Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I am really starting to hate dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ________
Msg: 6
I am really starting to hate datingPage 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
It is not against any law to give up and die..... Well -- maybe the laws of nature....
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 7
I am really starting to hate dating
Posted: 9/20/2008 5:37:01 AM
Your profile name is ILIKEPORKCHOPS - what made this woman think you were a match? oh, maybe you didn't meet her on POF? I made an assumption! Oops!

Hilarious story. I'd have left when she suggested shopping IKEA for a great first date. Odd. I notmally take all my first date's to either Cabela's or Crate and Barrel...which ever seems appropriate, unless we need bait!

Keep fishing!
Wrong pond!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/20/2008 5:45:49 AM

BUT I haven't had a date in two months and I think this girl may be off her meds and I might get some tonight.

(It would have been a strike but I was pretty horny)"

You were willing to have sex with a woman who disgusted you. You were willing to put up with eating crap you didn't like and dealing with her other weirdness so you could "get some"--from a woman you didn't know and didn't like! She was no more to you than the piece of bloody steak you didn't get.

You deserved what you got--a bad time and no sex.
 Xcen
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 7:51:02 AM
Hey Pal
Look on the bright side, the glass can be half-full. CELEBRATE DIVERSITY.
Thx for the daily humor. Maybe that woman is here on POF. I bet she is a regular contributor to the forums.
 auntandy
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 7:59:00 AM
That was a great date story!!! I laughed, thank you. I've had a few Maury-worthy dating stories myself. But I've also had some pretty damn good ones.

Don't be afraid of dating. How ridiculous. Be glad you learned of her psycho behavior early on. Be grateful, not victimized.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/20/2008 10:43:15 AM

I'd have been worried when she suggested walking around Ikea for fun.

AND...he paid for her purchases in hopes of getting sex. I don't think she was crazy, just frugal.
 walker1960
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/20/2008 1:06:58 PM
Well Mr ILPC...
I don't think I ever started to LIKE dating....but after reading your story, I sure feel even better about not doing very much of it! I think I am pretty good here by myself these days......but better luck to ya buddy!
 LMK45
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/20/2008 1:21:34 PM
OP -- I was almost crying from laughter!!! (sorry!) Sounds like it was lucky you left before you got "lucky" ... I could only imagine.
 Applette
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 1:33:34 PM
Hey dude .. you were not interested in getting to know the person .. your message came through loud and clear .. "you were going to get laid and do what ever it takes to achieve your goal" ... it appears that even a scumbag like you has his limits.
 Vannili
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 2:08:55 PM
I have similar experienced like you. I have to see a gentleman through his insistant invitation to have a nice dinner in his big house,( he was too busy come to my town .we have a good rapport on the phone and emails for 3 months )in a nice town an hour &half drive and I took the bus because I am not familiar in that town. I always met blind dates in public places but I make an exception on him. he gave me the impressioned that he was a very well of and classy. I missed an hour on my work and spent bus fare of $54.00 . When he pick me up ,I felt like running away he was so slob and obese and his new cadillac is a unclean truck, his an acre of plants and flowers business is just a several pots in front of his run down house ,it is really a shocked to me how poor he is. Then he started grabbing me like he was sex starve I told me I am hungry so he toke me to the kitchen and feed me soup of mixed pasta,rice,beans and few oyster crackers. He was hurting my breast by grabbing hard and trying to disrobe me ,it is a good thing that I was wearing a coverall not my sexy dress that I put my in my bag. when I got the chance I run as fast as I can to the local bus stop, few people help me for the direction to catch my bus to go home. I will still date, but in my town public places. and no exception, and just talk to get to know each other.
 Aroseforu
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 2:21:05 PM
LOL I so agree with Gwendolyn. I mean come on you had already had alot of clues of what she was like .....but you said you was horney? So despite of all the flags it only mattered if you got some tail? I wouldnt be thinking how horney I was, it would have been more like I got to get this guy home and RUN and never look back.
 Xcen
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 2:56:12 PM
Porkchop,
Didnt learn much from the Veggie date ? Then you ask Kimmie out???? You should stick with women without issues. U did indeed call it earlier when you noticed the large number of judgemental responses. I just love this place.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/20/2008 3:35:24 PM

Seems to be alot of judgemental folks around here

Yup, I am always judgmental about men who say continue a date because they are horny and might get lucky.

I am looking for ltr.

But until you get one, you'll have casual sex with women whom you don't know and don't like? Dude, you can back pedal now, but you were the one who said as much in your post--in fact, you said it TWICE.

.And If you ladies knew how often I have sex you'd be embarrased at the bitterness of some of your post.

I am not bitter: I am merely pointing out that you were willing to have sex with a woman whom you didn't know and didn't like. Why all the protestations about your sex life now?

Sex is good,but I'd take a nice evening holding hands in the park ending with a sweet kiss goodbye anyday.

Unless, of course, the sex is with a crazy tofu lady because she is off her meds and you are horny.

Remember I'm still a guy...

Are you insinuating that all guys would have sex in the same circumstances???
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/20/2008 3:50:06 PM

You can twist it any way it suits you,I don't mind.

I REALLY don't see how this can be twisted into anything other than you were hoping for sex with her:

BUT I haven't had a date in two months and I think this girl may be off her meds and I might get some tonight.

,Then comes a foul ball(It would have been a strike but I was pretty horny)"

I am sure you intended it to be funny, but considering the number of forums where women complain about men who date them only for the possibility of sex, for some of us, the humor falls flat.

