Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Odd dating requests...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 3
Odd dating requests...Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
You're the second guy that I have heard of that doesn't wear undies with jeans. I find that strange for some reason because jeans are rather a rough material.

As far as strange requests, I've had guys ask me if I wearing any undies. I'm not easily offended, so it didn't bother me. In fact, I went to the ladies room and said, well not anymore. LOL

I've had many strange requests. One guy asked me to put my hands down my pants and then wanted to sniff my finger. I also had one guy ask me how much to make sure I went home with him that night. To which I responded, let's see what you got and I will tell you. Basically, nothing shocks me.
 OldFolkie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:34:17 PM
Seems perfectly normal to me, Brian. You should definitely call her back to find out if she was getting those "Good Vibrations" from your boxers.
Did you ask for her panties to see how you felt in them? Seems only fair, really.
 LLDREAMER
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:36:01 PM
I think that woman is extremely strange and none the less very bold.

She is probably just a tease.

My word of advise move on.
 abelian
Msg: 21
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/28/2008 10:42:25 PM

Then she asked if she could have the ones I was wearing. When I asked why she said she needed to sleep in them before she decided if it was worth planning another outing together. She literally needed to sleep on it, or in them as the case may be.

Why didn't you just tell her you'd just leave them at her place when you got dressed after a roll in the sack?
 maxhdroom
Msg: 30
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:20:15 AM
Hope they were colored and didn't show skid marks.
 Amma63
Msg: 31
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:26:44 AM
.............wow...........................

Just when you think you've heard ( or read) it all...........................
 arwen52
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:27:33 AM
If someone asked me that the first time I met them, they probably wouldn't get a second date.
 becca210
Msg: 33
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:35:38 AM
OP, I think most women have had similar requests but certainly not on the first date.
I think you should just step back and think about what you were expecting from the date and your future. If you were looking for something more serious in the long run and find her behavior strange....she is probably not for you.
If you were looking for some kicks....give her a shot.
Years ago, I spoiled my father with really expensive/100% cotton boxers. He questioned me about them....saying how wonderful they were......so I continued to buy them.
When he passed away....there were still new ones in the drawer and my college age nieces....
took them (along with matching tees). They wanted something of his......and they loved sleeping in boxers.
I don't think it strange......just not the best move on a date where first impressions count.
JMO.....Becca
 duckling
Msg: 35
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:52:35 AM
A lot of women have said that "it's really inappropriate to ask for someone's underwear on the first date". I'm just curious. How many dates do you go on before people are more comfortable giving away their ginch?
 Amma63
Msg: 36
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:55:46 AM

A lot of women have said that "it's really inappropriate to ask for someone's underwear on the first date". I'm just curious. How many dates do you go on before people are more comfortable giving away their ginch?

I was a married young bride and doing my first load of laundry as a couple before I asked him for his underwear.........................
 FierceAndGenerous
Msg: 41
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 11:54:25 AM
well Brian, I'd say you're gonna have to call her back, just to see what it's all about, or GET YOUR PANTIES BACK, MAN!!!! B/C she may have some voo-doo planned for you, and your undergarments WILL retaliate...really you'll always wonder if you don't find out now.
You strike me as the type of person who may overthink things, maybe she was just messing with your head....

Good Luck!
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 46
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 4:52:59 PM

First she asked what kind of underwear I wore. I answered boxer briefs, and her eyes excitedly lighted up. Then she asked if she could have the ones I was wearing. When I asked why she said she needed to sleep in them before she decided if it was worth planning another outing together. She literally needed to sleep on it, or in them as the case may be.

This is weird. And a freak.

But the odder part is that you appear to have given the pair to her.

Gosh, I'm beside myself wondering....

so will there be a date 2 after the Princess and the Pee spent the night sleeping in your briefs?

God.
Lunacy.
Where's the crazy smiley icon?
 cooladrenalin
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 5:34:24 PM
I should try that sometime......
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 5:44:11 PM
Along with everything else you have listed in your profile, perhaps you should include: Will surrender underwear on first date, upon request. You're too easy.
 LeeAnne51
Msg: 53
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 5:55:25 PM
im not sure which is stranger her askin for them or you giving them to her, this woman could be really strange or dangerous and now, dang shes got traces of your dna in her hands......lol ever think about that
 beehearnow
Msg: 56
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 6:01:56 PM
it is odd for a first date...but you should call her back and ask "what's up with that, anyway" instead of speculating. You'd know for sure then if she was crazy or just off the wall different from most.
 ________
Msg: 57
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 6:06:59 PM
She's likely just a biochemist.
 TainQ2
Msg: 58
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 6:11:21 PM

She sounds like fun, Be Adventurous, just make sure she doesn't show up with hand cuffs.
 maxbaks
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 6:27:54 PM
Well, after she asked you for your underwear , did you ask her if she'd like some crabs with that? or perhaps you would like some back? Or some other crap or disease?
I would let someone that's my girlfriend wear my boxers and if she'd want me- I'd wear hers if that would get her off (anything for my woman)..... but from a stranger I just met? heeeeeck no!

If you're wearing them back, well, wait at least 5-6 months before you go to the doctor cause that's how long you have to wait to get your herpies tests accurate lol.
Good luck

WanderingRain
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/29/2008 10:31:43 PM
My first thought was you should have gotten a quid pro quo, at least.
You get my boxers, but only after we...
 ~~~PlayNice~~~
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/30/2008 5:08:52 AM
i can't imagine why she wanted your undies, but you can bet that if i were single and on a date that i wanted to end quickly, i would steal this practice to make him think i was the crazy one.

if he gave them to me, i would fly into a tirade asking him loudly in public "what kind of man gives me his fricken underwear on a first date? what the hell is wrong with you anyway?"

if he didn't give them to me, i would fly into a tirade asking him loudly in public, "all i wanted was your underwear! what the hell is wrong with you anyway?"

that way he'd disappear on his own, happy to be rid of me! i love it.
 ~~~PlayNice~~~
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/30/2008 5:28:19 AM
^^^^ are you kidding? how can i not ask? please share. i need the laugh. can't sleep.

Vannili
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/30/2008 5:46:50 AM
I think there is something wrong with the equilibrium of your date, No sane person will ask her date to give her his used underwear. On a second thought,perhaps your date is a used boxer fetish.
 Vannili
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:17:14 AM
Perhaps your date is checking that you don't have crabs ,hmm that 's a thought.lol
 ksig221
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/30/2008 11:29:32 AM
yeah you gotta be careful.. you could get yourself into something you dont want to be in
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Odd dating requests...