Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Emo Girls      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seil
Msg: 2
Emo GirlsPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It depends on the girl - I know a lot of girls who aren't into self mutilation that just like the look - and, to be honest, I do too.
 carolann0308
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/26/2008 6:44:52 AM
EMO, emotionally disturbed? Yeah that sounds like a great relationship requirement.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/26/2008 7:17:13 AM
I think EMO has evolved into more of a "look" then anything else.
I'm sure there are a ton of girls out there w/out the emotional baggage who have the "look" because they think it's cute.
 oddandy
Msg: 6
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/26/2008 7:48:51 AM
Just be sure to talk a lot about how nobody understands you, how you feel all alone in the world, your parents didn't really love you, etc etc. You'll score, dude.
 OutMind
Msg: 8
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/26/2008 10:37:46 AM
Oh come on people. Every body KNOWs what and EMO is.

It's:

Eats More Often (girl)

East Montana Orphan (girl)

Emotionally Malnourished Omnivore (girl)

Energetic Multi Orgasmic (girl)

Eloquent Moronically Oppressed (girl)

Any questions?
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/26/2008 10:54:30 AM
Isn't it a look associated with particular bands and music? If so, just get into the music and go the shows (concerts). And then you'll become emo enough for them too.
 Remagine
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/26/2008 11:35:13 AM
To date them, I believe you need to start wearing girls jeans
 OutMind
Msg: 14
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:21:59 AM
What? Scene?

I am getting old.
 gabrielle523
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 8/15/2010 1:03:01 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

Sounds like morons that sit around an whine about how bad their lives are. Pouty children that are angry they have to grow up.....date a clinically depressed person...at least they can have an emo look without faking it.

I don't know...guess I must be to mentally mature to understand the attraction! OMG....I must be over the hill And here all these years the guys liked smiles and laughs! Well, each person has their own individual fetishes I guess.....
 OutMind
Msg: 17
Emo Girls
Posted: 8/16/2010 3:01:00 PM

He must also speak Portuguese because I want to go to Venezuela. No anchovies.

Why Portuguese? Most Portuguese people in Venezuela come from the old country of Portugal. They usually own all the Panaderias, or bakeries and speak not with the soft spoken cadence of Brazilian Portuguese, but the more guttural form that sound more like German.

If you want to go to Venezuela, land of the most beautiful women, the darkest oil, most outspoken dictators and beach addicted guys you will need Spanish. But if you dare not speak it, don't worry about it, even the street vendors will talk to you in Ingles. Hehehe
 Justmytypewriter
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 2/25/2011 10:57:52 AM

Dressing a certain way if just a way to express yourself and show others that you identify with certain types of music or trends. In choosing one style over another, you're being youself and asserting your individuality.

That could be true, however, in this specific case the profile pictures do not reveal any individuality at all. Instead, they reveal the standard "emo" look: Bad make-up, lots of additional holes in the poster's face, a standard "emo" haircut and the standard "emo" dress code - there's positively nothing individual about that, and it isn't creative or "unique" either. It's actually quite blah - just your average "emo", only 20 years older.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 22
Emo Girls
Posted: 2/26/2011 5:59:23 PM
If you are not emo, you will not enjoy being around an emo - on that note, I don't know if emos actually enjoy being around each other, perhaps it's more like a group of people who don't reinforce their own self-loathing so that they can express themselves rather than chanting "you don't understand me".

An hour with an emo .... think of a listless 5-year-old with a list of demands a mile long and who reacts to any request or personal comment with tears and wailing. Compliments are not accepted. Suggestions are not accepted. Money is accepted, but questioning what the money may be used for is not accepted.

Granting an emo's requests does not make them happy or silence the whining - it merely confirms that their spiel is honed enough to generate cash and/or prizes. Your feedback will be negative, i.e. "you are only trying to get rid of me/kill me/silence me/change me"

Well....YES. Because once we change you we might like you. Until then, keep it in your dark room and don't bother me.

If you just like skinny girls who wear too much make-up, why not date fashion models instead...?
 Walts
Msg: 23
Emo Girls
Posted: 2/26/2011 6:30:59 PM
The OP is probably as confused as the kids that hide behind the title "Emo" and try to "act" like what they have been told Emo people "act" like. In other words, the OP likes people that dress and act. Cool.

If you just like skinny girls who wear too much make-up, why not date fashion models instead

I'll add to this to the OP. Why not just get a young lady to "dress and act" the part. That's all it is anyways....an act. Funny, if the kids actually could think for themselves, instead of "following" everyone else in black, they could see they are just another form of sheeple. Again,cool, if you like following. Sheeple are NOT hard to understand despite what these young ones think or believe. They believe they are not like others, but in fact they are just like the majority. If they weren't followers they would not dress the same.Kinda like a bad hallowean party when all the partiers went to the same costume rental place, with the owner giving them each a "special" costume of which he has hundreds of in the back room.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 3/9/2011 11:38:16 AM

I dont think cutting yourself and being emo have a lot to do with each other. every girl is different

Actually, it does.
Emo is the general term for those emotionally screwed up people who are whiney, think life is meaningless, cut themselves for attention, etc…

What you're probably thinking of is GOTH. Which is basically what emo people emulate, in a sad and pathetic way.

