Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Will Obama Take Biden Off The Dem Ticket?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 1
Will Obama Take Biden Off The Dem Ticket?Page 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
We didn't have a Biden thread so I'm going to attempt to start one...if it doesn't get voted off that is.

The other day Joe Biden, during a stump speech, said that Hillary Clinton might have been a better choice for VP. Yes, he said it to the audience. I'm sure it can be 'googled' or 'youtubed'.

If Obama does not pick up in the Polls, I believe Joe Biden will all of a sudden have a family or self emergency which will require him to step down as VP and then Obama will add Hillary Clinton.

Main point for discussion. Would this be a good move ... in this timeframe... for Obama? I think it's too late in the race...that he should have picked her at the get go. And, is it a real possiblity that the Democrats will set it up for Biden to step down and save face?
Click any of the Links below to access these Forum Categories:

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Related Links:Changes to Forums
Links Removed

For the Time being, there is ZERO Tolerance for Trolls posting Flamebait,
Insults, or peddling Agendas. Automatic 28 Day minimum Vacation Package.
    Don't post here if you can't keep your "Cool"

Report offensive Posts as usual in the Forum Rule Violations Report Thread
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Will Obama Take Biden Off The Dem Ticket?
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:54:24 PM
I'll bet Palin goes, before Biden.....
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:01:26 PM
Now, that's a bet I'll take. My money is on that Biden will make some announcement and the October surprise (which happens in Presidential Elections) will be Hillary Clinton added to the Democratic ticket in an attempt to deflate the Palin momentum.

Sooo, it will be din din in either the US or in Canada huh. We need to, at least, throw in a good bottle of wine to make the trip worth it for the loser.
 MtLoopHiker
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:04:29 PM
Biden leave the ticket? Not a chance. He's too busy rubbing his hands together in mad unholy glee at the prospect in the upcoming debate of pointing out the lies Palin is spewing in darn near every sentence she utters.
 badge3939
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:04:56 PM
I think that if either party remove either of the 2 VP picks. It would hurt the party that did it. His VP pick was the first command dission he had to make as the next President.
To me; It would show a lack of confidance in the future president. If he is not comortable with his VP pick, and changes the VP. So if either change thier VP, they will lose the election. If he not confident with his VP. Then he not going to be very confident as President.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:07:00 PM

....an attempt to deflate the Palin momentum

I do believe reality is doing that already.

(Actually, I doubt either will be off the ticket in reality.)

People have counted Obama out before, and paid a heavy price for that oversight. He's got an exceptional team behind him, and that's why he is where he is.

I'm counting on it happening again.
 o4
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:12:02 PM
(Actually, I doubt either will be off the ticket in reality.)

I'm with you MG on that.

As for the VP Debate, Biden will do much better than Palin on foriegn affairs, but Palin will do well in "relating" to the "basic American family members". It should be interesting.

Even if Biden did scratch from the ticket for some reason, at this point the replacement would not be Hillary either however I'm afraid PurpleCrayon. At this point she needs to have her eyes on one of two things, either a bench seat or the year 2012. But playing second fiddle to Mr. O, especially after his sexist Lipstick Pig comment just couldn't ring true for her.....as much as I don't like Hillary, even this right wing guy can recognize that she's better than that!
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:19:53 PM
I definitely think it would be a dumb move to take Biden off and add Hillary. I don't know why I have this funny feeling it is being considered by the Democrats. (whether it will come to be in a whole different matter).

It just felt like a set-up scenario when Biden made that statement re' Hillary.

But, it would be too obvious of a play to the female voters and be a bust...so, surely the Obama camp has considered that.

And, yep, I do see Hillary setting herself up for 2012. I imagine that is the only reason she and Bill are being cordial/helpful to Obama cause there surely is no love loss there at all.

Oh.. to MG... if you read this...

I have the other glove.
 sydneyricky
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:21:15 PM
I have never seen a VP Candidate influences the American public as much as Palin has. She has become even more of a celebrity than Obama. As for Biden, he was "The Safe Pick" while Palin was "The Risky Pick." Rick Davis' risk looks like it has paid off after that crazy first week (I'm sure the McCain Campaign were 2nd guessing themselves until Palin's Speech at the RNC). Hillary vs Palin would have been fascinating to watch. They are both women yet SO DIFFERENT!! Skirt vs PantSuit!!
 kabiosile
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:24:31 PM
Obama made the right choice there is no other name that energizes the republican base to vote for anyone even a guy many of them dont even like than clinton.

There are only 2 reasons republicans make a big deal about clinton A. they want to try to trick the feminists into voting for palin and try to make obama look like he is being sexist by not picking her. When there are obvious reasons why he should NOT have picked clinton.

B they wished he picked or wold still pick clinton because then all of the republicans would turn out and vote against her. Most republicans I have spoke to personally do not like Mccain and will not be turning out to vote for either. If clinton had been on the ticket they would have voted for hitler if he was on the ticket just so there wasnt a clinton in office.

