Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Simple things you remember about someone special - past or present      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hard starboard
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Simple things you remember about someone special - past or presentPage 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Well, I remember when I was a junior in high school I was over at a friend's house because I was sweet on his sister. But, when she sat on my lap, it wasn't my mind that started sticking out. I then felt sheer panic when her dad walked in the front door.
 Arleneangel
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Simple things you remember about someone special - past or present
Posted: 9/30/2008 2:25:32 AM
On our third date in my living-room, his guitar in his hands, he looked up at me and said "Do you want to hear a real pretty song"? He then proceeded to play a song he had written for his dad, the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard from a guitar.

As I sat there watching his fingers seemingly float over the strings and the look of pure contentment on his face, I thought to myself, "I'm going to love this man forever".
And I do.

Arlene
 crushkerry23
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 2:43:23 AM
WOW!...I don’t know if I really have one to share, sadly, but I am still relatively young so I hope to have a special memory that could fit with all these other beautiful ones here…someday.

WOW!...very nice everyone.
 kitkat855
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:41:39 AM
Perfect first date!!My ex and I went to the Renn faire on our first date so the whole day was all about playing the whole Knight in the round table stuff.We had amazing chemistry all day.So when the first kiss came we were sitting on wood benchs opposite eachother.So he gets this look in his eye and moves in lol.Ya know that intense stare moving in on his prey look all serious..Well just as he was going to kiss me he jumped up loudly yelling "ouch".Turns out he got this hugh splinter in his ass.I was laughing so hard I couldn't help.I also felt bad when he asked me to pull it out.It actually ripped a hole thru his jeans.So I had to grab his ass before the first kiss.We laughed about that for 10 years.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/1/2008 4:17:24 PM
His nose.
Sounds tremendously silly I know, but he has the most elegant nose. Very Roman and snotty looking. Arrogant.

When his eyes gleam wickedly, and he arches an eyebrow and looks down the sexy nose?

Want to chew his clothes off and have him for dessert.

Oh and he smelled divine too. All man - yum!
 Ron9
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:38:32 PM
Don't get me started on my girlfriend - that was between my two long marriages.

Yeah ... don't remind me about the wild monkey sex.

Don't make me realize I will never ever get that again.

So just ........ just ........ just

OH CHIT - you got me started thinking about it.

Thanks a lot
 floridagal76
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/2/2008 7:22:52 PM
We were making love for the first time.... He said "You are gorgeous". I was visiting the US for the first time. I am a citizen now and speak much better English. I stopped him in the middle of the act because I wanted him to explain a word "gorgeous". Boy, was he patient with me learning the language.....
 the_write_stuff
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/2/2008 7:40:43 PM
The most beautiful brown eyes in the world. The most gorgeous smile known to man.
 cookie22222
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 3:32:08 AM
How every morning when he woke up he'd ask me, "How is my life this morning?"
 PlantMyRedTulips
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/3/2008 11:58:26 AM
The way he sticked his tongue out to the side when he detailed his and my vechicle. I thought it was a nuance but it was an indicator he was truly happy, and discovered that it was as such seeing a baby picture of him, happy as can be, with his tongue sticking out.

The way he methodically touched me knowing what areas just drove me crazy fun wild.

THe look on his face whenever he ate my wonderful home cooking, especially roasted garlic. And how whenever I added garlic to the onions I was sauteeing him asking "What is that?! It smells so good!"

Knowing when we went hiking he was going to babble and vent the entire time.
 tam879
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 6:09:16 AM
I remember her smile and the sound of her voice. Her caring and caressing, just how she treated me. Also many times I drive by certain places in the city that we had been to during our relationship. I wish I had that still.
 phishkev
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 11:30:40 AM
Eye contact, kisses, wacky sense of humor, our ability to make fun of the world, our own "universe"...but, that can be for my next love also!!
 DaemienDrake
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 9:27:43 PM
i was 18 and me and my friend chris were out bowling.(for sake of seeing some humor here my name is also chris.) Well my buddy had invited his friend kristen out with us. 8 frames into the second gamer and she was kicking our ass chris dared me to slap her ass right as she threw the ball. Now me being young and stupid said "SURE!". She spun around and slapped me,hardest hit i've ever felt. She walked off and came back five minutes later and gave me the best kiss i've ever had. We went on to date for a few months and have been best of friends ever since. To this day i'll say that those three months and that kiss were -well- worth the slap lol
 Rythmn
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 2:02:14 PM
i remember looking into another's eyes and beginning to feel a soul connection, the smell of someone, the imprint on my hand of how a person felt and knowing all the curves and bumps. i remember voice tones and melodies and smirks and grins and sadly i remember watching flames become embers and the retreat of a person into "nothingness". it comes from truly knowing someone and is not superficial, and sensing human frailty as well as empowerment. harder and harder to find those willing to connect in this way and to know as well as be known. boundaries become walls. instant gratification prevents the "knowing". and some, just don't have the ability or the tools or the desire or the intent. sigh......
 luv2lol
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 5:56:04 PM
The way it felt when his arms were wrapped around me, the best kisses I've ever had, how he pulled me close when he woke up, his amazing blue eyes...if only it had lasted longer...if only it had lasted for life
 haywiresue
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:04:42 PM
I feel very lucky to have some wonderful memories from men I have had a "magical" connection with in my life. Thanks for the opportunity to smile and think about some very special men who have influenced my life.

