Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 faith2565
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?Page 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Tonight on CNN they reported that Sarah will not speak to the media or be interviewed. Is that going to help or hurt her in the end?

-----------------------------------------------------------
POLITICAL MEMO
In the Spotlight, and Often Out of View

By MONICA DAVEY
Published: September 5, 2008
ST. PAUL — The Sunday morning political programs will be jammed with candidates this weekend. Flip through the channels and see them all — Senators Barack Obama, John McCain, Joseph R. Biden Jr.

The Caucus
The latest news from the convention in St. Paul and around the nation. Join the discussion.
Times Topics: Republican Convention
Election Guide | More Politics News
Only one name, it seemed, was missing from the scheduled lineup: Gov. Sarah Palin, Mr. McCain’s unexpected running mate.

While Ms. Palin spent Friday greeting large, enthused crowds in the Midwest, chatting up families eating ice cream and shaking hands with police officers, she held no news conferences before the crew of reporters who are already trailing her, step by step, along her political journey.
Click any of the Links below to access these Forum Categories:

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Related Links:Changes to Forums
Links Removed

For the Time being, there is ZERO Tolerance for Trolls posting Flamebait,
Insults, or peddling Agendas. Automatic 28 Day minimum Vacation Package.
    Don't post here if you can't keep your "Cool"

Report offensive Posts as usual in the Forum Rule Violations Report Thread
 H2OLuvCoco
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?
Posted: 9/5/2008 7:59:18 PM
Maybe just a guess...

But, I would "gander" that she's best with a script/ possibly something "prewritten" for her. And, she possibly fears the unknown digs that will be pitched her way
(and very well she should!)
 faith2565
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:02:29 PM
When I heard the speech it was full of some many untruths, I think she is afraid of the media destroying her. Didn't she see how the media treated Hillary and she was never that mean. We will see?
 faith2565
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:13:06 PM
yes, the debates will be great. She can not practice.
 geeleebee
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:40:52 PM

Tonight on CNN they reported that Sarah will not speak to the media or be interviewed. Is that going to help or hurt her in the end?

How is it possible for the person who will be a heartbeat away from the presidency of the United States to NOT be interviewed? In what way will that support her election as VP?
Do her handlers think that the voters of this country are SO STUPID that we'll vote for her because she is female? A hunter? A governor? Pro-Life? Looks good in a skirt and heels?
Don't those who plan to vote for her REALLY want the rest of us to know why their precious vote will go her way?
 geeleebee
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:29:05 PM
Surprise..surprise... another thread on Sarah Palin. Could this not have been included in one of the others? I think it could have. It's looking like everyone wants their own name associated with Palin news... even if it is a handle on a forum within a web site.

Come on People... look at the threads congestion. Combine some of these topics. I could care less what questions you pose about any of the Candidates.. have at it. Just group it all together better is my suggestion. Nothing more or less. Just a simple suggestion

And...here you are, contributing to the 'congestion', associating your name with Palin news.

It should bother all of us that Palin won't do interviews. If she's ready to be second-in-command, then she should be plenty ready to face her constituents.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:29:54 PM
I'm thinking her and McCain want to see the initial reactions to her intro before they set their strategy in stone. Also she is busy prepping.

She was a hasty second choice, no matter how much McCain denies that, and she was not on her guard the last 2 months in anticipation of maybe becoming VP, so their are some very unguarded quotes like "what does the VP do" etc. They can't afford to have anymore.

She also has a pending ethics inquiry. I have read it's fast tracked to the begining of Oct. My guess is she will continue to prep for the debate, stay out of the spotlight until it is resolved.

I doubt they can afford to keep campaigning together and not break up to cover more ground, but McCain is a fighter, he's standing by his choice even if it hurts him in the end, the lack of exposure and the unanswered allegations in the press (about her financial record as mayor, the earmarks and the road to nowhere money she claims she refused but the press says she kept -- I don't mean like, 22 year old husband's dui type of crap).

