Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Age?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 setuid
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Age?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'd almost go the other way... while you DO gain more experience and you may know yourself better than someone else, in my experience, many older partners (women in my case) are solidified in their ways and refuse to experiment, try new things, positions, places, techniques. It's like "I'm 43, and I know what it takes to please me, so please stop trying other ways..."

Another interesting tidbit, is flexibility and stamina. These dramatically decrease with age (especially OUR age and older). Not as much of the as we used to in our "youth".

Depressing, really.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Age?
Posted: 9/16/2008 6:27:50 AM

It's like "I'm 43, and I know what it takes to please me, so please stop trying other ways..."

I know what pleases me, I know what works to get me off.. but I'm also open to trying something new. I might hesitate slightly with somethings, but with the right encouragement I'll try it. It helps having a partner who knows how to encourage in the right way.

I am more confident now then I was in my 20's. I knew then how my body worked, but I'm more able to vocalize that to my partner now.

Another interesting tidbit, is flexibility and stamina. These dramatically decrease with age (especially OUR age and older). Not as much of the as we used to in our "youth".

This can be true.. I find it to be true where men are concerned. My stamina hasn't changed, my flexibility is about the same... my craving is as high if not higher then it was in my 20's. I can't say that is the same for the men I know.
 SteveinHP
Msg: 13
Age?
Posted: 9/16/2008 6:39:51 AM
setuid, I think your experiences suck...

Older women, well I am older too, tend to be way more open in their sexuality, know what it takes to get them off, and know how to please their partner...

OP, it is all experience. It is good you have a positive attitude...if you are confident now, wait till your are 35 and going through the horniest stage of your life...
 duckling
Msg: 14
Age?
Posted: 9/16/2008 6:57:46 AM
I think it's true that the older we get and the more experience we gain, that we get a lot better at sex. That said, when I was young and inexperienced, many girls were a lot better than average. If you have skills early in life, you're probably better now than many mature women. But, you'll be even better when you have discovered all the things you love to do and find the right partner to do them with.
 deerdog1
Msg: 15
Age?
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:12:07 AM
CherryPie we are all individuals...some are completely secure in their sexuality at a very young age ..as you have indicated you are ...which is good ...others take time to develop a security with their sexuality ...which is a shame ..others never will become their true sexual sef ...which is terrible ....many things influence our sexual security and many of at times in our life think we have achieved sexual security only to find out it just gets better ...one thing for sure is that we continue to grow in our sexual identity and you will too ...you may have a head start on others but we are all in our own little race ...we are not competing against each other ...we are competing for our fulfillment and security ..

.Be young ...be foolish ...girl ...be happy ...don't let the world pass you by ....its a waste of time...live every day for today ...in the bright sunshine
 OutMind
Msg: 16
Age?
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:12:10 AM
My experience with women is as follows, in their twenties, even though they may have some sexual taboos they tend to want to experiment and be more open about their sexuality. Then they turn 30 and their bio clocks turns them into nesting mode. So experimentation goes out the window and they settle on ideas based on whether they got burned, used and abused, dumped and what not, or began to have children. Then about 38 t0 39, depending in where they are on their bio clock, married or divorced, they go through a renaissance of their sexuality. While the new experimentation is not about a multitude of partners, it tends to be about what to do with one partner.

As for guys. Most men are idiots when it comes to sex. Few becomes masters of it, while the majority remain fast-coming missionary meat-heads. LOL.

My personal experience is that each year I've gotten better and better. But they key change happened in my mid-thirties when I discovered that the best sex is the one that is not about yourself, but your partner. Then everything explodes, your woman becomes a beautiful instrument, like a cello, to be touched and plucked and caressed in a way that produces the most awesome music.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Age?
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:25:31 AM

My personal experience is that each year I've gotten better and better. But they key change happened in my mid-thirties when I discovered that the best sex is the one that is not about yourself, but your partner. Then everything explodes, your woman becomes a beautiful instrument, like a cello, to be touched and plucked and caressed in a way that produces the most awesome music.

YES!!!!
 JeepHammer
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Age?
Posted: 9/16/2008 11:02:21 AM
It's been my experience that women do nothing but get better with age.
What the surrender in flexibility to age, they more than make up for in enthusiasm and experience.
Very few things better in life than a woman that knows exactly what does it for her, and is quite willing to tell & show you exactly what to do to get there for her...
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 27
Age?
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:07:23 PM
I would consider both ages good for different things. I am old, know what gets me off but let me tell you... I learn new things all the time!!!! I am experienced but being open to something new means you never stop learning or enjoying.

Younger people may have less inhibitions, more stamina, more drive (speaking of younger men here)... older offer a different experience such as more passion, more sensuality, more overall experience instead of f*k and duck (out the door.... you know what I mean!)
 Ron9
Msg: 35
Age?
Posted: 9/19/2008 12:16:57 PM
Best unrestricted - un-shy - knew how to get what she wanted (to the point of bending my weinersnitzel in a crazy seemed like 90 degree bend) was my girlfriend between my two long marriages - she was 33 at the time.

Second best was my second girlfriend - she was 17 and I was 19.

Worst was my first wife - she was 19 I was 23 - married 16 years and never got any better. She was a knock out when “fixed up” ALL guys would just drool.

After being married most of my life. I was very very disappointed with both how easy sex was to get ....... but the quality of sex. All three of those gals were in their 40s and .......... still can not believe how ......... how poor their skills were.

OP - the better with age myth is just that .......... a myth.
 robw23
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Age?
Posted: 9/20/2008 1:24:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ dont underestimate experiance buddy! i,m 48+ i still fire up with no problems!! at our age we generally choose partners in our own age range rather then try to relive our youth chasing young skirt!!!!! b.t.w, when did u last bed an 18 yr old without having to pay?????????sheesh, the nerve of the bloke!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Age?