Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Needing some help with locating to Calgary      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dirtbag2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Needing some help with locating to CalgaryPage 1 of 1    
LOL Good luck with finding low income housing!!! Believe me I empathize with you, since my income falls just short of the poverty line. I believe the place you want to contact is the Calgary Housing Authority. You can also try CUPS. I'd be willing to bet that the waitlists are HUGE.

As far as dayhomes go, as far as I know there isn't a listing, since there are so many of them. I believe you can likely find a listing of LICENSED day homes and daycares from the Provincial government, failing that you can try 311 in Calgary City. The beauty of a licensed dayhome is that there are standards of care that must be met and strictly adhered to adult:child ratios... AND you can receive subsidies if you are using a licensed daycare or dayhome.

CUPS would likely be a great source of help with other things like setting up your utitilities. I believe CUPS also has a program to help people pay their damage deposits. Check it out!

I wish you and your son the best of luck with your relocation to Calgary, and hope you both find much happiness here.

In the meantime.. I'm outta here on November 1--moving to a small, small, small town about 125 kms south of Calgary.

cheers
Misha
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Needing some help with locating to Calgary