Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I need an excuse to get out of it....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wizardofossington
Msg: 1
I need an excuse to get out of it....Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Okay this is what's going on....

Several weeks back I got a text by an exgirlfriend who invited me to be her date to go to wedding on the Sunday Sept 14. The wedding starts 4pm and I agreed to go, but there is one problem. I am football fan and a huge fan of the New England Patriots, so I never miss a game. The Patriots play the Jets at 4 pm, and it's going to be a GOOD game. I totally forgot about the game when I said "yes", so I need an excuse to get out of it.

Can somebody give me a good excuse to get out of it? Pleeeeese!!!!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I need an excuse to get out of it....
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:52:17 PM
It's a stupid reason to back out on a promise. You can tape the game and stay away from audio visuals until you get home if knowing the score ruins it for you. You also should not have committed to the wedding without checking the football schedule if games are that important to you.

If you don't intend to stand by the commitment then I agree with the other posters, tell her the truth and offer to make it up to her but do it now, gives her some time to dig up another date. Better yet, find her a replacement. You helped her out by agreeing to go, now you want to BE the problem, offer a solution to it and again, tell the truth. It's the difference between being an ass and being an unmitigated one.
 Naughtical
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:53:06 PM

Geeze...no wonder your her "ex"!

Just be honest with her...it is probably not the first time you've let her down on something that is important to her.

Oh, yeah...enjoy the game.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:55:25 PM
How about calling her and telling her that she was right in dumping your lame a*ss and that she's better off without you because you have no sense of values and commitment and you would rather be childish and lie to her than be honest.

What a lame dork you are!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:02:11 PM
What the hell are you worried about? Tell her there's a football game on and you'd rather do that than go to see some poor schmuck sign his life away.

She's an EX girlfriend, so why would you give a shit?

Reach down the front of your pants. There should be a bag dangling down between your legs with a couple firm, oval shaped, sensitive lumps in that sack. If there is nothing there, check your last girlfriend's purse, your balls may be in there at the bottom with the lint and Extra gum .

Sheesh....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:12:14 PM
You call her ASAP and tell her that you had something suddenly come up for that date and that you are unable to attend the wedding with her. You don't need to go into the details.

The plan is to tell her by Wednesday....

Do you have a cell phone that has the updated scores on it?

I don't, I wish I did, damn it!!!!

How about telling her the truth, like right now?

I've already told her about the game and admitted it to her if she was able to find somebody else that it was okay with it. She thought I was joking and said "You BETTER GO!!!" because I said was.

You forgot about the game. That's hardly an unpardonable sin.

I know....Forgive me Football Father for I have sinned. It has been several weeks since I said yes to go to a wedding and forgot about a football game.

You also should not have committed to the wedding without checking the football schedule if games are that important to you.

You're right....I'm a goof ball. I've thought about recorded it, but it's not the same.

Oh, yeah...enjoy the game.
(I'll be rooting for whoever the Patriots play)

I will....Just don't bet your money on the other team.

is off topic to dating experiences.... how?

It would be a dating experience if I go....

Let me just add that she is actually dating other people. I don't know why she hasn't ask them. She always calls me with her guy problems, which is quite sad. I have giving everything to her when we were together, but I am completely over her, but then again I was never crazy about her. If you knew this girl you would actually help me out to get out of this.
 WHERESMYQT
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:13:37 PM
im sorry but i think your a loser if you would rather sit around watching a bunch of guys tackle each other than go to a wedding with drinks dancing ladys and a buzzed X girlfriend!!! i guess we now know why she is an X !! get out from the tv and go have some real fun and enjoy life for you and not for some guys playing football???
 wizardofossington
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:22:24 PM
To the ones that are posting insults towards me....You have never changed your mind about a situation and lied about it? You're going straight to heaven because you have been soooo honest to everybody in your life.
 The Magician
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:29:59 PM

Several weeks back I got a text by an exgirlfriend who invited me to be her date to go to wedding on the Sunday Sept 14. The wedding starts 4pm and I agreed to go, but there is one problem. I am football fan and a huge fan of the New England Patriots, so I never miss a game. The Patriots play the Jets at 4 pm, and it's going to be a GOOD game. I totally forgot about the game when I said "yes", so I need an excuse to get out of it.

This is a joke thread, right? You really care more about pleasing your passion than keeping a promise?

It's no freaking wonder you are her ex. You don't have the gonads to tell her the truth, in that maybe, you forgot about the game, and made a hasty choice in accepting.
Telling the truth is not an excuse, it's merely being honest and hoping for forgiveness.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:30:30 PM
Some women love to paint their nails, their hair done, and get their mustache waxed....

And some men enjoy sports, whats the big deal?

People are skipping what I posted in msg 14....I have already told her the truth. And she knows my passion for the game, so she somewhat understands.

She just told me the guy she was dating sort of dumped her because she talks to too many guys. She even mentioned to me that she thought about asking him before she got dumped to go to the wedding after I told her the truth, which she thought I was joking. I am not a creep just to let people know. And there have been several occassions when we would make plans and she would call me with some type of excuse too....People she's an exgirlfriend....Sometimes an ex is meant to be and ex....
 Twilo
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:33:31 PM
Seeing Farve play with the Jets would be a good enough excuse in my book...
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:35:45 PM
I would use the emergency excuse too..something tells me if wiz misses a game, it would be an emergency!!

And wiz; some ladies paint their nails, do their makeup and perhaps, waxes their lip fuzz while the game is on...now pass me a beer, would ya?

