Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > The Connection Between Sanitizers And Herpes!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 setuid
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The Connection Between Sanitizers And Herpes!Page 1 of 1    

Now i do not have herpes so I am wondering, would spraying some of these sanitizers on your herpes fight the virus?

The short answer is No. Herpes and similar are a virus, which is systemic. Just because you may have a cold sore or blister on some part of your body, does not mean the virus is localized to that part of the body (like a mole or a sliver would be).

Using some topical "sanitizer" would likely do nothing other than rid you of the symptom, not the underlying virus that is inside your body in parts you CAN'T see and CAN'T sanitize.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
The Connection Between Sanitizers And Herpes!
Posted: 9/16/2008 6:46:28 AM

Are you seriously suggesting that people should use cleaning products for genital herpes outbreaks?!

Think of the forums as being similar to seeing a tarot card reader... for entertainment purposes only, not to be taken seriously, topically or internally.

People should be careful about drunken/high posting... hehehe..
 deerdog1
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:24:34 AM
OP you have entirely too much free time ...may I suggest a hobby something that dont involve chemicals

Do not confuse chemical destruction of a virus on a surface with removing an infection from your body.

as the above poster has said ...aids virus is very fragile outside the body ...but very viable on the inside ...bleach will kill HIV instantly ...on the outside of your body ...and on the inside also ...if you drink bleach you will not die from aids ...bleach poison YES aids NO

I nominate this thread for the coveted BONEHEAD award ...
 sleepsafe
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/21/2008 11:22:57 AM
Well there we go, so, essentially the sanitizer must be absorbed into the body via your digestive track. I think we have something here people... what it is i just dont know... i just dont know..
.....ah ever heard of drugs, toxins, poisons absorbed thru the skin? How about nicotine patches, estrogen patches, testosterone patches and gel, nerve gas, heavy metals, pesticides, etc. Your mamma didn't say to wash your hands just to get the poop off of em from your last trip to the crapper. Drugs, poisons, lots of things are absorbed thru the skin. I suggest you stick to whatever you are good at and not offer medical advice to the masses. You are quite clearly no good at that. If you insist on putting poison onto your Johnson try to avoid the ED during busy times when they are taking care of sick people.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > The Connection Between Sanitizers And Herpes!