Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > ABC's Charles Gibson lands First interview with Sarah Palin      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 3
ABC's Charles Gibson lands First interview with Sarah PalinPage 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Sarah Palin is damn if she does, damn if she doesn't.

When she does interviews, etc. people will say...she will get easy questions.
If she does no interviews, she's accused of running from them.

Watch and see.

IMHO, she'll do great at whatever is thrown her way by whoever.
 geeleebee
Msg: 4
ABC's Charles Gibson lands First interview with Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:54:09 PM
Charles Gibson isn't known for a hard-hitting style, so Palin's handlers were smart to tap him for the interview.
I do think that she needs to explain why we should vote for her--not by comparing herself to Obama or Biden, but all on her own merits.
I'm tired of her one-liners--I'd like some meat with the dessert.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:11:05 PM
Definately. Even if Charlie Gibson "goes soft" anything more than a one liner would be a big improvement.

All the little picky things don't need to be brought up, and the ethical procedings are pending, but I sure, sure, sure hope that she responds to these stories that she ran Wasilla into the ground (this land taking/gymnasium story) and the issue of taking these earmarks or not taking them, because there seems to be a case that both happened. Those are key for now. All the other mess I think can wait.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:17:47 PM
Get the facts on the 'earmarks'. They were already in progress. Palin managed to bring it under control. She did not initiate the ones the Democrats are crying about. All documents are being poured over right now and have been since the announcement. They can't find anything out of line at all thus far. What the Media is putting out there are bits and pieces.

A lot of the meat came out over the weekend and it is to Palin's benefit.

As for the land taking... might want to go read up on that too. Palin saved the day on that one.

All it takes is research to know the truth. But, one will see what they want to. Middle America will go with the truth... not the 'spin'. Thank goodness!!
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:20:42 PM

As for the land taking... might want to go read up on that too. Palin saved the day on that one.

I have read sooooo much on all direction of blogs, and have not seen any claim that Palin "saved the day" on that.

Article please?
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/8/2008 5:46:52 PM
Do you think Sarah Palin has control over the media? Sorry, wrong. It's the GOP machine that is in the driver's seat, and lucky for Sarah. I don't think she's nearly savvy enough to do all of this controlling.

We shall see what Charlie gives her and what she gives us back. Hopefully it's not more b.s. stump speech....cause that's the only thing we've heard from her so far. And what's wrong with questioning these politicians? This like a job interview on a huge scale, only the people they are working for can only get their questions answered through you guessed it....interviews.

People have been saying since March.....Obama this and Obama that....but what does he meannnnnn???

So now when it's time for us to ask what Sarah's all about...suddenly the media is a wolf pack? The GOP sure did their job sabotaging your brain at the convention. I mean come on. The first words out of her mouth after introducing her neat and tidy family was--liberal media boo--good lord and people are saying I'm drinking kool-aid.
 junipermoon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:10:26 PM
abc will go easy on her. no doubt.

i do look forward to knowing the results of all the investigations.

and maybe someday she'll have to answer some tough questions.

we know she's capable of attempting to harm those who disagree with her. let's see how that plays out in the real world.
 SueCat51
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:12:32 PM
The interview will not be earth shattering. It will be the same status quo - no confession out of Sara Palin (nothing that we already don't know). She'll be groomed. After all, isn't the business of politics about who grooms the best?
 Raveninns
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:20:12 PM

This like a job interview on a huge scale, only the people they are working for can only get their questions answered through you guessed it....interviews.

I agree. If she's so capable, then why hasn't she answered any questions by reporters? And must the questions be only questions she wants to respond to?

I find this very alarming that a potential president is not capable of just putting it on the line and answering from the hip. It sure makes me doubt her capabilities; and at the very least, it makes me think she has something to hide.

I'd love to see Stephen Colbert interview her. Now that would be interesting.

Cheers, Raven
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:01:12 PM

Middle America will go with the truth... not the 'spin'.

You mean the middle America that gave us 8 painful years of George Bush? That middle America? If that's the criteria, middle America should be ashamed of itself. Middle America should get down on their collective knees and beg forgiveness. Do you think they'll repeat that mistake? God help us.

Thats just being plain smart and few politicians do it.

No, that's being a plain coward. Obama went into the lion's den when interviewed by O'Reilly. Do you think Palin will be interviewed by someone like Bill Maher any time soon? In your lifetime? LMAO. Good luck pal. Good luck. These people are so koolaid driven it's unreal.

I will bet this period of silence is more of Palin's doing then anyone telling or suggesting to her what to do.