I dated a man once that could put his hand on my bare back between my shoulders and shend shivers up my spine - that was electric.

One man in my life gave the absolute best soft kisses I have ever experienced.

Another man gave me a hug that made time stand still, I had never felt so safe in a man's arms.

Thanks...........for the memories............Does anyone else hear Bob Hope singing?
 Finlander21
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 6:36:21 AM
She would run her hand down my face...hard to explain...but it was gentle and loving.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/12/2008 1:26:34 AM
The way he wrapped himself around me, entwined and slept with his lips pressed against my cheek or hair, and through out the night, he would smooth his hand down my body, press even closer (how was that possible) and whisper how he loved me...his breath warm against my ear and he murmured it in his sleep and into my dreams.

I never slept so loved before or since.
 2Preppy4U
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 1:29:33 AM
My first true love. One day we were in a big argument. She looked me in the eyes and told me that she loved me. From that moment I was wrapped around her finger. We never did get back together but I still do feel love for her. Even if it cannot be romantic any longer.
 ponytailoftx
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 8:42:09 PM
October 13, 1982... holding hands and laughing going to the movies ... Pink Floyd's "The Wall" with my boyfriend, Jamie, and many of our friends. I was older than him ... but just a little! He was a freshman in college and I was a sophmore ... he was so cute and sweet. We came home after the show and everyone went to their rooms! Before long, we were hugging, kissing and wanting to do more. I knew I wasn't ready for the rest. I wanted to wait until I married ... I told him and he stopped. I remember thinking he'll never want to see me again ... I was so afraid.

Feeling his hands on my cheeks as he softly kissed me ... telling me there was no rush; that we time. Holding hands and hugging ... I said "let's walk". The night air was crisp and damp ... wind blowing ... dark October night. We walked ... talking and wondering about that movie ... enjoying each other's company. I was on the curb ... he was right beside me ... such an amazing young man. That moment in time, I felt like I was the most important woman in the world ...

He was ripped from me that night as we walked along the street ... hit by a car from behind ... one minute we were holding hands, talking about the future and laughing; the next minute ... he was gone.

I miss him everyday. Not a day passes that I don't wonder why I wasn't hurt and why he was killed; why such a good and loving man would be taken at such a young age; have I lived a life worthy of the loss of his; so many things I wonder. That moment changed the course of both of our lives.

It was the best and the worst day of my life ... October 13, 1982 ... I'll always remember.
 ponytailoftx
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2008 8:16:34 PM
Thanks for the nodorks ... I needed that!
 oddandy
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/14/2008 7:13:12 AM
Something in the way her eyes shone when she looked at me. I always KNEW she loved me very deeply just by the way she would look at me. I can't even describe it. I used to wake up to that every morning. There were a lot of rocks in the road, but she loved me in a way that I doubt anyone else ever has. I often wonder if ever there will be someone else who will love me like that, and who I can love like that. It's been 2 years, and I'm still haunted by the memory of that look, those eyes. I sometimes think leaving was the worst mistake of my life, and it's far too late to go back now.
 geoffrey116
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2008 10:35:10 AM
In always remember her expression the first time I saw her with no make up. She seemed so nervous and cute. She looked absoloutly beautiful.

The flat of her chest under her neck and I used to love curling my fingers in her hair in bed.

Her mashed potato..

bloody hell I could write a list here.
 crushkerry23
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:47:55 AM
I posted here early on, on the first page of five, and now I have returned. This has just continued with the sweetness and I have to say that it is nice, for a change, to read an almost perfectly sweet topic on these forums. It is nice not to have to read the back and forths of people fighting and angry over the topic or over a developed fued. I know, these forums are here to get people talking and discussing, but this was a lovely breath of fresh air.
You all can be so sweet; whether it is sad or tragic, happy or hot, special between just two people, whether the love is long gone or ongoing…ain’t love grand!
 Melynda69
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2008 5:27:55 PM
wow ... beautiful ... wonderful ... thoughfull ..... really enjoyed this thread
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Simple things you remember about someone special - past or present