Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteveinHP
Msg: 2
Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?Page 1 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
Because older women are more experienced. It is a badge of honor to some guys to have "tagged the cougar"

Older women tend to know what they want, have less inhibitions, and you do not have to play as many games as you would with a younger girl...
 Just LookingDFW
Msg: 3
Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:41:10 AM
There are a lot of older women that want a younger man, I was a about 19 and I had meet a 35 yr old lady, She was hot and man I should have stuck with that, she had a good job and took good care of me. I made a big mistake by letting that go.
 solocus
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:43:30 AM

Because older women are more experienced. It is a badge of honor to some guys to have "tagged the cougar"

Older women tend to know what they want, have less inhibitions, and you do not have to play as many games as you would with a younger girl...

Could not have said it better, especially the play games part
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:46:31 AM
Because younger women aren't giving it up to them?

Seriously. How can there be one answer for every guy that has sex with, or chases, older women? Some are honestly attracted to older women. Most have ulterior motives involving anything from sex to money. Good luck weeding out the ones that are sincere. Basically, it's the same as it is for men and much younger women.
 chris-gy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:16:40 PM
When I was younger (16-25) I found older women attractive.....I'm 49 now. Trust Me!!!! It's not the same.
 Kolpadet
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:19:40 PM
I wish people stopped using the word "cougar" as if they just invented the concept of age differences in relationships.

So below this paragraph I will cover the positive aspect of dating older women, but I'll get into the negative aspects here. We should put just as much criticism on older women who date younger men as we would for older men who date young women. I would say from the emotional maturity point-of-view of older women, they have the same psychological issues as older men do when they date significantly below their age. It's one thing to have a fantasy about some hot guy/girl who is younger, but it's another thing to have an emotional immaturity issue that creates an inability to forge a relationship with anyone of your maturity and age level.

THAT being said...

I've dated women older than me and younger than me, and I've found that there's immaturity and maturity in all age distributions. When I was in college, I dated a woman who had finished law school, had a career direction, knew what she wanted, and had experienced life a little bit. I wasn't *young* (I was 20/21,) but it was the experience difference that made things so night-and-day from dating women my own age.

Now that I am older, I still think that once people get a stable profession and a job, they become more focused on where they want to go with their lives. This, in turn, eliminates bull. Also, it helps when people grow a bit older and their hormones stabilize.

In the words of a fellow promoter... "When you're under 30 and do dumb *@&*, you're under 30. When you're over 30 and you do dumb *@&*... it's just dumb *@&!"

Your friendly, neighborhood K,
--K
 JustMary65
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/7/2008 3:58:27 PM
Ms LORI!!!

I've had to ponder this from many different perspectives. I married a younger man and we managed to last a good 15 yrs-age wasn't the issue at all. I've dated and been intimate with men much younger than me ( Yeah, call me the CRADLE ROBBER) and to be honest the thing that struck me most was despite the age gap most of the men in question ( yes, I call em men cuz I'm not hanging out at the local high schools looking for a date to Hugh Heffah's Booty Fest) really had a good head on their shoulders, and could handle a conversation with ease and tact.

I've even asked one person who I still see what is the big deal with older women and this was his reply.

1. Older women tend to have experience and enjoy sex ( who woulda thunk it?)

2. Much less drama!

3. Generally have no hang-ups about themselves or others ( yeah, there is always an exception to that.)

4. Far easier to talk to-and generally do listen.

I'd tend to agree with him on many points-though age doesn't always guarantee maturity, understanding, being drama free-etc. I suspect some guys, not all, figure an older women would be far easier to get in bed than a younger woman. Whatever the reason, so long as both parties are over 21 and act responsibly it shouldn't matter.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:09:21 PM
When I was 19, older women were very attractrive to me. 20-30. When I was 29, I liked them closer to my own age. At 41... Younger is more attractive 90% of the time (Not 20 years younger.); but, older isn't out of the question. It's a matter of physical attraction AND maturity. Finding both isn't easy.
 JustMary65
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:17:15 PM
Older women having sex with younger men isn't necessarily a problem, however it can become an issue for some people when the age gap extends beyond ten or more yrs. I mean I have been with a man whose ten yrs younger than me, but he's in his thirties so I would think that wouldn't bother folks much, but I think that if the man is younger than that eyebrows are raised. Funny thing is, when I was much younger I always seemed attracted to men ten or more yrs older than me. My manfriend is a month younger than me ( he's still younger ha ha) but I find I tend to click more with younger men.

