Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Paying to watch Internationals      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Talk4England
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Paying to watch InternationalsPage 1 of 1    
Totally fair.

Whether you like it or not football is a business including the international level and this means the product is sold to the highest bidder. Though quality of distributed product (and I don't mean the players) should be of interest to the licenser as well. Only makes sense for brand development etc

Emotive as it is just because it is deemed your national team does not give you the explicit right to have this for free in the same way you cannot travel British Airways for free.

Even if it is on "non-pay" eventually we all pay if not direct either through increased costs of products (advertising revenue that pays commercial stations has to be recouped) or loss of other quality broadcast hours (in case of BBC).

If you want to be entertained, pay up or go down the pub (extra pence on pints) or choose an alternative form of amusement. Or hope for highlights on some alternative supplier which will cost you and ME a little less.
 Talk4England
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Paying to watch Internationals
Posted: 9/11/2008 2:19:43 PM
Pay for it if you want it. Perhaps all don't want to pay for it.
Tightfist - what else do you want for free?
If I want it , I go to pub and pay for it that way.
What about other sports that are not so broadcast without payment such as boxing, cricket etc
Fans of these or otherhome nations need to pay for what they wish to view.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Paying to watch Internationals
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:59:33 AM
not into big football, but plenty of tv rips on the net, not exactly live, but then if you want to watch it live, find some pub or pay for the tv....

doing so guarantees that it stays off terrestrial tv
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Paying to watch Internationals