Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Since sentence responses mean not interested?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ronery1234
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Since sentence responses mean not interested?Page 1 of 1    
A few times I have had women make the first move and email me first on here, and after that, I respond back and they might respond in turn. But the thing is, when they do it's a bland single sentence, without anything to work off for another response. A few times for example they first just said something like. "Hey I read your profile and you seem really sweet and cool." I respond back, and then I basically detect no interest, but it seems like they're trying to avoid being rude. What should I make of this?
 kibro5
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Since sentence responses mean not interested?
Posted: 9/15/2008 6:45:35 PM
How do you respond back? Maybe that is the problem?
 no_1_bby
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:35:06 AM

[quote ] like this [ / quote]

sorry would have e-mailed you but I don't have a picture

Don't forget to remove the extra spaces tho.. otherwise it won't work. I would have emailed too.. but I don't live in the US or within 75 miles of you.

OP.. as many have said. If you are getting the short, polite, but clipped sentences.. chances are she's not interested. You should be sending more then single line responses to her... but you don't need to write a novel either. Some of my more interesting chat buddies have started out as being awkward to begin with... then suddenly it's like someone turned on the switch.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 11:34:19 AM
The thing to remember here is its a first time contact. If you walk up to someone at a party or club do you go into your life story? NO... You tread carefully to see if there is a mutual attraction. You don't want to put alot into the first email or message and find out the person isn't interested in the slightest or worse don't even respond. First messages should be simple letting the person know your interested and what you found that interested you. If the person is interested they will check your profile and find something to comment on to start the conversation. You can even give an open question to give the respondent a starting point and you might learn something about them.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Since sentence responses mean not interested?