Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > What Will the Future First Lady Do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 1
What Will the Future First Lady Do?Page 1 of 1    
Every first lady has their pet issue that they work on. For Nancy Reagan it was 'just say no', for Hillary it was healthcare, and for Laura Bush it was literacy.

Does anyone know what Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain plan on working for if their husband wins, and what do you think they should pick as their pet project?
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 2
What Will the Future First Lady Do?
Posted: 9/9/2008 3:47:46 PM
I don't really care. The whole idea of "First Lady" is outdated. I think the next First Lady should just continue doing what she did in the past, whether that's running a beer distributorship and going on charitable missions, like Cindy McCain, or working as the VP of external affairs for a Chicago hospital like Michelle Obama.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/9/2008 4:02:06 PM
Now I disagree. I think Hillary took 'first lady' to new heights, and I am hoping to see Michelle Obama do the same thing. These women are not just arm candy for their husbands, they are probably strong smart women. Why not use the voice they have and the position they have to do some good?
 o4
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/9/2008 4:39:42 PM

Bring beer.

[And frankly anything else she wants to too! :-) lol]
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/9/2008 4:54:01 PM
Being First Lady is indentured servitude. If the country really thinks this is a job, then pay the woman (or some day the man). Otherwise they should stay with their careers.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/9/2008 5:06:30 PM
I guess that would be the difference between the glass is half empty and the glass is half full attitudes.

Personally, I think it's a wonderful opportunity to try to better the lives of others. It's not like you didn't know your husband was going to try to get this job, you would have had plenty of time to work on your employment relations and I'm sure when she is done with her indentured servitude anyone, most especially her former employer, would love to have her.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > What Will the Future First Lady Do?