I spend time with people I like and I would like to believe that is why they spend time with me. I agree that all the replies are respectful and informative, even those that don't necessarily agree with the notion younger men should be with older women.

MM
 discrete_contact
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:22:17 PM

When I was 19, older women were very attractrive to me. 20-30. When I was 29, I liked them closer to my own age. At 41... Younger is more attractive 90% of the time (Not 20 years younger.); but, older isn't out of the question. It's a matter of physical attraction AND maturity. Finding both isn't easy.

Exactly...when I was 20 I wanted to have sex with a 25 yeras old...Why? Because I thought somehow they will f-k sooner then my 20 years counterparts. But soon I realized that no matter if they are 20 or 40 its basically its the same thing.....
Of course the 40 ones are more desperate as they get less and less attention.
There are always exceptions of 40 years old good looking women but that's not the rule....so as we men age we want younger women in general. If you don't believe it go out and do a survey.....or go and find the exceptions. Also as women age they think we men would do the same effort to get them. FALSE. Its mostly a good-bye/i am not interested case. Also there will be desparate men as well who will say the other way just to be "politicaly correct" in front of 40 years old women...and at least get something....and that's part of their game.
Many 40 years and older women don't realize they are at the edge of their opportunities (of course there are always exceptions)...and from this stage...they will get less...and lesss....and nothing....or they get talks about the weather and politics....maybe. The better looking ones may get some sex offers but not sure how many could end up in the so called "serious relationship" range.
 JustMary65
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:37:08 PM
Okay-just because I'm feeling sarcastic---did it ever occur to some of those younger men who are seeking an older woman that some of those older women view younger men like this-young, dumb and full of c*m. I find it interesting that it's easier to 'think' that older women are just 'easy poontang'-wake up fellah's not all older women are hard up or desperate for sex---we are just smarter at making you think we are-

EDIT: I can't speak for all women, but I'm sure a good majority of women are wiser than some men would give us credit regardless of their age.

Cheers-
MM
 discrete_contact
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:40:21 PM
Conversations of substance I can get with my male counterparts. It can happen with a women too...but its not the rule. Its more the excceptions case...as I saisd before.
The most women looking for relationships for longer time are those 35 and up...because at those ages is when most men ... are just flying away...no matter how....kicked in the butt or just leave.
Yes you may get sexual attention because in N. America are TONS of desparate men for sex...that's why...first. The talk comes second and they do talk because they may want the sex with you....and keep it as it is....as a sexual hook.
How many "serious" offers did you get from those younger ones? You get the younger ones because they dream they will get "something" out of it and they "simulate" the "deep talk."
The human brain is set for the "reward"...for the recompense. Women look for their stuff, men for what they think they want as recompense.
 discrete_contact
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:47:19 PM
Well younger guys tend to approach older women to....FINALY get the sex thing going..sooner. And they may do it in multitasking too....its just you don't know.
Also some of them don't know the "whole story" yet. They will find it out one day. They will be there no problem. And of course after you screwed up big time you accept younger men sex offers because they don't have the experience....hahaha....dream on. anyways....they will marry you and show up on the streets with you......aunt Isabelle.....
 discrete_contact
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:01:12 PM
When I said chances at 40 and above its about how many want to stay with you...and NOT how many approaches you for sex.....undestand that.
For some reason you still bring it up from the sexual approach perspectives of your chances but on the other hand you accept that they want sex.....which is not much for you....so you go down to nada again.
So...that's where your chances are ...how many want to stay with you and follow your rules ? That's what you need to answer yourself.
So what do you do if 10.000 approaches you for sex but none wants you for stay? Huh? Well that's where your chances are....AND one day even all those with sex approach will be gone. Gone for good, its a matter of time....either you accept it or not.