Someone from the goth culture will usually be the "dressed in black" sort that you might see a lot. But they're not as emotionally screwed up as the emo kids.
 reboot1010
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 3/10/2011 9:53:45 AM
http://www.filehurricane.com/media/1953
 adamcraig73
Msg: 28
Emo Girls
Posted: 8/27/2011 10:23:03 PM
I think the look is very sexy with the green or pink stripes in the hair... But I think it is hard to find someone your own age once you are above 22... Personally I would date an EMO girl... It is all about the look not the emotions anymore... Goth, not so much but EMO's are very sexy.... Just my thoughts...
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 29
Emo Girls
Posted: 8/28/2011 9:37:09 AM
In my book emo=drama so, while I might befriend one, I would not date one.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 32
Emo Girls
Posted: 8/29/2011 5:48:12 PM
Isn't the term "emo girl" redundant? Aren't most girls "emo" (tional) by default?
 WhatTheGuitar
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/4/2011 5:36:54 PM
lol wow, a lot of seemingly close-minded people, because clearly, only girls who have the emo style can possibly get depression....

Anyways, I think the style is very attractive and i've dated a couple of 'emo girls' before, they are usually quite fun and crazy if anything. I'm not a particularly a fan of the music myself but I won't judge anyone else's tastes.

Emo girls for the most part no more depressed than punk girls actually care about any kind of anarchy. It's a style, a genre. A way to wear their hair, make-up and clothes and if you find it attractive, go for it.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 34
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/5/2011 4:54:36 AM
^^^^ Hey look at the bright side of being EMO....we'll give you something to cry about!
 CoolColorOfPink
Msg: 36
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/6/2011 11:00:31 AM
Teenage angst is never in Vogue.
 gothicgirl86
Msg: 38
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/7/2011 8:42:45 PM
Emo (from Latin: "to buy, purchase", pronounced eeee-moe) is a type of subculture (rather distinctly from the 21st Century) loosely rooted around punk rock with its own distinct style of music, fashion, argot and other trappings in a desperate, though ultimately hopeless attempt to pronounce their uniqueness. As a rule of thumb, a person described as "emo" (falling under certain behavior mannerisms and attire correlating with the subculture) will often be from a comfortable, middle-class background with understanding, pleasant parents. All of this is irrelevant to an emo who will consider themselves misunderstood and repressed regardless of reality. Any urologist would say that these very emotional people need to be encouraged by the rest of society to help them jump off a bridge and stop taking up our public benches.
They all suffer from severe narcissism, leading them to believe that they alone know what pain is, and that no one understands them, when in fact they are simply experiencing puberty; just like everyone else is. They all believe that their personal affliction could not be worse, that their life in their quiet suburban house with their own television and computer in their room is not just the worst life they could have, but the worst life anyone has had, ever. On the plus side, emos have made great strides in the fields of photography. Many surrealist photographers study the ridiculous and almost impossible-to-duplicate camera angles emos use to post pictures on their MySpace.
The origin of emoism is much debated, but it is thought, like many terrible things, to have first manifested in the modern form during the 1990s. Another theory is that emos are suffering from a defect in the center of endorphins. It goes so much happiness hormone lost that from puberty simply not sufficient to a normal life to lead.
 colinrmyers
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Emo Girls
Posted: 9/15/2011 11:29:07 AM
this whole thread is completely ridiculous, in all honesty. I was pretty sure the word "emo" dropped out of most people's vernacular 4-5 years ago but I guess not. It was never a style, it was a subgenre of music. And while the "oldies" on this post might not understand it, I'm sure they all had their stereotypes they despised and idolised at younger ages as well, so whats the big deal?

Wear what you want, listen to what you like, say whats on your mind and be yourself. That will get you respect more so than any "look" would.
 SouthernRomeo92
Msg: 41
Emo Girls
Posted: 10/11/2011 6:47:04 PM
Emo girls are prefect. They heve that rebelious look and dont care attitude but what they really want is love. all emo girls are secretly
sweet and compassionate and very loyal. they are amazing gf's so i say go for it
 Archangel_07
Msg: 42
Emo Girls
Posted: 10/11/2011 7:44:35 PM
emo females huh. Take em outside to the beach, strip the pale make up off them and tell em take a dip in the water and be peachy. Emo gals want love sure they can have it anyone can feel love but don't love being depressed.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Emo Girls