Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I need to let go      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sydneyleigh
Msg: 6
view profile
History
I need to let goPage 1 of 1    
You jumped into a relationship right after your divorce... consider him your "rebound" guy, and spend some time with yourself for a bit.

Only you will know when you are really ready to date. But you need to grieve it, like you grieved your divorce. (and if you didn't, well, start THERE) and then dust yourself off and live your life with your kids.

I'd suggest dating, if you just want to enjoy a man's company, instead of looking for a relationship. Give yourself some time to figure out who you are as a single mom. And don't introduce anyone else into your kids lives for a while.... that really can confuse them.

sydneyleigh
 Ron9
Msg: 9
I need to let go
Posted: 9/2/2008 10:07:20 AM
When all else fails - we have to face the facts.

OP - turn the dial up on your built in logic systems. When you get your logic turned up - you will start to face the facts.

Not that I am all that good at facing the facts. My ex-wife (married 17 years) tosses me a ...... a ....... a ........ dangle every so often.

We need to realize what those kinds of dangles really are.

“Here - I will toss you a dangle” (to self they say - “that should keep them guessing for a month”)

Their dangles to us are total insults and to them that is all us pathetic hanger on-ers deserve. Maybe they even laugh at us when they leave or hang up the phone.

If someone steps in a big pile of dog chit - they say ...... “eww I just stepped in a big pile of dog chit” ...... they are facing the facts.
 H2OLuvCoco
Msg: 11
view profile
History
I need to let go
Posted: 9/2/2008 12:11:46 PM
ohiomama...

lots of caring, thoughtful, smart people have replied here...

...and, have obviously given you some good ideas. i have had trouble "letting go" in the past myself. i can tell you that the "no contact" thing makes it easier. in other words: committ to yourself that you will have NO MORE contact with your ex for at least a limited time.(say 30 days). the time will help you to focus on you, your children, gain perspective, etc.

good luck and god bless!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I need to let go