And the women who think it is funny would be insulted if you took them out and continued the date only because you think you might "get some."
 willowbunny
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 4:29:00 PM
Hahahahahaha, thanks for that. We all have tales to tell about nightmare dates but that's a great one. Maybe you should spend a bit more time emailling and chatting on the phone before you meet the next one though. Weirods often give themselves away beforehand and can then be avoided like the plague.
 Miss W
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/20/2008 4:40:01 PM

Maybe she was on to you and used that to get you to pay for her IKEA purchases. You're both users, but it would appear she was better than you. You're more alike than you think. A classic case of the user being had. Karma is a biatch, lol.

I was thinking the same thing. It is amazing at what you were willing to endure all in the name of being horny.

I wonder why people don't automatically touch base on a few simple things before even meeting:
food preference
religion
politics
style / clothing
Music / movie genre
health / exercise

Great advice. People would stop wasting their time if they would "do their homework".
Then, if they are lied to or something is amiss....they are free to at will.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/20/2008 4:44:44 PM

I find it funny all this comming for a person who,s whole profile is about her boobs

There is nothing wrong with sex or sexuality--until it becomes one person taking advantage of another, which is what you intended to do with the woman who was "off her meds."

And I am not surprised that you didn't see the deeper purpose of my profile post: my "whole profile" is not about my "boobs" (and I never referred to my mammary glands as such), but about not conforming to the dictates of society and bucking the system.

You, on the other hand, wrote a tale that belonged in the locker room where men like you snicker about taking advantage of women. You tried to rationalize continuing the date because you wanted to "get some." I wonder why you did this? Was it because you take sex so lightly and have such low respect for women that you would take advantage of a woman off her meds, or was it because you needed a reason to put yourself in a "better" light? For example, you COULD have explained that you continued the date because you are a polite man who cares about the feelings of others, but nope, you continued in hopes of getting laid.

This is not bringing sex out in the open where it, like breasts, can be discussed honestly; it is, instead, demeaning to women and reducing them to objects.

Read my profile again, notice the parts about breasts throughout history. It is an honest categorization, not a standing on the street corner catcalling about "boobs." I am not a prude, but I do protest the humor of a man keeping company with a woman he doesn't like because he might "get some."

By the way, do you have a daughter? A sister? How would you feel if you were in the grocery store and heard a man talking about a female who is close to you, saying that he took her out and though he didn't care for her, hung in there in hopes of "getting some"?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/20/2008 5:18:08 PM

I write funny stories

Ya know, I COULD have laughed right along with you . . . right up to the "off meds" so maybe "I'll get some."
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/20/2008 6:04:24 PM

Actually gwendolyn your entire profile is about 'mammary glands'...eight full paragraphs to be exact. Your feeble attempt at social commentary is at best silly and at worst pathetic.

I fail to see how an essay on breasts relates to this guy's hanging out with a woman because he wanted to get laid. It is not only throwing a red herring into the "conversation," it is comparing apples and oranges: does discussing breasts equate with wanting to sleep with someone whom one doesn't know or like?

I have also written essays about my sister telling me to cut my hair--the same type of commentary on not bowing to social pressure. If I had THAT essay on my profile, you wouldn't have made the comment you make though my intent would have been the same.

If I had written about taking advantage of men and having casual sex with them even if I didn't like them, then the comparison between what I wrote and what he wrote would be apt.

I also suggest that you develop your reading skills; you fail to see the social commentary in my essay, yet you think his blurb was "satire"?

Oh, wait! What the hell do I know? I have an MA in Lit and Writing and teach writing for a living. Who am I to analyze writing???

Silly me.

Oh, and by the way, my profile blurb is a wonderful way to weed out the idiots who only see "BREASTS" and those who understand my point.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/20/2008 6:19:58 PM

the satire to which I refer is yours not his

Had I been writing satire, perhaps I would have understood your comment.

all in all feeble commentary on a dating profile is like viewing the execution of a chicken...lot's of flying feathers and pandemonium but in the end...nobody truly cares.

You care enough to have made two comments about my profile and you cared enough to rise to the defense of the OP.
 webweebil
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 7:45:28 PM
I am insulted and offended!

That you're voting for McCain!!!

(He lives in the next town over and we have about 10 times more police around.)
 vivaciousvixen2
Msg: 101
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:29:58 PM
I believe that the moral to his story is that he shouldn't try to man whore a vegan lady with his swizzle stick Too funny.
He wanted a quick lay and his suave gentleman ways sure didn't work that night
hahahahhahhaha
 Xcen
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:46:26 PM
Tunes back in after a long day:
Adds more new names to his list of people with issues:
Adds another mark by the regular (or is that irregular) folk with issues:
Laughs and goes to the next forum:
 webweebil
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:07:55 PM
Honestly, I wonder if you threw in all those qualifiers of hoping to have sex, just so you wouldn't come off like a chump. You are really too funny to be that rotten. (I hope)

Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 1:47:33 AM
Wow, I guess she was lucky that she got into that fight, otherwise, you would have continued to pretend you liked her, just to use her for sex and then never see her again, and she would have had sex with someone who had no respect for her and didn't even like her but would still be willing to use her for sex because he "was horny." Reading about that from your point of view makes me start to hate dating. So she had different taste in music and food from you and has prescriptions, at least she wasn't trying to deceive you.

So how is a girl supposed to tell the difference between a guy who really likes her and one who is pretending to like her to get into her pants (and waiting until later dates for sex helps, but maybe there are guys willing to pretend for longer to just get laid).

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I am really starting to hate dating