Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bigsexyteddybear
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOLPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
What do you ladies think? Some men look super sexy with a shaved head, but others look like a pug dog...LOL

So what do you prefer a man with the typical male pattern baldness, such as no hair on top and only on the sides and lower back of the head or known as the 'horseshoe' shape. Or for him to shave it all off or trim it really short?

And no, I am not talking a comb over...ugh!
 justme1201
Msg: 2
Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOL
Posted: 9/30/2008 12:05:54 PM
I think it probably depends on the man, some look fine partially bald, some look even better completely shaved. I personally like men with shaved heads. Especially with goatees ;-)

Comb-overs, I DO NOT GET. Why???? Why????!!!!!!
 texasbaby
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 2:41:32 PM
Just keep it short,, in my opinion. If it's curly,, very short.. Bozo The Clown was not sexy.

tb
 Libby333
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/30/2008 2:48:48 PM
Hmmmmm.... You know......I've had this debate, albeit silently with myself.

There are a couple of men I know who have a tuft of hair at the top of their otherwise bald pate, or a few stragglers at the back. I have often mused over the reasons why they just don't shave it off and be done with it! I think a bald head is perfectly fine and certainly not as uncommon as it was in the days of Yul Brenner.
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/30/2008 3:04:29 PM
Rogain works. Hair transplant. And tons of other things you can do. I don't like bald, I think shorter hair looks ok, but I hate when guys try to hide with their hats. If they hit 40 and still have hair, they know what looks good on them. I would do a computer generated program and check to see how you look with the short hair or totally without.
 jsphn11
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/30/2008 3:16:01 PM
As long as it isn't a comb over, I don't care. I am fine with bald men.
 bigsexyteddybear
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 5:26:59 PM

Rogain works. Hair transplant. And tons of other things you can do. I don't like bald, I think shorter hair looks ok, but I hate when guys try to hide with their hats. If they hit 40 and still have hair, they know what looks good on them. I would do a computer generated program and check to see how you look with the short hair or totally without.

Well after looking at the price tag for my old hair to be moved to the new place and cover most of my head. We were around $25K. For $25K I can go buy a woman that likes bald men...or a new car... LOL... For about $6K I can buy some lady new breasts while she rubs my bald head....LOLOLOL.

I guess its all relative to how much you want to spend. And no Rogain wont help this head, we are way past that. I have the Dr. Phil look.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 5:37:59 PM
I like it when men who are bald or balding have their remaining hair cut very short and have a close-cropped beard or goatee and mustache. Yum!
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/30/2008 5:50:11 PM
The shaved head thing can look good on many men. However, for some of us it just doesn't work. I tried it once because a woman I was dating was into it and it was soooo wrong. I think it has to do with the size of my head compaired to my body. My head is a little small.

But, I have a friend that shaved it and looked fantastic! Sort of like a bad guy pro wrestler LOL. The girls ate it up!
 starry_night
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/30/2008 5:53:40 PM
Shaved or cut short is good....depends on the man.
 jsphn11
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:19:05 PM

shine up the chrome dome and wear it proud!

And you can save on shampoo.... But then you have to dust it..extra work
Just a joke. I don't mind dating a bald man
 bigsexyteddybear
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:44:48 PM
Actually I prefer to think of it as a solar collector for a sex machine...lol...
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:18:36 PM
You have the right attitude, I don't think hair or lack of it will bother you. Keep the $25k too. I hear that buying women is illegal, something about slavery being illegal in the USA.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:38:23 PM
Shave it. The top of your head shouldn't look like a toilet seat.
 bigsexyteddybear
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 11:45:00 PM

The top of your head shouldn't look like a toilet seat.

Well now if that wont be give a lot of men a complex I don't know what will. Oh well at least I can leave my own seat up!

Could come in handy during sex...at least you might know where to plant your butt.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/1/2008 12:08:38 AM
OP, balding does tend to look better short, but it is your hair so wear it however you are most comfortable. However, whatever you do DON'T put it in a ponytail.
 msdenissen3
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/1/2008 11:31:12 AM
I think it can depend on the shape of your skull. Some guys go bald, and like, whoa, bumps and crevices. I think that some people look better with a bit of hair. Look at Will Arnet. He is so cute, yet would be really odd looking if he went total bald. Think about how you want people to feel when you make your first impressions. You will automatically be seen as being a bit bold, bad ass, and blue collar. If you don't mind and it fits your personality, go for it. Bruce Willis does = sexy
 Libby333
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/1/2008 11:46:10 AM
Now, who looks better? Sean Connery or David Gergen?

In a blind taste test, Sean Connery won 8 times out of 10.

Are ya kiddin' here???

rustytraveler
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2008 11:59:43 AM
SHAVE IT!!, SHAVE IT!!, SHAVE IT!!.......neat, tidy and clean....and not falling about anywhere and everywhere. ....can't tell you how many pics I've seen where I wanted to tell them to shave it....most everyone does it in Europe and it looks great!
 ankkka
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/1/2008 5:56:04 PM
Shave it all...and buy some wigs...for everyday different color...
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:30:14 PM
^^^^^ Oh I so totally agree. I think that is the best advice you have gotten.
 Oshun43
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/4/2008 11:30:19 AM
I had to give my opinion on this one..........full head of hair or balding............shave it all off guys if you dare. But I must warn you; there is a correlation between baldness and intelligance so you might be put to the test. Good luck!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:37:20 AM
For me, 'number two' clip all over. I could never, in a million years, ever consider a comb-over (a 'smother' in Aussie slang).
 nikinikaia
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:54:03 AM
I think the man first has to decide what makes him feel good about himself - if the shaved head makes him feel like a pug dog, then why do it?

As far as a woman's perspective, I, too, do not get the comb overs, just trim it and let it be what it is or shave it off.

I like a clean shaven head as well, but I don't turn away if a guy wears his male pattern baldness by either trimming it close or leaving it natural and long. As long as his head/hair is clean it won't detract from looking in his eyes.
 shagrahar3
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:06:27 AM
I'm a hairdresser and I can only speak for my clients and what my clients have said over the years. They are worried about head shape if they do decide to shave it all off. I suggest to take it down to a 1/4 inch( seeing scalp alittle). And see if the head shape is ok to them. Then 9 times out of ten they say shave it all off. To me, it does look cleaner and it's probably easier to take care of...sometimes they end up shaving it themselves at home. Like I said, head shape is the main concern ...oh and ears. It's all personal preference though
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Male Pattern Baldness or Shave It All Off Or Trim It Short (Your Head Only) LOL