Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Date Preparation.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Closing Shop
Msg: 2
Date Preparation.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Great checklist- I love a guy who pays attention in class.

Depending on your expectations (which 3 and 4 suggest are pretty high), make sure you carry mints, condoms and cash. As for the field prep, clean your home, wash your sheets and stock up on some booze. Never hurts to have a movie on standby ("Hey, I just rented ____. Wanna go back and watch it?") but make sure it's a movie you don't really want to watch.
 Closing Shop
Msg: 6
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:08:04 PM
I wouldn't be packing one of those!

THAT kind of preparedness reeks to much like "expectation!"

I think it'd be more of a turn-off to many women.

Do you really think the woman who's up for having sex would be offended that a guy had protection?

Personally, I like garlic and onions. So, I'm not going to avoid them. If she's THAT superficial? No thanks.

Is that superficial? If a person can't arrange for some decent breath on the first date, what does the future hold?
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:46:57 PM
Ok....a few more for ur ck list...
clean ur ears...no woman wants to nibble on ears with wax visible.
clean any piercings if u have them n make sure backs are tight an won't fall off
check corner of ur eyes for eye boogies lol...YUCK
pluck unibrow if u have one
last n final ...use some hand cream so ur alittle softer
 newblue1970
Msg: 11
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/2/2008 5:02:15 AM

And I ended up texting back and forth with a girl I met on POF.

Are you saying that on a 1st date you were TXTing with someone else? Man, talk about having NO CLASS! Even if it was just friends it shows an utter lack of respect to the other person, and its even worse if its another date!

Don't you think ANY date deserves the hour or two of your full attention, even if there wasnt an initial click or spark? Although you got a nice prep list going, go back to Dating 101 to learn about CLASS!
 newblue1970
Msg: 16
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/2/2008 8:10:48 AM

after it was over ...that is what I "ended" up doing.

Ok, that makes better sense. Your initial post made it sounds like it was during the date. Leaving it in the truck is the right thing to do...

I know I have a pet peeve over cell phones. To me it seems like everyone is so much more interested in whats happening where they are NOT than where they are. And during a date that is really bad manners. It would totally turn me off if a date is stuck to her phone. For me, the only legitmate call to take is from a babysitter.
 very happy camper
Msg: 20
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/2/2008 1:29:34 PM
Don't forget to masturbate. You saw Something About Mary didn't you!
 Closing Shop
Msg: 21
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/2/2008 2:09:01 PM
I do NOT assume that she will want to have sex on the first date.

So, I'm not gonna be prepared like THAT! Just not gonna happen.

If there isn't a chance in hell that you'd have sex with someone on the first date, then you don't need condoms. But if you would be willing to have sex with her if she were willing, why wouldn't you want to be prepared? If it's cloudy outside I might bring an umbrella with me, not because I assume the weather forecasters know what they're talking about but because I know the potential for rain is there and I want to have protection IF it should fall.

And to clarify, about garlic and onions. I meant while ON the date!

For example, Artichoke heart and spinach dip, most times has both in it. And I like this dip, especially at Red Robin. So, I'm not going to avoid it. She's just gonna have to deal with. However, she will probably be eating it too. So, things should be fine.

I love that attitude: "She's just gonna have to deal with." No she doesn't. She can think to herself, "If this guy wants to kiss me, why didn't he have enough sense to order one of the 50 items that doesn't contain garlic?" and then skip the good night kiss as well as any future kisses. It's an issue of consideration. Garlic really clings to me so I'll try to avoid it for at least two days prior to a date. I really couldn't blame a guy for dumping me if I had pungent breath on the first date.

Oh, and the pineapple juice comments are from another thread in which it was stated that it improves the flavor of semen. Speaking of which, would you have any problem with a woman if a pungent aroma emanated from her vagina on the first date?
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 25
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/2/2008 5:20:39 PM
1.) Stayed away from garlic, onions and ,of coarse, bacon strips all day.

2.) Picked out the clothes I wanted to wear and inspected them for stains or foul smells. Especially my boxers. And they are all white...so hard to miss.

3.)Shaved. Because no woman wants to be kissing on sand paper. And you never know when there might be some "clitoris stimulation" going on.

4.) "let my monkey know he was a bad boy" because its been a while and I don't want to have any "quick" disappointments for either or us. (for those that didn't catch it, spanked him)

5.) Showered. Made sure to clean every square inch of my body. Even the round and cylinder inches got cleaned.

6.) Got dressed. Thanks to this forum, again inspected all my clothing as I put it on. Just in case. I don't need anyone telling me I need to take a shower.

7.) Cologne.....Not too much but just enough to smell it. (and an extra spray on my lower end...thanks to this forum)

8.) Did my hair. Brushed my teeth. Cleaned my glass eye and shaved my butt. ( just kidding.....i do that in the mornings...lol)

1. Clean your place - in case you bring her back to your crib
2. Turn your cell phone off - so you have no distractions
3. Bring her flowers (not on a 1st date maybe on the 3rd)
4. Plan the date for the woman and tell her in advance so she knows what to wear
5. Have coffee to offer her in the morning - in case she sleeps over
6. Leave nice music on at your place - so when you come home you already have the mood started (and pull the shades down in advance)
7. Have candles with matches ready to go in the bedroom - just in case
8. Prepare mentally for the date
- Be relaxed and stressful (don't bring your job stress to the date)
- Think romance - holding hands, kiss on the check when you greet
- Laugh, smile be open and happy

I got some to add.

1. Make sure you clean the dirt out under your fingers.

2. be respectful.

3. Take a dump before yo shower so that nothing "happens" during the date.

4. Get a full tank of gas, just n case.

5. don't ask her to FU CK on the first date, save that for later, but brng the rubber just n case

6. Be a gentleman.

7. If your eating, don't be a slob, it's disgusting
 passionteman
Msg: 36
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:08:35 AM
I thought we were supposed to do all of those on regular basis for ourselves 'cause we love ourselves.

But...................

That's just me.
 jackster121
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:55:20 AM
In addition to the above, i always make sure my apartment is very clean and tidy and i spray body spray (not too strong) on my sheets and pillow cases, just in case. I have gotten compliments on my fresh smelling sheets.
 dub08
Msg: 39
Date Preparation.
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:50:13 AM
Wow - I shower, get dressed and put my makeup on - done deal in 30 minutes!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Date Preparation.