Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is this a commonly shared opinion?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jd28spot
Msg: 2
Is this a commonly shared opinion?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yep....they were definitely talking about me when they wrote that book!
 CMonster
Msg: 4
Is this a commonly shared opinion?
Posted: 9/3/2008 7:36:30 PM
Isn't that the same book that mentions a study which concluded that women who were ovulating get horny for men other than their husbands or partners? I think that the authors wrote with an extreme tongue in cheek style in order to make a point. Perhaps there's truth in it but to what extent?

Fellas, you might consider keeping your women locked in the basement a few days after she's finished with her time of the month. You don't want her getting any ideas about other guys when her eggs are ready to hatch.
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 7:36:36 PM
Of course men have vastly lesser opinions of women than this quote conveys. That's why there are millions of us looking for women to spend our lives with.

Women must think very little of us for the same reasons.
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/3/2008 7:44:29 PM
I felt this way many, many years ago. But, these days it is my feeling that most (not all) women are, according to the standards that men hold for other men, inferior.
 SteveinHP
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:35:41 PM
For the most part, it is true, but I would not go as far as a woman is better in almost every way.

The part that rings true to me the most is
that women are, despite their inarguably wonderful qualities and competencies, completely out of their minds."

SAIUN
Msg: 14
Is this a commonly shared opinion? - but men were not in awe of women on the whole.
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:21:35 PM
Unfortunately, no women have managed to bring themselves to love something as lumpy and ugly as me.
 stopstarin
Msg: 16
Is this a commonly shared opinion? - but men were not in awe of women on the whole.
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:30:07 PM
it's the "hole" of women we men are in awe of!

Oh come on, I'm not the only one who thought this!

_Icon_
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/4/2008 1:18:36 AM

Sheesh! You ought to use that book as a doorstop.

That was my impression, too.
 keng71
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/4/2008 6:33:57 AM
LOL yes we all feel this way it's a big secret that we only talk about at our secret meetings were we worship the an idol of a small petite woman and cry over our lumpy bodies and pray we will find a woman that we can trick into sleeping with us....and we watch Chick Flicks! Yes guys I let out the secret!...Sorry!

I need to write a book. I need cash.
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/4/2008 4:39:34 PM
To keep from fretting over the impending monster hurricane Ike projected to be a category 3 or 4 by the time it hits south Florida - pretty scary - I decided to escape to the forums where I can be lost for hours. I was happy when I found this one.. I know it's an "Ask a Guy" thread but I find it an interesting thread . . . interesting posts . . . humorous and insightful and feel the need to add my silly two cents.

I think the only time a guy is in awe of a woman and vice versa is at the earliest phase of a relationship.. after that the "awe" subsides or completely fades away if the relationship doesn't make it. I adore the men but I'm not in awe of them and I suspect men feel the same way about women.

<div class="quote">msg 8 >>>That was sort of the point of the book. Women think men are idiots and men think women are "completely out of their minds."
Do I think men (in general) are "idiots"? mmm... not so much. I haven't encountered many guys who I would classify as "idiots". If anything, I think men (in general) are better classified as "boys" who never quite grow up and I don't think that's such a bad thing. Perhaps it's my generation - I don't think I'll ever "grow up" either. At least that's what my mom kept telling me all the time. Nor do I consider myself to be completely out of my mind - as Pirateheaven posted - I just think differently. I like that concept. Most times I'm not only not on the same page as everyone else but a lot of the time I'm in a whole nuther book It just makes life more interesting..

<div class='quote'>msg 8 >>>Oh, and I can change my own oil. I just think it's well worth the $20 to have somebody do it for me. $25 if I get to watch some hot young guy do it!

Love it!! Proof of how logical a woman can be Admittedly, I don't know how to change my own oil nor do I care to learn.. I just love how Windchick thinks
 superbadzzz
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/4/2008 6:57:39 PM
"Deep down, a man believes his penis is smarter than he is in almost every way. "
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/4/2008 7:37:02 PM
OK, love some of the responses here, some need to be tossed.