And most of the women build up they "self-esteem" on this sexual approaches....saying that..."I am told I am good looking"....which basicaly translates into..Yes I still want to f-k you. And that's it....its not that ...Hey I want to get married with you.
Its pretty much wrong self esteem...at least that's how it looks like.

And also: What is "SweetLadyLori" nick-name has built into it as a message for men?
Why is "sweet" important? For deep talks? Is anything behind it then?.oh yeah nothing right.....at least don't be hypocrite then.
 Pleasurelimits
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:28:00 PM
Boy I get sick of these amateur professionals on the forums posting information they made up as the result of some scientific study. howbigisyourlove posts that the result of diverse age unions being successful is 0.3%, and you get your information from where exactly, what study, carried out in what age range, for f**k sake would be nice if you had any idea what you were talking about, recent studies in Australia, the U.K. and the U.S.A. carried out by the University of Melbourne family centre have shown that older men and younger women relationships enjoy a satisfaction level after 3 or more years of above 70% and remain together slightly more than that whereas similar age marraiges are only 52% successful after 10 years. It shows that age differences are no where near as important as sexual compatability, financial difficulties and lack of communication older couples on either side have greater control over these issues and have a greater success rate because of it, digest that and then make your decision. I am in the older guy, not in my mind, who is with a younger woman and whereas she might get some young guy sending her a picture of a c**k and think it is seductive, being a bit wiser I can play with her mind and build that anticipation of sexual encounters that is much more fulfilling than some morons visual post to try and have the same effect.
 x Tyler Durden x
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:41:50 PM
I speak as a younger man.

The bottom line is that older women are easier than younger women. A 20 year old woman is FAR more in demand than a 40 year old. Also, take in the fact that most young women only date men older than them because they are "more mature" as they put it.

It really goes both ways. Young men are not in high demand until they are older. George Clooney in his 20's was a lot less desirable then he is now.
 discrete_contact
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:04:48 PM

I speak as a younger man.

The bottom line is that older women are easier than younger women. A 20 year old woman is FAR more in demand than a 40 year old. Also, take in the fact that most young women only date men older than them because they are "more mature" as they put it.

It really goes both ways. Young men are not in high demand until they are older. George Clooney in his 20's was a lot less desirable then he is now.

Of course. Watch the old "Fread Astaire" musicals and see how much attention a young fellow had in those movies. Close to none. Why?...Well $$$$$$$$$
How can a young guy "cover" for ..."her needs" and cover for the "never have enough attitude"? Huh, how?
Why an older women is more opened ? Well go and figure, again.
Comments of things of "not going well at home" because you express your opinion....again goes back to the fact that many women feel "so so precious" becase of their "shaved jewelry" .....and they think they control everything. Don't think so.
Truth that's what you ask for right? OK learn to take it then. Or live in denial. Your choice.
 cw35
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:14:42 PM
Yay, yet ANOTHER "older women younger men thread" so older women can fish for compliments yet again. It seems as if older women are so constantly terrified and insecure about their age that they need constant ego stroking from young guys or they need to date men that could be their kids. I don't think that age matters in a relationship if it's true, but there seems to be a lot of people doing it for very dysfunctional reasons. As far as all these cliche reasons for dating older women, there are just as many younger women who are smart, know what they want, etc. etc. There are also a LOT of older women who aren't so smart, like to play childish games and act very immature. Trust me. I'm surprised the younger women on here haven't piped up regarding the constant bashing they seem to get in these threads. Then again, maybe they actually have enough confidence that they aren't worried about what everyone in here thinks.
 supernovastunnah
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:29:12 PM
some younger men want to have sex with anyone.
 cw35
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:29:31 PM
sweet: You aren't fishing for compliments yet you needed to point out that you get lots of them. Interesting. I don't see what anger has to do with pointing out what I've observed or experienced. I didn't say older women were horrible or better than anybody else. It's the younger women that should be angry with some of the ridiculous sterotyping that goes on in these threads when they pop up every 5 minutes. I guess when I hit on a bit of truth the claws will obviously come out at some point.
 JustMary65
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:38:15 PM
4girls and me-

Rejection generally brings out the worst in all of us-myself included. Honestly, I really believe that most folks want to have sex with people who appeal to them-but it's hard for some people to digest that younger men could handle a serious relationship with an older woman so therefore they ONLY want sex ( some do, but not all). I mean older men date younger women and most generally engage in sex-would make sense if both partners appeal to each other. Societal norms play a heavier role in how some people react to such 'hot' topics.