And I will bet she's crapping her jeans at having to actually say something and defend herself with no script. If Gibson tosses her nothing but softballs, she will not have accomplished her mission in anyone's eyes but the rabid. You can fool some of the people some of the time, yada yada yada.

I agree. If she's so capable, then why hasn't she answered any questions by reporters?

Because she hasn't yet memorized the answers the handlers have given her. I'll bet she's been studying 24/7 for this moment. I can't wait.

I'd love to see Stephen Colbert interview her. Now that would be interesting.

Personally, I'd prefer Jon Stewart. Like that's ever going to happen.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:10:29 PM
I think it's great Sarah Palin will now be doing interviews, etc. She took the appropriate amount of time from the announcement...with the RNC following right on it's heels..then, her son's soon departure for Iraq... to sift through all the 'interview' offers and get them scheduled...still doing across Country campaigning, etc.

I also believe she will do just fine in the upcoming interviews, questioning on the spot, etc. and, the Liberals are clamoring for her to be 'vetted' by the press, etc... fine. I have a feeling Palin is looking forward to it and that the more she is vetted, the more press she gets and the better for McCain/Palin ticket to take the WH in Nov.
 junipermoon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:18:38 PM

Personally, I'd prefer Jon Stewart. Like that's ever going to happen.

no way would she ever have the cujones to sit on the other side of the microphone from him!

but he sure can have fun with her ~ she set herself up for that one!
 geeleebee
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:43:09 PM
Yikes.

Palin doesn't want to 'spar' with the media over issues that she feels are not relevent??? Isn't that one of the duties of the press--to seek information about issues, regardless of whether or not the candidate wants to 'spar' (or, as I like to say, 'tell the truth') about?

Presidential candidates better darn well answer the questions 'tossed' at them--it is their job--this isn't a game, and if, as you assert, Palin is playing a game, then shame on her, and NO way should she be given the honor of representing this country by being elected vice president.
 geeleebee
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:19:26 PM
Your post is proof you are as brain washed as others by what the media wants it gets or else attitude.....

Presidential candidates better darn well answer the questions 'tossed' at them--it is their job--
Unbeknown to many like yourself geeleebee, it is a politician's job to answer relevent questions dealing with their politics and not about family issues. Any question that will be asked of Palin you can bet will only deal with her politics and not her family life. If she does answer personal questions not dealing with her possible role as a VP it will be because she has allowed it to be asked.
I also said the media plays a game when it comes to asking questions of politicians and I said Palin has never played that game in Alaska with Alaska media and I doubt she will begin to do it now. Like most male and female politicians in the past put through this, she will deal with questions dealing with her politics and policies but not dealing with her family and personal life as the media and people like you would want her to elaborate upon.

Brainwashed? Really? Have to check that out...

Dude, I told YOU that it is the candidate's JOB to answer relevent questions. I didn't bring up family issues, YOU did. Up ^^^there.
And, go back and re-read what YOU said about Palin playing a game--that wasn't MY accussation. Didn't occur to me that she might be playing a game, until YOU brought it up.

Palin won't play their game. She is making them play hers...

AND, you don't have a clue about 'people like' me. You have NO idea what I'd like her to 'elaborate' on.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:28:26 PM
I don't think we'll have to wait for the interview on ABC for some things to get going...really going.

Tonight on Keith Oberman's show, he absolutely burns Sarah Palin at the stake. I was like... huh???? NBC allowed that... after demoting him and Chris Matthews for being so obviously politically biased to the point that Viewers are leaving the Network in droves.

Wow! Was Oberman taking a parting shot at Palin as his goodbye kiss to his career or what. I mean.. I'm all for letting her have it on her Political views...but, what he did was absolutely career suicide for himself. He really looked like a kid on a playground, who was standing there crying.. and hurling insults out of frustration (in this case .... that McCain/Palin went ahead in the polls).

I truly was amazed at what I was watching. I've never ever witnessed something this outright biased for the length of the show. I was changing channels...and every time I would pause at MSNBC to see what might be going on... the same rant was in progress. All through his show.

Does he and Chris M, Rachel M, etc. not realize that they are adding fuel to the McCain/Palin momentum?

On FOX, Greta was showing a bio of Sarah Palin and it had sessions/videos taken while Hillary Clinton was still in the primaries where Sarah was very excited that a woman was in the running for President and the respect Palin had was obvious. Wonder of H. Clinton had already seen clips of this and that's the reason when Hillary was prodded by Obama Camp to go after Palin in a negative way while stumping for Obama, Clinton, in her own words, refused.
 geeleebee
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:33:05 PM
I watched Olbermann tonight--didn't see anything like what you described. Palin should be taken to task for some of the things she's said that aren't true, and that's his job.

