Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Waste of time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Waste of timePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Shug, there are plenty of people that make serious wonderful connections...

I made a bad one for three years, but then I also found the sweety of my life from here.

Took almost a full year, but when we met, we knew.....
 Kaye4u
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Waste of time
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:56:47 PM
I personally know two people who have recently been married and they contacted their significant other on the internet, so I guess it can work.
cheers
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Waste of time
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:57:47 PM

lucky me have meet more than a few rather swell men;
Gee .. kinda verifies what Op is talkin about when he says:
Maybe because there are just so many people on here that a person will never get serious and go from person to person .
Cause he was asking if any body had:
ever had a successful relationship from a dating site?
I guess it depends on what your defintion of "successful" is.
 Xcen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Waste of time
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:54:16 PM
OP
You have been looking here for TWO WEEKS????? And havent scored the woman of your dreams??? I bet you keep approaching the wrong type ladies,,,you know, the ladies that adore a patient man. You need to search for that rare minority of women who swoon over a guy with no patience, a hot temper, and an attitude.
 spiced right
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Waste of time
Posted: 10/1/2008 10:14:25 PM
YOU KNOW WHAT??? I think YOU should give it some more time. REALIZE something here...SOME people aren't who they pretend to be. Consider yourself LUCKY that you haven't been snatched up by some F A K E!! Lets face it...you have waited a lifetime to find that person who is JUST RIGHT FOR YOU!! Surely that person is worth waiting for a little longer. She will come...and right on time. I have been on here for a little over a month and I haven't found that SOMEONE SPECIAL yet. But hey, I have met a couple of JERKS, but for the most part I have formed some new friendships. Who knows, friendships could lead to something else. PEACE
 osocute
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Waste of time
Posted: 10/2/2008 10:02:58 AM
Wow pirate, I highly doubt your profile will attract anyone even a milf. You don't need people, a romantic relationship disgusts you, you can't keep a daily work schedule, you never want to marry, have kids or be in a committed relationship. I realize you're just looking for an intimate encounter but your profile is a huge turnoff, even for that.
 ladyc4
Msg: 17
Waste of time
Posted: 10/2/2008 10:59:21 AM

Has anybody ever had a successful relationship from a dating site?

Yes they have. It happens every day. They also have unsucessful ones. They date. They make friends.
But it takes more than 2 weeks, as a general rule. Anyone who "hits the jackpot" right away, usually is extremely good looking and financially well off, or horrifically desperate and willing to settle for anything they can get. For the average joe or jane, it takes longer, sometimes takes several tries,and remember, we all are becoming increasingly self reliant. Women don't "need" men to support them, they don't "need" dates to "get out of the house". Men don't "need" women to cook and clean for them, younger men also know that picking the WRONG woman to marry and have kids with can lead to both of them being screwed over ROYALLY in terms of social and material status...
And don't just base your timewasting on the Internet. Get out and do things with real people. If you stupidly think the "bar scene" is the only other place to have social type interactions with other people, then you are your own biggest problem.
Cindy O
 osocute
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Waste of time -- Response to osucute's post MSG 16
Posted: 10/2/2008 11:37:55 AM
I'm sorry pirate, you took my posting waaaay too seriously dude. I obviously hit a nerve and no, don't apologize for not being my type, I was never interested. My reason for posting was that I don't think you're qualified to answer his ? after reading your profile, you are way too negative in your thinking. I didn't "abuse" you. Look up the meaning of the word. I was physically and verbally abused by both of my exes but you don't see me being a downer in life. Your all of 29 for goodness sakes! Grow up. I will answer the OP question. I have a very good friend, a co-worker who met her husband on Friend finders. They fell in love and got married 4 years ago when she was 60! They are extremely happy. Yes it does happen but it's rare in my opinion.
 osocute
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2008 12:01:52 PM
Go read his profile that's all and no I'm not judge or jury, god u posters are unbelievable. Just bash if u want to make yourself feel superior. Who asked u if there was a vote anyway. Freedom of speech baby.
 nexthyme
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Waste of time
Posted: 10/2/2008 2:45:58 PM
This thread has turned from really sad, to down right mean.

I don't understand the flaming, nor do I understand the "black and white" of internet dating. This isn't a place that you come, look over the merchandise, then tag and bag anyone that seems like your type; THUS it doesn't work out well for some people.

IT does take patiences, and NOT taking offense to people who are like some massive tornado that come blasting in out of no where, do massive amounts of damage, then blasting off into yet another county.

There are all walks of life of people, and all people at different stages and places in their life.

If a a person has negativity, and it is glaring, they have less of a chance of finding what they are looking for, than someone who is lite hearted, and only sees this as a YET another means to meet someone.

I have met LOTS of people as a result of the internet, both men and women, and NO these were NOT sexual encounters, but were people who deem me worth being their friend, even if we lives states or even countries away. I find that to be very valuable, and worth my time, as well as theirs because sometimes making friends in mid life can be more challenging then when we were younger...

I truly find it sad when people have something flaming to say. I also find it sad that people don't realize some of this people don't mean a damn thing in the scheme of things. I have been flamed on these threads, and not one of these people have made or broke my life, simply because what they had to say didn't mean all that much.

I have long learned that there are negative people out there, and they will flame even the nicests, well intended. Perhaps I am niave, but it would be so nice if people stuck to the thread questions, instead of going into mean attack mode.

Believe me, I have read plenty of threads where the person was just being a jerk, and was looking to get a rise out of others... I don't think the OP was out for that, but rather has reached a point of pure frustration....

Since he's left the building, I wish him well in his search..

Thatguy67
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Waste of time
Posted: 10/3/2008 2:24:59 PM
but what does MILF mean?

MILF? ....that just only means Mother I'd Like to F*$%ck.......

another term you might hear is "yummy mummy" and so forth.

I hope this helps.....

AAcanoe
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/3/2008 5:34:10 PM
This is my first post. I've enjoyed reading these forums. I liked Jabberwocky's take - from the experienced perspective. So I'll give you my inexperienced perspective for some contrast and just because I am ready to post.

I'm more of a newby to the world of online dating. I jumped on here last spring. I was married and then in a longtime relationship for the last two decades so this was an opportunity to "refire the neurons" I guess is how I viewed it.

I've posted on this site and also the cupid site. It's been interesting meeting new people. I dated throughout the spring and summer. I felt like a college co-ed again!Most men were gentlemen. I have had some funny and unusual dates, smooched a few times and had a lot of fun this summer. I haven't met anyone who bowled me over, but I did get a big fat crush on a swing dancing history buff with a cute dog but he "just wasn't that into me" so that fizzled!!

Someone earlier in this thread made a very valid point - this internet gig is best viewed as simply another opportunity to meet (hopefully) quality people. (I honestly believe that in 20 years from now, any stigma that currently remains over online dating will be no longer. It's a perfectly legitimate tool to meet people in this day and age.) But I for one strongly recommend that we view it as one of MANY ways to interact with others.

Also, I am going to agree with Jabberwocky's take on Pirate. This young man has walked through and continues to move through his dark side. And this will hopefully lead him to his personal truth, peace, understanding and compassion for others. He sounds like he already has developed so much compassion for all of his fellow brothers and sisters! And my humble opinion is that anyone who is open to personal growth like that deserves respect. He's 29! I for one was not even close to that level of self-awareness when I was that age. I hope he continues to give and expect respect and compassion.

Ok - going to climb down off of my metaphysical high horse!

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend wherever you are.

Peace and love

Andrea

Oh - what is an OP?
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Waste of time