PS: I just missed Jason Bay score cos I was posting this!!!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:43:19 PM
Seeing Farve play with the Jets would be a good enough excuse in my book...

You're alright in my books....

And wiz; some ladies paint their nails, do their makeup and perhaps, waxes their lip fuzz while the game is on...now pass me a beer, would ya?

My kind of lady....What are you doing Sept 14?

PS: I just missed Jason Bay score cos I was posting this!!!

I'm sorry....I've missed the whole thing too because I've been repling to this....
 SecretFormula09
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:47:39 PM
How about just telling her you changed your mind...I have said yes to invitations before and then later changed my mind...You really dont need an excuse...Just let her know you wont be going with her...It is your life, after all...Pretty simple if you ask me.
 SavannahSaucy
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:58:46 PM
A couple of posters have commented that your commitment to football games may have been the reason you're now "exes." In my opinion, that's irrelevant to the question posted. However ...

Reach down the front of your pants. There should be a bag dangling down between your legs with a couple firm, oval shaped, sensitive lumps in that sack. If there is nothing there, check your last girlfriend's purse, your balls may be in there at the bottom with the lint and Extra gum .

... I find this answer hilarious! And, I'm not a sports fan, so I'm not defending it on that basis.

Hey, everyone makes mistakes. You inadvertently overcommitted yourself. The kindest thing to do is to let her know you've re-evaluated your preferences and have decided to take in the game. Apologize graciously, explain, and she should be able to find someone else to go to the wedding with her. Orrrrrr, go alone. It happens.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:00:17 PM

Let me just add that she is actually dating other people. I don't know why she hasn't ask them. She always calls me with her guy problems, which is quite sad.

Geezus, man!

She thinks you are one of her GIRLFRIENDS, for gawd's sake. If she's dating other guys, tell her to take one of those guys.

Do you even KNOW the people getting married? If not, WHY would you go? Why go somewhere you don't know anyone while your EX girlfriend abandons you to darling Uncle Albert and Auntie Mary while she goes and parties with her friends???!!!

Go watch the game! You owe her NOTHING!

Yikes....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:05:27 PM
Anybody in here want to go with her? She's a very pretty girl, nice body, nice everything, but very stuck on herself....Oh by the way, she'll talk ear off, guaranteed.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:08:31 PM

Anybody in here want to go with her? She's a very pretty girl, nice body, nice everything, but very stuck on herself....Oh by the way, she'll talk ear off, guaranteed.

Hey, I'LL go if she pays my way out there...... and rents me a tux.....

... then, I'LL ditch her and I'll see you at the game!

Yeeeeeeeeeha!

Jac Biker Gal
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:10:26 PM
Forget excuses and find some balls, do her a favour make it clear that you were telling her the truth, it wasn't just a joke, she's you're ex, you obviously prefer the game to her and she should expect you to be yourself, maybe that's why you are ex's you obviously don't have feeling for her but you need to learn to make it clear to her she can't come running to you, unless of course you need her to do that cos in spite of what you say you can't let go and neither can she, sort it out and end it properly!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:10:41 PM

Hey, I'LL go if she pays my way out there...... and rents me a tux.....

... then, I'LL ditch her and I'll see you at the game!

Yeeeeeeeeeha!

The bidding starts now fellows.....
 rebel64735
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:24:04 PM
I agree with #15 totally.... tape the damn game, and get a life.... this involves lots of women who are getting drunk, dancing and feeling romantic. Weddings are the best place in the world to find a lady. You can't tape that while the game is on! Personally I would love to take your place there. I may even go crash some weddings for the opportunity to get what you are missing! At least a lot of the women who are attending weddings know what commitment is!
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:33:13 PM
I agree, GROW A SET. And tell her NOW! Why the &V<# are you waiting until Wednesday?

Try putting yourself in her shoes. She still thinks you are a decent guy apparently. So, prove her right by being a man and telling her the truth, or, try a little EMPATHY. Personally, I believe that organized sports suck. It's a bunch of spoiled people getting paid a phenomenal amount of money who have egos the size of Neptune who behave badly.

If a freaking GAME is more important than a woman's feeling, then TELL HER. Today, so she can make other plans. But don't be a nutless wimp who has to lie about it. Own up to whatever you believe in, ignore anything you don't like here, and be your own person. Sheesh...
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:36:50 PM

... this involves lots of women who are getting drunk, dancing and feeling romantic.

Have you been around really drunk women? Sure the romantic part's great, but they tend to pass out before Tab A gets inserted into Slot B.

Even WAY before you even get close to THAT point, there is all that screeching and falling down and crying and stuff that goes on... after a while they look like live, poofy Pinatas with makeup all over their faces running around trying to pick up the 15 year old usher with the nice ass....

... gimme the football game any day.....

wizardofossington
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:50:43 PM
... gimme the football game any day.....

My man!!!!

So far I got a lot of people just wanting me to tell the truth, so it might just lead that way. I was hoping somebody would come up with a good lie, but I guess honesty is the best policy....

I appreciate the ones who enjoyed talking about my balls, I never had so many people wanting to know if I had some....I almost feel violated.

YingKissesYang
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:59:53 PM
((((.....wedding on Sunday Sept 14 that... starts 4pm . The Patriots play the Jets at 4 pm.... I need an excuse to get out of it. ))))

I thought weddings only last 1/2 hour or an hour...go and leave asap if you want. That will make the second half more exciting.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I need an excuse to get out of it....