Everyone can have an opinion that rationalizes or demonizes sex-but it's a choice two people make. I certainly don't expect anyone to agree with anything I do-it's my choice and I happily respect those who think an older woman such as myself shouldn't date, much less have sex, with a man younger than me. The other thing I find comical is the notion that older woman seek younger sexual partners to stroke our ego's. I'm sorry but most people I know don't mind having their ego's stroked-it's a good morale booster.
 discrete_contact
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:20:32 PM

Discrete, do you hate women? I for one never consider myself as precious. I am just a regular woman and that's all. I can not help it if some men who contact me are younger. Heck, I get emails from men of all ages, so can you stop ranting so much. Let me reiterate; I started this thread simply to try and understand what the attraction is for a younger man towards an older woman...it appears you are simply spewing off a bunch of mean comments and I am so trying to be lady like here. You even attacked what I have as my user name...did you happen to read what I wrote about where it came from? Seriously discrete, can you try to be a little nicer? I kind of agree with a previous poster in regards to it appears you are the one seeking attention. I think you need a hug

Nope I just hate BS....and "tricky BS" and those who "play with the system" no matter if they are men or women and no matter where (insulting others intelligence wherever they can...in misleading reality...reality and not the faked perception of it as much as possible). ..I mean lots of those who think they have "2 pairs of testi..ls" (men and women as well)....I am all good with the rest.
I don't seek any attention.....but I guess its more of an interpretation of how you may see the world because if you would say what I said then for you would translate to "attention seeking"....which is not at all true for me. I am different. Please don't give me attention. Please don't write to me I don't need it. I am here exclusively for the forum.
What does it mean to be nice ? Should I lie and tell lies or make up stuff to be perceived and "nice" ? What for? If not, would you want to put pressure on me to tell stupid stuff just to look like nice?....that''s how I should understand it? (its a question)
In everyday life people make lots of BS to "appear" as nice...otherwise there are people who want to put you down (at all possible levels) if you speak up because its not favourable for them. Its like lets keep the BS as much as it works, then its all good...right?
You are free to accept what you want....but read and listen a bit because there are signs out there from others too...event though lots of people shut up and keep it low and quiet...and there is a lot of misleading info in that. Please no offence.
 JustMary65
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/8/2008 5:33:42 AM

Because when they go out to dinner, he can buy her meal at a discounted senior citizen rate.

LMFFAO!!!! Most guys think a hot dinner is a trip to Mc Donald's via the drive through window-----omg, I think I just cracked a rib laughing!! It's nice to see some folks have a GOOD sense of humor!!

Happy Meals are cheap and the younger man gets to keep the toy...LOL!!

Thanks for making my day!!!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:16:02 AM

Posted By: 4girls and me on 9/7/2008 913 PM

Message: Speaking as a MUCH older woman, this question has been in my mind for months.
It astounds me that men younger than my children and even some of my grandchildren will message me "offering" sex, I think expecting that I will be grateful.
My next surprise is the indignation my refusals generate. They seem to think they're offering something the likes of which I could not possibly ever have experienced before and I'm turning it down out of ignorance and ingratitude.

Imagine that. Someone from the opposite sex treating you like they are doing you a favor by giving you thier attention. Welcome to the world of the male perspective on dating and relationships.
 enjoytoday
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:33:14 AM
Its the experience of the woman have. She knows what to do and what not to do. Many younger women have no clue

To me its the experience but mostly important is intellect...plus more experienced women seem to be more open to dressing sexy I think
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?