it actually happen?

Your thoughts on how he can improve his game / training in light of what the right thing to do is..... I don't know about any of you, but I don't want to see him get bumped down to K1 anytime soon.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Brock Lesnar.... Potential to be great?
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:25:25 PM
he is already got great wrestling skills and we saw that in his first two fights especially the last one.

Lesner is a ground and pound type of guy he likes that kind of style and personally me too, more exicting matches then your typical subbmission ones. His fighting style reminds me of a lot like Randy Couture's where they would take you to the ground and just continue to pound you to the ground. Of course both of them came from the same cut of mould with their collegiate wrestling backgrounds. I'd say with a little time Lesnar will end up being a great MMA fighter. He isn't there yet, but he sure did impress a lot of people in the last fight. So he is getting better as time goes by.
 electrifying84
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/30/2008 11:07:53 PM
Brock lesnar will be the main man
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 4:13:11 AM
He needs to do the F5 on someone now that would be funny.
 thebigslim
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:21:16 AM
LOL to see him F5 someone in a match would be awesome.... but now lets move on to the next portion.... Lesnar vs. Randy C .... I am as shocked as the next person that this is happening so soon in his career, but serious money is to be made for this event no doubt.

My only question is, can Randy over come the serious weight dis-advantage? Granted he did great against Silvia, but this is no Silvia .... I see a new champion in the making, how does everyone else feel about this?
 Optimistic for 2008
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/4/2008 3:49:46 PM
Has anyone heard what Randy and Brock are being paid for the fight.
 kenpoboy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 4:56:47 PM
Brock has excellent potential - he already has a stellar wrestling resume, good striking, and extreme physical attributes. More importantly, he has the right working mindset to acheive results if he wants them. If he can put the submission game together (not easy by any means), he could be a serious force in MMA for a long time.

I am hoping that Frank Mir beats him for the second time, though. LOL.
 JMars
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/25/2009 2:03:41 PM
Brock has alot of potnetial IMO.

The fact that he brings some showmanship to the sport isn't necessarily a bad thing. Guys like Tank Abbot (lol), Tito Ortiz and now Chris Leben, or should that be Junie whats-his-face (???), have built up their careers being "heels", to use the pro wrestling term. So, I guess if that works for Brock, it works for him. It certainly keeps eyes on him, mouths talking about him, and amounts to free publicity, so ...

Of course, I'd say that one of the reasons that Brock's light shines SO brightly is because of the depth of the heavy weight division. These guys dson't necessarily epitomize skill in the same way the lighter weights class do.

I don't think that you can at all judge a fighter outside of the context of his competition. And Brock is in the weakest pool.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Brock Lesnar.... Potential to be great?