Obama did the right thing and it had nothing to do with sex.
 serendipiteee
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:43:23 PM
. . . . . .

Let me assure you, a Hillary veep-ship is not being considered by any Democrat in their 'right' mind!
We don't want her! Didn't before, don't know, never will!

Funny, I always thought Republicans had no use for children once they exited the womb. Palin obviously thinks they make great campaign props.
Track Palin, 17, the Iraq invasion prop.
Bristol Palkin, the my pregnant daughter is keeping her baby and marrying the father prop.
Notice there was no mention of just how a 17 & 18-year-old are going to support this kid?
Trig, 5 months, the pro-life prop.
CHILDREN - the latest Republican political props!!! Don't leave home without them.
 sanderick
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:45:32 PM
Just like the Democrats are feeling Buyers remorse over having Obama as their leader, with all the baggage that he has.

Obama is feeling buyers remorse on his choice of Biden. He is stuck with him and can't/won't let him go, to exchange for Clinton.

If he changes VP selection, he will be demonstrating that:

His judgment can't be trusted. (which he can't be)

He is flip-flopper. (already plenty of history of this already actually)

He doesn't know what he is doing. (which he doesn't, admittedly his experience for being president comes from running a campaign.

So, now he is trying to fight the fact that Palin, is better suited to be president than he is. (which is true)

But he isn't running against Palin. He is running against McCain and Biden is just a big fat anchor dragging him down.

Obama's Star, just like his pol numbers, is falling.

EDIT:

I always thought Republicans had no use for children once they exited the womb.

Uh, that would be Obama, who stated that he would never want his daughters to be PUNISHED with a baby.

That would be Obama, that voted against saving the lives of Children, who are outside their mother and have survived an abortion attempt.

So, clearly Barack Hussein Obama has no use for children once they have exited the womb.

McCain - Palin
 kabiosile
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:57:59 PM
I am not a democrat and I think Obama was the best choice that the democrats had going for them. I will be voting for him, even though I am not a democrat and I would have never voted for Clinton.

I know a great many people personally who never voted in their lives who will vote for Obama.

The thing that is more correct is a great many of republicans (My grandmother being one) Cannot stand Mccain, though she couldnt stand bush either. I bet even she votes for obama and that will be the first democrat she has ever voted for that I know of LOL
Last election she stayed home and said she wished she would have voted against bush.

Thing is fiscal conservatives got no one in the republican party anymore. If they want anything that even resembles what they believe in they have to go libertarian or for nader.

Mccain is FAR more liberal and insane fiscally than even the wildest fiscal liberal on the democrat side. To think he wants to cut taxes for the rich during a time of two front war and HUGE record breaking deficit HAHAH! He wants to see the country bankrupt.
 shieldvulf
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:09:02 AM
I wish I could make shit up like sander, just pull it straight out of my a55 and fling it out there on the InterWebs as if it were something. I wish I could, but these damned scruples won't let me.

Still, I ought to try, or what are dreams for? Here goes:

Just as Republicans are feeling buyer's remorse for choosing McCain as their leader, with all the baggage that he has, McCain is feeling buyers remorse for choosing Palin. He is stuck with her and can't/won't trade her for Lieberman.

If he changes his VP selection, he will be demonstrating that:

His judgment can't be trusted, which it can't.

He is a big ol' flip-flopper, which we know already.

He doesn't know what he is doing. Which he doesn't. But, then, his qualifications for being president are that he was tortured and that he goes back on his word in the most egregious ways, as in the cases of Bob Jones, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, offshore drilling, veterans benefits, middle class tax relief, supporting the Still President, etc.

So, now he is trying to fight the fact that Gumby is better suited to be president than he is, which is true if only because Gumby won't die in the next two years.

But he isn't running against Gumby. He is running against Obama, and Palin is just a big fat anchor dragging him down.

McCain's Star is tarnished, his campaign is a pack of lies and a stack of misdirection, and his pol numbers are peaking early. When they fall, what will his next gimmick be?

Boy, that was just too easy! I can see why sander enjoys it! I didn't have to think at all!

¡GOBAMA!

Vulf

Say, do you know the difference between Sarah Palin and George W Bush?

Lipstick!

Do you know the difference between John McCain and D1ck Cheney?

Lipstick!
 kabiosile
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:11:53 AM

Very nice!

Well done
 sydneyricky
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:33:18 AM
I got the Bush & Palin lipstick joke but missed the McCain & Cheney one....are McCain or Cheney "guilty" of some transexual/transvestite activity that I'm unaware of?
 shieldvulf
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:45:35 AM
Thanks for playing syd!

It's kind of a meta-joke, I'd say, a twist on the form of the "what's the diff" riddles. If the difference between M & C is something neither of them use, then there isn't any difference, is there? That's the joke.

It's not funny - nor is any joke - if you have to explain it. But if you lay that pair of jokes on some smartypantses, one after the other, you will be, for a moment, a comic genius.

Or you'll have to explain, too. This is high-risk, unprotected comedy here. Not for the easily bruised.

