Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do I handle this? Help!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LeeAnne51
Msg: 2
How do I handle this? Help!Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I agree with the first responder, your husband is the one that needs to put his family straight, if he dont do it why should they care what they do to you if he allows it, perhaps he needs to change churches, pull away from his family until they understand your his life not them, if again he wont do that, you should set down and have a very strong conversation with him and ask him why he wont do what a man should do, im not sayin he dont need contact with his family but he should make it plain to them who HIS FAMILY IS, remind him of the vows, forsaking all others and if he cant do it, then hon the balls back in your court.
 Wildman46
Msg: 5
How do I handle this? Help!
Posted: 8/31/2008 8:08:02 AM
My don't you start making the time to go to church with your husband, Seems that would solve one issue with his "family".

Like others have said before me, Your husband needs to deal with this. He seems to have a pretty good angle on it now, I don't think you have anything to worry about. He fact that he told you right away and stopped talking to his sister speaks valumes.
 Wildman46
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/31/2008 8:33:31 AM
" My question is why you are on a dating site trying to get answers... Go to a counsellor, stay off the dating sites, you are married"

I had no idea that POF was exclusively a dating site. I actually thought people in relationships sometimes came just to participate in the forums and hang out with friends.

Plus the Op clearly states in her profile she is married and only looking to make some new FEMALE friends eventhough she is totally straight. She even ask that no male try contacting her because she is happily married. I fail to see the issue with her being on POF ...... Perhaps the above quoted poster would like to clarify how post as to why she objects to the OP being here?.
 degostyle
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:22:23 PM
You know, there might be more behind it. Does your husband make good money? If he does, your in laws may be having money problems and the only way they can get your husband to help is to get him to leave you so there are less bills..I.E., sell the house you guys currently have, no wife to support...And you just dont know they have them. It may seem far fetched but I have seen it happen...3 times with different people. In laws can be very evil to get what they want so you never know.
 oceaneyess
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:11:23 PM
I have not read all your responses so this may have been said before.

Your husband sounds like a good guy. He's assuring you he loves you and doesn't want anything to do with the intended homewrecker. He is also not having anything to do with his family drama.

It sounds like his family is just jealous of you, your relationship with your husband,(hence telling you someone else is interested in him), and it sounds like they have no life.

The best way to combat such weeds is to just show them how happy you are with your man and tell them you feel sorry for them. They are getting something out of upsetting you,,they will get no fuel for their actions if you show them otherwise.

Best of luck.
 arwen52
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:57:59 PM
I don't know what church these people go to, but they apparently have no respect for the sanctity of marriage.

Let your husband deal with them. He should be offended they would even suggest such a thing. I can't imagine why he would tell you they made such stupid, insulting remarks.
 deepsea66
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 3:46:19 AM
I just think it is so sad that all this crap and drama is going on after 25 years of marriage. I would hope after that amount of time you would have your sh*t together and would have worked out any crap.

Yay to being single! lol
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do I handle this? Help!