Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What's the best place & circumstances for a good first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What's the best place & circumstances for a good first date?Page 1 of 1    
Just looking for a few opinions & insight here.

What are the best places you would like to go to on a first date & why?

So many profiles differ on what place or under which circumstances may make for a good first date.

I probably would not take a first date to a strip club, or a mud wrestling contest, unless she were a contestant in a mud wrestling event, or a contestant on amature wet T- shirt night...
 mermanus
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What's the best place & circumstances for a good first date?
Posted: 9/24/2008 4:02:09 PM
Coffee shop or a diner is always good. Neutral and unassuming public place. It says "we're feeling each other out and talking". There's no pressure for anyone to put out alot of money or try to show off in case things don't go well so no one feels like a "sucker". I like to make lunch dates as a first date where possible. Then if things go well it's easier to take the date onto something else then or a little later. Maybe the park, window or flea market shopping or later at the movies. Dress semi-casual. No sneakers of flip flops. Dress to impress but don't go overboard.
 jackster121
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 4:03:27 PM
I've only had one 1st date since 1992, because of a long marriage.
But, I took her to a small quiet, laid back restaurant whee we ordered a pizza and she had wine and I had a beer. We talked before dinner, during dinner and after dinner.
It went great. It wasn't fancy but intimate. It worked. we are having our third date this weekend. Whooo Hoooo for me.
 Pokeysrevenge
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/24/2008 4:07:04 PM
Personally I love doing something different than the basic "dinner and a movie"

I'd done putt putt golf + steak and shake. That was pretty fun.

I had one take me to a planetarium, and then a picnic. That was an amazing time.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 4:41:48 PM
Winernotreally...thanks for your feedback

Yes...this place has many places to go...
I could do the tourist tour or...

Maybe we could swap sometime.

You take me on a Napa Valley winery tour & I take you on a ferry tour of the Casco Bay islands, then maybe the Old Port .
Lots of beaches to tour, but I like'em best when the tourists have left.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What's the best place & circumstances for a good first date?