C!

V!
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/14/2008 1:12:26 AM
Biden's had a more respectable career in my view. Even his "scandles" aren't anything compared to Sarah Palins. Plus he's had a lot more years to f*ck up than her relatively minor experience in the spot light.
 sydneyricky
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 1:22:01 AM
Thanks for the explanation of the Cheney & McCain joke. I'm so used to DIRECT American humor on Sitcoms, Movies, and Satires that the "meta-joke" of this sort seems more in line with BRITISH HUMOR!!

The New Yorker has great Political Satire (except for the front cover with Obama as a Muslim with an OBL picture in the background...I thought that was toooooooooo far).

The Bush & Palin Joke is a keeper!!
 TradurGurl
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/14/2008 2:07:23 AM
OP --

It looks like we've gotten a bit off Topic here what with the "Bush Bashing", and insults toward McCain and Palin.

So, I will answer your question -- the Topic of this thread.

1. No, I don't think Obama will take Biden off the ticket for The Clintons -- because he would get BOTH of them, in reality.

2. Also think it is too late, and would, in fact, make him look even more indecisive.

3. Although I hear repeatedly that it would have been a smarter political move to have Hillary --- I'm not so sure. If the POF threads written before the selection of Obama, were any indication, the Dems were HIGHLY polarized between the two candidates. Most Obama supporters rabidly hated Hillary, and vice versa.
 mjk21258
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 2:29:39 AM

I'm with you MG on that.

As for the VP Debate, Biden will do much better than Palin on foriegn affairs, but Palin will do well in "relating" to the "basic American family members". It should be interesting.

Even if Biden did scratch from the ticket for some reason, at this point the replacement would not be Hillary either however I'm afraid PurpleCrayon. At this point she needs to have her eyes on one of two things, either a bench seat or the year 2012. But playing second fiddle to Mr. O, especially after his sexist Lipstick Pig comment just couldn't ring true for her.....as much as I don't like Hillary, even this right wing guy can recognize that she's better than that!

I agree I don't think Hillary goes on the ticket at this late date, regardless.

As for Obama's "sexist lipstick pig comment, why isn't this a "sexist lipstick pig" comment? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8IhMMhe8w I really want to hear the logic why it is okay for McCain to use the same term, but as soon as Obama does it is considered sexist.
 kafirrr
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 3:25:39 AM
That's highly doubtful. There'd be no reason to accept if he really didn't want to do it.

Plus... replaced with Clinton? That's a joke. There's no way in hell she'd agree to that.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 3:37:35 AM

We didn't have a Biden thread so I'm going to attempt to start one...if it doesn't get voted off that is.

If it's a total Biden Bashing thread it will go away and I expected to see some HUGE revelation of Biden screwing up when I saw the title.
But, as usual. It's only another quote out of context meant to manipulate to the fearful.

Instead of discussing economic policy where McCain admits to not knowing much ....
Instead of discussing health care policy where McCain will increase your premiums and tax more of your income....
Instead of discussing the repair of international relations which Obama has studied and practiced his whole life...
Instead of discussing the way to end a war and the definition of "winning"...
Instead of discussing education
Instead of discussing anything of political substance,

Biden said Hillary may have been a better choice.

Since I can readilly see that this quote is out of context, I can only wonder what question may have been asked to elicit such a response....

reporter: "Mr, Biden, If you knew the polls favored a VP without a penis, do you think you were the better choice?"

Biden: "Hillary Clinton might have been a better choice for VP."

reporter: "Mr, Biden, If you knew the polls favored a VP with mammary glands, do you think you were the better choice?"

Biden: "Hillary Clinton might have been a better choice for VP."

reporter: "Mr, Biden, If you knew the polls favored a VP that used to live in the white house, do you think you were the better choice?"

Biden: "Hillary Clinton might have been a better choice for VP. "

Somehow, I think Obama is not that petty in his thinking.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 4:37:22 AM
If it's a total Biden Bashing thread it will go away and I expected to see some HUGE revelation of Biden screwing up when I saw the title.
But, as usual. It's only another quote out of context meant to manipulate to the fearful.

And all of those Palin threads weren't...........
 harliegal
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 4:59:05 AM
Buyer remorse for picking Obama???? Not even slightly. The "women" who said all along that they would vote republican if Hillary wan't the star probably wouldn't have voted for Hilliary anyway. The cinic that I am tells me that they weren't ever democrats. They sound very much like a group made up by Rush and his other buddies. The old saying "me thinks he dost protest too much", well they cretainly did.
As I told someone at work...nothing would ever so bad that I'd ever vote republican (ie removing Hillary who I didn't support but who she did).
Democrats, true democrats, don't choose a candidate based on sex, religion or color. We choose on who can and will support America best and who supports the issues we hold dear.
Lastly I'm getting sick of hearing that the Republican's are for "Family Values". That makes it sound like if you don't vote republican that you aren't for the family!!!! How arrogant can you get.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Will Obama Take Biden Off The Dem Ticket?