Nope; I didn't see Olbermann crying or hurling insults.

I did see film of Palin talking about selling the jet on eBay...and there was a little something about the bridge to...nowhere...

But, no Keith Olberman having a rage-on.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:35:35 PM
Go read the transcripts of the show when it goes online. I know what I saw. It was a disgrace for a News Outlet Member. Horrible.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:49:22 PM
Palin was the "unknown" most popular governor in the country. Her rise to power was not in a vacuum like Obama but fighting corruption and waste mostly in her own party. Its hard to see what questions could be asked to "get her" like so many posters here seem to want. She has handled controversy before.
The reality is that as president of the senate, she would preside over a political body controlled by Democrats yet having an approval rating half that of Bush. By some polls, congressional approval is 9% to Bush's 29%. Obama, Biden, and McCain are all senators. The majority of Americans feel the press is out to get Palin. Many in this thread certainly seem to be.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:51:30 PM
Purple you still won't respond to the fact that Palin is a liar will you. You just can't admit it.

The majority of Americans feel the press is out to get Palin.

Really? Since when do you speak for the majority of Americans? The only thing the press is out to get is ANSWERS.

*Address the TOPIC Not the poster. Giving me cause to remind you repeatedly will be hazardous to your posting privileges.*TheMadFiddler - PoF Forum Moderator
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:57:33 PM
MSNBC has just moved closer to a more journalistic center this weekend whenChris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were kicked off anchoring Election Night programming because of comments and on-air feuding between the anchors.

Matthews and Olbermann will still be analysts on MSNBC, but the duty of election night programming will go to David Gregory. David Gregory will anchor the four presidential debates and Election Night coming up in months ahead.

MSNBC was not happy with Matthews and Olbermann when they were mixing news with opinion when covering the Republican National Convention. President Phil Griffin decided that it was too restraining for the anchors and they would be better off not on the news cast

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212170532.shtml

You got to do something pretty bad for that to happen on a left-wing network. I didn't think anyone even watched MSNBC anymore to notice what they were doing. I guess some people must have watched.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:58:01 PM

Purple you still won't respond to the fact that Palin is a liar will you. You just can't admit it.

I've done my best to overlook all the 'baiting chatting' on threads towards me. There should be a stopping point sometime.

If you think Palin is a liar, fine... I'm not here to do an in-depth of everything she has ever said and done. The Media is doing a real thorough job of vetting her. I, personally, do believe she has lied...but, rather that many things, as usual, by the Media, are being taken out of context.

If you want my opinion on specifics, then, use quotes from my posts...do not call me by name ... it's against the forum rules... You can (and I welcome) for my words to be quoted and then discussed or asked a question based on what I write. Be specific. Do not expect me to do endless copy/pastes because I will not. Like it or leave it. But, please.. no more personal chatting with me on forums. Thanks.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:01:27 PM
Then you won't deny she's a liar. That's pretty rich. (Hint, hint. It has to do with a plane...uh, and eBay...of course that's only one of them.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:02:49 PM

You got to do something pretty bad for that to happen on a left-wing network.

That's right. You have to incur the wrath of the right wing. They can't have people talking truth on TV can they. They're the ones who did that hatchet job.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:08:24 PM
Palin put the plane on Ebay... 3 times and it didn't sell. So, it had to be sold off Ebay. Palin said she put the plane on Ebay. She did. Check it out.

The Bridge. Sarah Palin said she stopped it. She did. She never said she was not for the original idea behind the bridge... she was. But, once it got to the pork barreling, she fought against it. The simplicity of the 'bridge' as it began... went to Washington and there it gained the pork... which ahhh... her Opponents in this race... backed along with Others... but, Palin reared against it at that point. And, Palin won. Check it out.

Do your google homework. I did.

I answered this and that's as far as it goes with me.. I do not wish to be banned. Pull exact quotes or else receive silence from me when my name is called or it is obvious I am being addressed without being quoted. Thanks in advance.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/8/2008 9:12:37 PM
Excuse me. She said at the convention speech that she SOLD it on eBay for a profit when in fact she SOLD it to a contributor at a LOSS? McCain even reapated it. Want citations? Want the actual TEXT from their speeches? She was FOR the bridge for a long time before she realized people were outraged and then, and ONLY then, did she back off. You can spin your brains out but it doesn't alter the facts.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > ABC's Charles Gibson lands First interview with Sarah Palin