The best one is the one saying the book should be used as a doorstop. I haven't read it but find it ridiculous. I think men and women are often in awe of each other, I certainly have an awe of men, I love their strength and calmness. Heck I love the differences between men and women, find it awesome.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:56:51 PM
I remember a guy I had the hots for and he definitely had the hots for me. He was in law enforcement and did part time security at the mall where I had a little store. I remember after flirting with him one day the next day I came to work dressed in a mini dress, black stockings, high heels..

He was walking past me on the other side non-chalantly and was chewing on a tooth pick till he saw me and his jaw dropped open the tooth pick fell out of his mouth and he spent a few seconds juggling the tooth pick in the air so it wouldn't fall on the floor. I saw this out of the corner of my eye because we are experts at looking ahead but noticing what we see peripherally.

I had a friend walking with me and I had remarked to her if she thought that he would like the way I was dressed that night.. and she looked at me and said "obviously, he liked the way you were dressed".

It seems that my experience would fit into the narrative of the OP.. and of course you see this every day with a pretty girl coming into the room and a fat balding middle aged man suddenly sucks in his gut!!

I think that sometimes men are angry with us as a whole because we are able to cast a spell on them. I think their chief problem is probably testosterone.. and our most effective weapon is that we can multitask.. and of course we have the ability to catch their eye because they are so visual.

But let me tell you when I see the OP post come into actuality is when my brother is sitting there watching his grand daughters play. He is totally mesmerized with their beauty and their deft ability to be coy even as toddlers there is that mysterious thing that we call femininity that bursts forth.. I think our challenge as women is to allow what makes us different from a man to capture him just by being ourselves.. no games.. no manipulation.

They love our softness (not weakness), our ability to color coordinate, the fact that we can talk on the phone and hold a baby on a hip and cook dinner all at the same time.

I need to remember to show my softness more often.. And.. I think that one reason why women seem to have lost their minds is that they probably have lost their minds by trying to be something other than what they are.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 7:52:10 AM
I'm in total shock and awe at the fact that I can cook much better than the average women I've met in my 41yrs on this planet. What are they feeding all those babies?
 keng71
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/10/2008 3:54:05 PM
Honeslty does anyone think guys really think like this? This can't be a real question. *click*
 SirJustus
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:00:33 AM

Oh, and I can change my own oil. I just think it's well worth the $20 to have somebody do it for me. $25 if I get to watch some hot young guy do it!

Here is the reasoning of break down behind this quote, enjoy all you women.
Men, only for the ones that can handle it.

Oil Change instructions for Women :

1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.
2) Drink a cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maint ained vehicle.

Money spent:

Oil Change: $20.00
Coffee: $1.00
Total:$21.00
==========

Oil Change instructions for Men :

1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.
2) Stop by 7/11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.
3) Open a beer and drink it..
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
9) Give up and use crescent wrench.
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. Cuss.
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.
18) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
19) Remember drain plug from step 11.
20) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
21) Drink beer.
22) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.
23) Get drain plug back in with only a minor spill. Drink beer.
24) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame removing any excess skin between knuckles and frame.
25) Begin cussing fit.
26) Throw stupid crescent wrench.
27) Cuss for additional 5 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.
28) Beer.
29) Clean up hands and bandage as required to stop blood flow..
30) Beer.
31) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
32) Beer.
33) Lower car from jack stands.
34) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during any missed steps.
35) Beer.
36) Test drive car.
37) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence..
38) Car gets impounded.
39) Call loving wife, make bail.
40) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

Money spent:
Parts:$50.00
DUI:$2500.00
Impound fee:$75. 00
Bail:$1500.00
Beer:$20.00
Total:$4,145.00
But you know the job was done right!
 digdug38
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:37:04 AM
Yeah, I don't follow how women find men attractive. I think guys got the better end of *that* deal 'cause women's bodies are a lot more interesting to look at. Of course, keep in mind that we have to face (and look at) everything we ****.
 rockondon
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:56:29 PM
you read it wrong. We're not in awe of women on the whole, we're in awe when we're in women's hole.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is this a commonly shared opinion?