Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Artists thread!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 airplane_geek
Msg: 5
Artists thread!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Steve Hanks. I wanna live where he paints.

BTW- Tiffi - Nice photos.
 jennifer j
Msg: 11
Artists thread!
Posted: 6/21/2005 5:18:45 AM
I love waterhouse of course and anyone who can paint draw or express themselves have a gallery in my hall way
 aluna mevida
Msg: 14
Artists thread!
Posted: 6/23/2005 1:04:51 PM
Im into art lol, im headed to gvsu to get my masters in fine arts. I do alot of african themed pieces. Currently i am working for the memory project,..u can check it out at memory-project.org if ya want. I love to paint, mostly acrylic, im to inpatient for oil. Love sculpture any medium, portraits, absract all the way to realism. My forte is definitely pen and ink. Some of my favorite artists are tate nation, salvadore dali, edward munch, and m c esher. has anyone tried out that new model clay?...basically u apply it to canvas..it makes some awesome textures. I love to hang at art galleries. One day i want to open my own for all ages and all types and styles of art. I plan to travel abroad to africa as well.....lol i know im obssessed with africa lol.... hahah i have a guitar but id guess you say music is not my talent....but i still try...i just wrote a song,,,but im having trouble getting chords and music to it...

princess
 Active Imagination
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Artists thread!
Posted: 12/17/2005 7:54:06 AM
[qoute]The metal heads have a thread, why not the artists?

Amen. We might not be the largest or loudest group, but we've definitely got a lot to say. We need our own forum.

If anyone's interested, my work can be viewed at www.marksartstudio.com. The site is currently being revamped, so I apologized if it seems a little sloppy to maneauvre(sp?) right now.

If any artists in the Toronto area feel like collaborating on anything, I'm always up for an interesting challenge.
 Polly_G
Msg: 18
Artists thread!
Posted: 12/17/2005 8:55:12 AM
Tool are artists in far more than just a musical sense. I love their music and their videos are amazing. Maynard is a god!

I sketch, paint, and am also into photography. I mostly work in oils but if I was rich I would love to work in watercolors. Sketching is probably what I'm best at and have been doing it since I could pick up a pencil.

I've managed to sell a few works but for the most part I do it for my own enjoyment. I find I use my art skills to barter with people a lot. Like a hairdresser will give me a free haircut in exchange for sketched portrait of her grandkids.

I prefer sketching people but not "pretty people". I love the flaws in the human face. I also love painting abstract as well. My favorite artist would have to be Da Vinci.

I actually get a HUGE amount of enjoyment sharing art with people. On the occassion when I can just give away a piece to someone who truly loves that piece it makes me feel great inside.

However, I don't do that as much anymore. I just found I was having a lot of people coming around looking for freebies.

The portfolio is still in the works but should be done soon. It mostly has my photographs though.

I only recently began thinking of myself as an artist. My work is so different than that of my family members who have some of their stuff in galleries I didn't really think of my stuff as sellable. I'm just realizing I just have a different style than they do, one that's not as commercially appealing.

I haven't met anyone I collaborate really well with on art to date. Everything I do is very personal to me and find it difficult incorporating someone else's vision into my work.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Artists thread!