Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What ar ethe chances of her catching something???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What ar ethe chances of her catching something???Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
hmm... I'm usually a stickler on full information and disclosure... but in this case... any chance of just playing on generalized fears (like how rampant diseases are in Africa, or less than sanitary conditions) and strongly suggesting that he get fully checked out and tested for everything before they resume together? That way it isn't directly saying you think there is a good chance he might have played around.
 supernovastunnah
Msg: 9
What are the chances of her catching something???
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:10:47 PM
i think your concerns are valid and she needs to learn the hard way...hopefully not the really hard way.
 ~rain~
Msg: 17
view profile
History
What ar ethe chances of her catching something???
Posted: 2/12/2009 11:27:26 AM
YEAH!!!

what he said!!^^^^^
 packagedealx3
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 11:44:17 AM

first are you sure you want to tell her this to protect her, or deep down some where in you you want her for your self and your trying to steer her away from him?

I would ordinarily agree with his but if he has sex outside the relationship here the chances that he is doing it there where many people are not appropriately educated about HIV/AIDS and how it spreads, is beyond huge. He would as iceman noted, be an ass for not telling her even if on some level he just doesn't like this guy. I would also not be concerned that she would take it out on the messenger. If my friend was not only engaging in risky sex but highly risky sex while trusting someone to not be getting ny on the side and I knew he was doing that, consequences wouldn't matter.

Did the dude ever come back?
 chameleonf
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/12/2009 3:19:40 PM
If a person doesn't tell, when they have absolute proof of someone's SO sleeping around, particularly in a case like this, you can likely count yourself as contributing to the spread of HIV. I'd think the OP would not only owe it to his female friend but to the rest of society as well.
 c_deacon
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 3:21:30 PM
Actually, I think the most recent statistics say that closer to 70% of married men will have an affair, or cheat in some form over the course of their life, but the statistics for women are not much better at 60+%......go figure......

I am not sure that you are correct with that statement that all these women tell their partner about all their indiscretions, but either way, everyone should be getting tested often enough to know the difference.

It should be obvious that if one is out of the country, and visiting places that could have detrimental effects on themselves or their significant other, when they return, that they should take all precautions before, during, and after the trip.

This is how I would broach the subject with your friends and talk about things like hepatitis, HIV, and other blood diseases that could cause much harm to either of them through transferal.

The easiest way to get to the bottom line is through blood testing, and/or giving of your blood to a blood donor activity, and if they will not accept your blood for any reason, then that should tell you that using a condom or having more testing is mandatory until you know, one way or the other.

Just my opinion.......
 19justice78
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 4:02:18 PM
Its against the law (in Ga)to have sex and not notify your party you have HIV. Call the cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its my experience if you perform after been warned you deserve what you get. Education is important. GET IT!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What ar ethe chances of her catching something???