Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How a black male can approach white women... help      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jake52177
Msg: 5
view profile
History
How a black male can approach white women... helpPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I'm just going to reach into my pocket and pull out my credit report, criminal history and latest drug test results.

This could be for anybody nowadays.
 CherylCake
Msg: 6
How a black male can approach white women... help
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:58:16 AM
I always say slow & steady wins the race(card). I don't care if you're black, brown, green, blue, or purple. Perserverence. There's no Ebonix for that.
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:10:41 AM
I am not a woman, but I distinctly remember hearing a bunch of girls going on about how somebody called them "females". Just a heads up on that one.
 Flowerrss
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:30:41 AM
Yes, find the White Woman that U find attractive and approach her with the same confidence and charm you usually do with the Black Woman that U find attaractive. U will be most effective that way. The 2nd time & 3 rd time will get easier.

Another technique that works for numerous up tight situations:
I found myself in my first sales job, behind a big desk,28 & 2 kids, & supposed to give the convincing explanation that converted potential leads to clients. They were often older and stern & so was I which would have made it a waste of time inhibiting all said.
My solution: I looked at the picture of my secret goal & I walked toward him SMILING & as we began to talk I didnt see the face of a stranger, I REPLACED IT with the face of a my dear best friend and proceeded at ease and friendly which transfers to the other party who is LISTENING.

My previous years of shyness melted away while I did my job.

If the girl & you click, great!! If not, don't blame it on either of your race. There are way more guys get turned down for many reasons. Don't take it personal. Don't dwell on it. Neeext! Move on to the next one. If you do dwell on it, it wrecks the next one.
Have Fun!!
 CherylCake
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/8/2008 1:33:36 PM
So you prefer mixed singles?
 Invictus01
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/8/2008 1:34:19 PM
I pledge to stay at least as far away from this one as I did from the "gawd the hook up master" thread. I can see 30 pages of racist crap being thrown from each side of the fence.

Enjoy the circus!
 betterlate
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 2:26:17 PM
nebula, he explains why he wants to date white women in his original question, and how rude of you to say pull out a wad of money, as if all white women are wh*res, your comments and poorly disguised rascism makes me gag.

You seem to ask twice, you can read cant you?
 Soul Union
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/8/2008 3:41:52 PM
Keyword...DON'T. I know I'll catch a lot of flack. But I don't believe in mixed couples. - NVictor

Thanks, NVictor. I don't believe either, and God has made it clear in the Bible, in race mixing. It sends shivers down my spine, the very thought of it.

This is why the Caucasian race are fading away with each generational wash. It's all part of an agenda, to make race mixing seem cool - the 'thing to do' - and if you get any flak from anyone (don't worry, we invented a word for those people) then that person must be a - racist. (Only the Caucasian race can be labelled racist.)

God was a racist, didn't you know? Remember in the New Testament, where he said to Pharaoh through Moses: "Tell him to let my people go." [Exodus 8:1]

Notice how He didn't say 'those' people - or 'them'? No, he was specific. He said my people. Ergo, the Egyptians were not His people. God was segregating people even back then. I could give you plenty biblical examples of this.

The Bible is clear about race mixing, but who cares - these days - when we all know better and are so smart with our constellations of crappy gadgets and our ever so cool talk? Who cares about something so sacred as their racial ancestry and keeping it pure?

I do, and I won't mix my genetic lineage for anyone.

Good luck to you all.

- Peter
 Closing Shop
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/8/2008 3:59:56 PM
Soul Union wrote:
I won't mix my genetic lineage, not for anyone.

I'm pretty sure any woman who would agree to your sperm is heavily sedated and otherwise occupied on some cult compound.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/8/2008 5:23:04 PM

Also... is there anyway to get some sort of email notification for forum posts?

Nope...only thing you can do, is log in and click on "My forums."

Bye now...I am avoiding ugly people and Banned Camp, as well! :O)
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:07:21 PM
Are "nice looks" and "nice shapes" the most important things to you?

Your post bothers me, but not because you are a black male wanting to date white females; it is your insistence on "preferably younger," emphasizing looks over substance, and that you appear to see women as "things" rather than people.

This fat, ugly, old white woman certainly doesn't have any advice on how to catch good-looking, young white women.

Oh, and
I'm just never really dated one and I'd like to try.

Are white women a goal to be reached? Mt. Everest to be climbed? You don't seem to care about the women as people, just the color and age.
 Rythmn
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:15:58 PM
from a mom within a multi ethnic /racial family:

sounds like you have led a segregated life. why don't you get to know various men and women from the ethnic groups you are not familiar with? there are many places to meet a variety of people: colleges, political campaigns, charity groups, meetups, etc.

this whole stigma/enigma betweeen the sexes and races just mind boogles me. but, i see on pof, that it still exists. so, be a human and get to know other humans. "interview" both african american and other ethnic groups including the full range of caucasians which cut across many different cultures and compare what your experiences are from being raised, to foods, to values, to school, et al and see what is common and what is different. in fact, even interview people who were born and raised in africa and different religious sectors.

once you get to "know" people, you won' t have to ask this question. i'll give you a hint though, that there will be many commonalties across the groups and one of the biggest is that all groups have their racists. just weed all those people out of your life and you will be fine. the rest will follow. and you will be a whole lot more knowledgeable.

i am almost 60. there were never racial restrictions in my family and each of my kids have selected differently. however, being jewish, there were many in my neighborhood who were not allowed to date me. well, i got over it. funny, most of them left home and dated/married jews and african amercians and mexicans. a group of them once knocked on my mom's door and thanked her for introducing the neighbrhood to other people and apologized for their parents' behavior. many, once, children were born, got over it and got educated themselves. but again, there are always the few who will loose out.....
 Javan2
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:30:00 PM
Soul Union says; " Thanks, NVictor. I don't believe either, and God has made it clear in the Bible, in race mixing. It sends shivers down my spine, the very thought of it. "

Soul Union never read Numbers 12 in the Bible. You know where Moses Married a Blackwoman. We all know that Moses looked like Charlton Heston.
 Javan2
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:53:11 PM
JulieC29 says; " I didn't know because I am white there are special instructions or some kind of checklist to go through before asking me out."