So, there's McCain for you. Not always the smart move, but he's loyal, that's indisputable.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/5/2008 11:28:20 PM
Funny you pick those guys, cause Clarence Thomas is one of the most incompetent judges on the bench. Not just too conservative for my taste, but incompetent. Rarely writes his own opinions, just signs on to Scalias.

And Quayle, you only forget how bad he was because of the mess that's president now.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/5/2008 11:41:31 PM
And I love it how she says the media attacked her unfairly. Let's be honest here; how many people knew her name a week ago? All those things her supporters keep touting, what a reformer she is and so on? They learned these facts from....wait for it...wait...for...it.....THE MEDIA.

She's complaining because she can't control every story, but clearly there must be some favorable ones out there, because she is an over-night pure media creation and nothing more.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/5/2008 11:56:05 PM
The media shat on all of them. That's there job.

It's your job to scrutinize what you read.

(But I'm wondering how you got your favorable opinion of Palin. Did you meet her in person somewhere? Or did you hear about her in the media?)
 cncgandolf
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 11:58:45 PM
"until she's ready -- and until she's comfortable -- which might not be for a long while -- the media will have to wait. "

She isn't ready to campaign, but she is ready to be president if the old guy dies?

Very very frightening.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/6/2008 12:16:50 AM
^^^^you think that doesn't count as "media?"
 exodusi1
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 12:18:50 AM
If you care, here is Slate's analysys of Palin.

http://www.slate.com/id/2199362/?GT1=38001
 nipoleon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 12:23:41 AM
It's going to take them a while to explain away all that smack she talked at the convention.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:01:24 AM
"They" should put her on The Colbert Rapor...t.....

"They" in quotations because it sure as hell wouldn't be her decision.

By all appearances so far...she has chosen to assimilate....

The borg may kill her off anyway....
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:03:50 AM
Well, there is one other factor besides "issues" that could have drawn you to Hillary. It's who's most likely to get things done. So maybe Hillary only had 1 or 2 issues that appealed to you, but you thought she would be very effective.

If McCain/Palin are alligned with you on issues, then vote that way, but if you think they won't be effective in any of them, or if you think they don't really intend to pursue the issues they are saying they stand for, then perhaps keep an open mind.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:52:50 AM
There is one specific question I know she doesn't want to answer:

"Mzzzzzzzz PittBull with lipstick,

When you called the state police to tell them that you had your son listen in on an arguement, and you then had your sisters neighbors witnessing the fight through the front window of your sister's home, you exclaimed that your brother in law was about to kill your father (because dad was going to fund your sister's divorce) and you reared for your sister's life.

Then you explained the neighbors to continue viewing because you had an imortant meeting to attend.

What meeting could have been more important than saving your sister's life?"[/B]

Of course this would lead to more questions.

"Since you're whole case for Mr. Wooten's dismissal from the trooper force is based on this report you filed with the state police, and you obviously were complicit with your sister staging the fight for your son and sisters neighbors, Isn't this whole thing about revenge on Mr. Wooten because Mr. Wooten had and affair while married to your sister and spurned her for the new woman?
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/6/2008 3:52:56 AM

Well fine, I can't argue with you about your own feelings. But I would like to know what it is that you like about Hillary (or BILL for that matter), and how that fits with a McCain/Palin devotion. To be honest, I've seen you going back and forth and being even a little tortured, especially after Obama's acceptance speech, and yet the only policy issue that I can remember you being explicit on is abortion choice (forgive me if you've said more that I don't recall). If this is really mainly about your Christian beliefs--and thus the abortion issue--then fine, there's no arguing with that, except that BOTH Clintons are pro-choice. But if there's more, then what is it? I'm not trying to hound you, but I really am interested in knowing. Because as little as a week ago you were "undecided." What is it about THIS particular woman (Palin) that has changed that?

And McCain's official position is also pro choice, only in cases of rape and incest or if preg. endangers life of the mother. Of course, in the past, he has been more liberal on this issue, that is why "fact check.org" is not entirely accurate, though a good guide.

Candidates have official positions, then positions that are more probably truer than the "official" position, based on past statements and behavior.

