Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do young guys hit on older women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mthomjmark
Msg: 2
Why do young guys hit on older women?Page 1 of 1    

I've been on POF since about January. In the months that I have been here I have had on average atleast one much younger man a week seriously hitting on me. Some have been pretty aggressive about it. We're talking 15-20 years younger here. Some of these guys are literally my kids age. Now I would maybe understand this if I had a really hot body...but I don't. And I wish I could say I still look 25 or 30...but again...I don't.
To top it all off alot of these young men have in their profile that they are looking for "mrs" right and want children. I'm 41 y/o...do they really expect to get that with me?

So what's up with the whole older woman thing? I mean I'm flattered...but slightly disturbed.

First of all at your age you are being very naive; about 2/3 of the guys in real life are players or cheaters or just want a good time; they will say anything to get it; the internet is worse. You know how to tell if most guys are lying? when their lips move.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Why do young guys hit on older women?
Posted: 10/5/2008 6:09:09 AM
I have been dating men who are younger than me but I draw the line with if they are young enough for me to have given birth to them.. One of these men I went out with last winter is getting married to an older woman this month.

I am seeing more and more couples where the woman is like 10+ years older than the guy. Met a couple night before last where she is 10 years older and yesterday at a wedding one of the groomsman is 20 years younger than his wife.

I think some are in for what they percieve is an easy lay.. (they have no idea that we are about six steps ahead of them.. buahahah).. other's I think feel that younger women are high maintenance and have too much drama and too many hormones and then there is the experience factor.. the life experience factor. Older women usualy have established careers and a stable income also.
 clasact
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Why do young guys hit on older women?
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:41:28 AM
Some young idiots email just to see if they can get a response and some are serious. Just because they email you doesn't mean they aren't, doesn't mean they are. Some will hit on anyone who is female and has a pulse.

And frankly, I have no intentions of striking up an ongoing conversation with a man (romantically) who is young enough to be my child, only because I'm not interested in much younger men more than 5 MAYBE 6-7 years younger it would depend. Mostly men who are around my age to 5-7 years older, again that would depend on certain factors. I don't take these youngin's seriously only because I'm not interested. There are some women who do though.

There are some women interested in much younger men *shrugs* each to their own.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do young guys hit on older women?