Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Show interst = leaving, not caring = staying??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vladtepes97
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Show interst = leaving, not caring = staying??Page 1 of 1    
could be a few different reasons.
1. lack of mutual interest.
2. defence mechanism since they probably don't want to think they're somehow lacking. so they try to not be unceremoniously dumped, at least until they can dump you themselves.
 FLSHADOW74
Msg: 5
Show interst = leaving, not caring = staying??
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:08:27 PM
Some of us are just dense, others simply do not get the hint.
Direct communication is always the best.
 Lana Rama
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:34:59 PM
What I think happens is this......when you don't like a guy, your less nervous and are more "yourself." Guys sense this realness and are really turned on by it. Now when you like a guy..you may be nervous, shy, feel awkward, hold back and they sense that too. It always seems that the ones we dont want, want us, and visa virsa! I totally believe its the relaxed attitude.
 DharmaF
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2008 10:02:57 PM

OK guys please explain this to me, since I clearly have no clue. Why is it when I tell a guy that I would like to see him again, had a great time, (and shit he actually get a kiss or two) that guy disappears on me. However when I tell a guy "umm .....thanks" back away when he goes in for the hug, blow him off when he emails/calls or tell him "i dont want to see you again" - those guys are the ones that keep trying to see me agian?

You know what? The same exact thing happens to me when I am b!tchy with guys. My guy friends think it's hysterical & tell me it's because guys like the chase. I think they're crazy.

In fact, if I let my guard down, relax & come off accommodating, it always ends up in disaster. I never hear from THOSE men but sure enough, the guys I was snarky to or kicked just keep showing up or calling.

I'm just surprised we're not getting better answers here on this question. Geeez. Come on guys! You can do better than that!!! LOL
 djrdx
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 2:38:17 AM
the same thing happened to me sorta?
this gal showed me lots of affection, even got a nice kiss goodbye, but, she doesnt want to date
perhaps its the same for both sexes
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Show interst = leaving, not caring = staying??