Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Coming Unwound on a Winding Road      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wordsenchanting
Msg: 1
Coming Unwound on a Winding RoadPage 1 of 1    
I was driving along a curvy road last night when I went into a right hand turn which seemed quite endless. After a few minutes in the turn I realized my worst fear was true. Just ahead I could see my own tail lights and in my rear view mirror I could see what I was quite sure were my own headlights. To make sure, I flashed the highbeam and yes, it was true, I was behind myself. I was irritated that I was driving so slow ahead of me, so I crowded myself just a bit by accelerating slightly, but in response, I started tailgating myself (which was even more annoying) so I touched my brakes slightly to warn me back. Well, that had no effect so I slammed my brakes in an act of road rage but once again I knew it was about to happen since I was the person behind me so I swerved and passed me on a double yellow line. That really made me mad so I sped up to get the plate number which I did. I considered using my cell phone and calling the plate number in to the police but I realized I barely had enough money to pay for gas, let alone an expensive ticket. Besides that, on a citizen's complaint I figured I would need another witness, and although by then I was completely beside myself, I realized the police would have a very difficult time determining which of us was the guilty party.
 wordsenchanting
Msg: 2
Coming Unwound on a Winding Road
Posted: 9/3/2008 11:00:31 AM
There are times when I think the whole world has gone crazy but other times I think to myself, "Maybe it's just me?"
That is when I realize it is in fact the whole world gone mad since I disproved the latter supposition by not having said "Maybe it's just us?"

(at least that's what the voices told me to say)

steve
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Coming Unwound on a Winding Road