Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I become a volunteer mod? [Closed Thr      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jickler
Msg: 1
 anndramada
Msg: 2
How do I become a volunteer mod?
Posted: 9/20/2008 2:25:33 PM

And you want to be a Mod because...?

Let me just take a wild guess here.

Would it have anything to do with wanting the power to remove all
those pesky mail restrictions woman place in their settings?

If so, then you need to know that personal agenda's are fairly easy to spot.
Your's moreso than any I've seen so far.

And FYI:
Admin. is the *only* one who controls the design of the mail settings.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/20/2008 3:03:07 PM
jickler: The Turtle: Married Male seeking discrete encounter

Good Thing we got the Ethics out of the Way ... lol
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/20/2008 3:09:01 PM
And patient as I was, even I was not patient enough in the end...

FWIW, I thought you did a GREAT job, and those mod comments of yours in the forums were funny, and to the point.

I guess my opinion isn't the one that counts, but I'm only one of your many fans!
 cotter
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 3:27:36 PM
Oh "mad" ... in a way I'm kinda glad you're not moderating any more. Gives you more time to come play for me ... sigh
 sware2
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/20/2008 10:21:59 PM
TMF I hate hearing you will not be a moderator... you are one that really would hear both sides .. I, for one, respect you! But I also respect why you would make that decision. Thanks for all your advice and help. I do appreciate you.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:09:04 AM
I will add to these comments that I'm politically middle-of-the road (in other words, an extreme right winger in Canadian speak ), and I found TMF to be very fair, someone who tried to slow down the rhetoric with notes to the offending forums and humor.

As far as I could see punishments were only meted out for violations to the rules, and not for one's stand on the issues.

I agree with the moderator comments in message 9. This job has just got to be the pits with the US campaign season on-going. Removing the best moderator I've seen was not a wise decision IMO.

In all my years working in the US Senate (as a senior staffer, not a politician), I never saw as much rhetoric as I've seen in these forums. Believe it or not, most staffers and Senators actually respect the "loyal opposition" even if they don't agree with them.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > How do I become a volunteer mod? [Closed Thread]