Just as Palin is noted on on fact check as saying she would be a friend to special needs families, yet various sources have reported she cut funding by 65% for such programs. (such as the huffington post).
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/6/2008 4:52:14 AM
She's in Alaska right now "tying up loose ends" (because she was so thoroughly vetted that she knew she'd have to head out on the campaign trail soon).

She's expected to hit the trail by mid week.

By that time, her thunderous lack of credibility and inauthenticity will be all I hear.

Oh, also they have major fundraisers planned in Alaska. Do you suppose it will be the enthusiastic small-town locals contributing to her campaign? Or perhaps oil companies? Yeah, I'm guessing the second one.
 junipermoon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 5:27:13 AM
i suspect the campaign management needs to script her every utterance.

hearing her campaign speech put me in mind of a petulant pre-adolescent shrieking schoolyard taunts.

the powers that be don't want her to make a fool of herself. or them. again.
 mjk21258
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:12:13 AM

Surprise..surprise... another thread on Sarah Palin. Could this not have been included in one of the others? I think it could have. It's looking like everyone wants their own name associated with Palin news... even if it is a handle on a forum within a web site.

Come on People... look at the threads congestion. Combine some of these topics. I could care less what questions you pose about any of the Candidates.. have at it. Just group it all together better is my suggestion. Nothing more or less. Just a simple suggestion.

It shouldn't be a surprise that there are more threads on Palin lately. She is the most unknown of the four candidates, people are curious as to who she is, what she stands for, her background, etc

As for why not put this in another thread. Well quite simply, I believe this is important and would be buried if in another thread. Palin not speaking to the Media because she is ready (prepared) is important, if she isn't ready to sit down with anyone from the media it indicates to me that she isn't ready to run for Vice President. So as far as her being as qualified as Obama, Biden, or McCain, no way. I am sure with enough pressure the campaign will have her do an interview or two, but I wouldn't be surprised if it done by someone very friendly to the McCain camp and with questions approved or submitted by the McCain camp.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:35:36 AM
You mean. sort of like Obama with all his scripts? Nahh.. Probably not. I don't think she's anywhere near that aloof, and she's a lot more personable and approachable by nature.. They are just being cautious for now, because she certainly has a huge political bullseye on her back at the moment. I have a feeling when they actually let her go, to be herself, she'll be just as amazing as she has been to date.

More lies. Obama is quite in touch with his own mind and knows fact's off the top of his head and McCain is the one fumbling for his cheat sheet to deliver his 'spontaneous' answers.

But... This thread is about Palin not speaking with the media, If you wish to compare the PittBull in Lipstick to Obama you might say how Obama isn't afraid to face the press, even a hostile guy like Oh!Rilled from faux.

I have to admit you're right she accepted to carry that huge political target and has nothing but a PittBull bark to fight back with.

Biden will muzzel her in quick order.
 fridayboo
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:03:34 AM
They're micro-managing the whole campaign....They are afraid that she's going to show her ignorance of the issues.....It's purely a fashion show for the republicans...she's more like a show dog who's bark is worse than her bite right now....and the right wing loves all that barking...Obama has come to Rick warrens session, "which was McCains environment" and he sat down with Bill Oreilly! He goes into the fire........and the media better start calling these republicans out on it and quit trying to help make it a close race!
 MacKevinized
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:36:27 AM
Just taking a wild guess... but based upon McCain's lack of temper and what their campaign has gone through the past few days, I'll take a wild guess that McCain probably blew his cool and told her to shut up

Here they try to set her up as some sort of beautiful rock star to combat Obama's status and she put's on a set of heel's to deliver some 'red meat' to get attention for McCain but instead kept all the attention for herself and made that pitt bull with lipstick comment and:

Now everybody thinks she looks like a dog without all that makeup.
 faith2565
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:40:17 AM
Last night on Fox they were acting as though the democrats put her business out there. In fact it was the republicans. We will see in the end. But, she has helped McCain's ticket. He has had a rise in the polls.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?