This is funny because I remember when I was 14 years old. My next door neighbor who was a white young lady (lady1) had her girl cousin (named Gloria) visit her every once in awhile. One day my neighbor (lady1) asked me; " Would you like to go out with Gloria " ? To me; for some reason, " This question felt like an accusation ". I tried to ignore the question because, I couldn't figure out why my neighbor wanted to put her cousin on the spot like that and because the question felt to me like an accusation, I just tried to ignore it. My neighbor kept pressing me for an answer and continued to ask the question, I continued to ignore it. Finally, she commanded my attention by raising her voice and looking me squarely in the eye and asked me again demanding an answer right then and there. I don't think that she had a clue that to me, the question felt accusatory. Being quick to try to display my innocence, I answered; " No ". Gloria quickly looked at me and said, " You racist son of a **** ". Huh?; I thought I was trying to keep (lady1) from putting Gloria on the spot, but it was Gloria who put my neighbor (lady1) up to asking me. I would never ask a whitewomen out because I would never assume that a whitewoman would ever be interested. Plus; mostly I was raised to try not to be a bother to women. Yet, I still meet and date my fair share.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/8/2008 6:58:26 PM
Although I still don't like that the OP is seeking women seemingly as trophies, this post is utterly ridiculous:

God was a racist, didn't you know? Remember in the New Testament, where he said to Pharaoh through Moses: "Tell him to let my people go." [Exodus 8:1]

Check your Hebrew Scriptures--Yahweh's "people" were the Jews. Unless you are Jewish, this verse doesn't apply to you. Blue eyed, blond haired, light skinned Caucasians do not qualify. In fact, the whole of the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures was written by Jews for Jews; Caucasians claimed it as their own much, much later. Yahweh wasn't saying this in order to demonstrate that races shouldn't mix, but that the Hebrews were special in his eyes.

The bible is NOT clear about not race mixing. Although I disagree with the person who said Moses' wife was black, there is a very explicit verse from the "Song of Solomon" which makes it clear that there was race mixing; Solomon's lover/wife says, "I am black, but comely,"1:5.

Of course, and of this holy doublespeak is only important and applicable to those who buy into either traditional or pseudo Christianity. As a pagan, it doesn't mean anything to me.

I won't mix my genetic lineage, not for anyone.

Then don't: no one will force you to do so.
 hamtaro
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:11:18 PM
Im gonna stick up for the OP here, moreso than most of you guys anyway. If you've had the benefit of growing up in a cosmopolitan city and the PC crowd more power to you, but otherwise what he's really asking is how he can get a white woman to look at him without looking at his racial history, status, class etc. In other words, just for him. Many do, as this thread has shown but not everyone and that spectre still lingers. He wants to be able to fit into her life and be liked by her friends, family etc. This is common to all interracial dating but probably especially harsh to black guys.

Personally I have met MANY white girls who prefer black guys above all else, hell if I were to be reincarnated I wouldn't mind being black either, its hard to be as smooth or cool being an asian guy ;) Just like I think asians get a racial IQ bump lol, black guys get the +cool and +well hung bonuses lol.
 scroth01
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/8/2008 8:21:23 PM
Back to the original question.....Just approach them like you would anybody else. Dont have that preconcieved notion that you're going to get shut down.
Sure you're going to run into a handful of IGNORANT ppl. But thats life.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/9/2008 11:38:07 AM
Wow. Wouldn't it be wonderful if every person in the world was color blind?
 evrybdy
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2008 5:45:44 PM
I think it's all about being a real person, whatever the color. Overt flirting when you don't know the person yet can make a lot of people more aloof. It's more about having a nice conversation and catching body language too and it all depends on where you are at - at the bus stop versus the club. LOL I enjoy meeting new people so I never really thought it would be hard to approach me, but if someone comes on too strong, no matter the color, weight, looks, etc., I know I back off and don't really talk that much, so that might help! =)

M
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/10/2008 11:10:26 AM

And because I am proud and love who I am and respect my roots, I choose to continue my linage and hence date within my race - but that is my choice and everyone has the right to chose how to live.

It is my chooice and right to say you are an idiot. :)
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/12/2008 12:05:10 AM

alexy twirlatica, Duly noted and let me tell you that you are a moron

Comeing from you, I thank you. :)
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/12/2008 8:27:22 PM
South Africa has one of highest AIDS rate in the world. Everybody should stay away from me, I guess.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 5:28:49 AM
Hey, the dude didn't say he DIDN'T want to date black women - he said he HAD. But sometimes the woman you see and like happens to be white, and in our friend's case he has a hangup that makes it hard for him.

Just because he asked how to get over his fear of approaching a white woman doesn't mean that he wants anyone, as long as they're white!
ED BEAR
 Javan2
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/13/2008 6:03:08 PM
complete pass said; " Good question, now that you mention that, tell me how can a white man approach a black woman. I've seen quite a few white guys with black women and wonder how they got them. "

I had a feeling this was true. Seek out members of the Baha`i Faith and meet at a fireside and get yourself a sister.
 AboveOmnipotence
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/24/2008 7:12:48 PM
LOL intrigueme66, you're only 22, you haven't fully grown yet. When you hit 30, then you'll realize that black men are better and we'll be all you want.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How a black male can approach white women... help