Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > For the women who really love dancing...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 1
view profile
History
For the women who really love dancing...Page 1 of 1    
What does it really do for ya?

I've had one woman tell me that good dancing is like having good sex standing up.
Is this close?

I know I've experienced lots of nice smiles & many a thank you from the women I've danced with.
So... Ladies...what's really going on inside you when you are really enjoying the dance?
 DreamDancer44
Msg: 2
For the women who really love dancing...
Posted: 10/5/2008 3:36:09 PM
I agree that it depends on the type of dance. I think people see dancing and ump to the conclusion that it's the crap you see in so many clubs today. Rubbing your "naughty bits" on a behind is not dancing nor is it sexy, lol.

I enjoy dance, ballroom type stuff, Latin, [which is in the ballroom category], jazz, lyrical etc etc. I enjoy it because it's more of a free form of exercise. I also love music so it's a great way of combining two great things.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 3:44:15 PM
Thank You Ladies

I'm off to do some swing dance lessons. Wonderful group of people there!
Love to dance with all of you lovely ladies right now!

Catch ya later...
 cotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:06:32 PM
I've been a Western Style Square Dancing since 1969 and doing the Cued Ballroom dancing (we call it "round dancing") that we do with the Square Dancing for almost as long. After my divorce, I was in a 6-year relationship with one of the local cuers and not only increased my abilities but also helped him teach.

That means I can do Regular Two-Step, Slow Two-Step, Rumba, Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Jive, Waltz.

I've had one woman tell me that good dancing is like having good sex standing up.
Is this close?
No ... it's not like having good sex standing up.

For me, dancing is a hobby and the better my partner can dance ... the more fun it is. Dancing wires me ... it energizes me. I consider a man who knows his way around the dance floor ... very appealing. Most men (not all) are easy-going, friendly men and not at all snobs. So that makes it fun to be with them too.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/5/2008 6:24:24 PM
Oh a guy that actually knows how to dance is very sexy. I'm not talking about the white man's overbite or the Elaine Bennis school of dance either.

If you don't know what the white man's overbite is, here is the definition:

A style of dance found among the rhythmless, the elderly, and as the name says, white males. Often lampooned by comedians, and frequently seen in films like Revenge of the Nerds, you will find this dance being done by someone's father, grandfather, or uncle at almost any wedding, Bar Mitzvah, Sweet Sixteen, or -- if you are Irish -- wake.

The best part about it is, you don't even have to worry about keeping time, because it looks just as good no matter what!

Here's how you do it:

1. Stick your butt out to the right
2. Put your elbows against your sides, but stick your arms both out to the left
3. Switch the directions that your arms and butt are pointing. Repeat

And now, for the piece de resistance:

4. place your top front teeth on the outside of your bottom lip, all while repeating the steps above.

There are many variations to this dance, but the aforemtioned is the traditional styles. You may choose to add kicks, punches, or other hip dance moves to accent yourself while you get down. Even a little air guitar is acceptable.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:55:34 PM
I'm back...

Those are some great responses from you ladies....thank you!

The lesson went well.
I almost can't wait to get out again!

Hey...if you can believe it... I had my best dance & hit it off the best with a very nice red head lady who must have been about six foot two.

The Boogie Woogie Bugale Boy of Compant B...
I just love dancing to that song with a good partner who can really move...
 arwen52
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 11:03:10 PM
At the very least, it's a lot of fun. At its best, it's transcendental - pure ecstasy. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I'm very cerebral, very verbal, and I love getting out of my head and into my body. It's a great way to communicate with another human being. It's like sex in that it's this great physical interaction with another human being but without the eroticism and you can do it with lots of different people without having barriers of age, marital status, jealousy, STDs, etc. And it's only a commitment of a few minutes.

Mostly I contra dance (traditional American barn dancing) but I also do swing, polka, waltz, Cajun, hambo, and some ballroom. When I have a partner who is an exceptional lead, I feel like a Ferrari in the hands of a good driver. At moments I feel as if I am flying or floating.

Guys - remember, 90% of women like to dance, 90% of men don't. Do the math.

Bottom line - it's a lot of fun and it makes me feel really good.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/7/2008 4:32:19 PM
Most of my dancing isn't done with a partner, but I love it. I love music and it's good exercise. If I want to have sex, then I have sex, not dance. Dancing is a separate matter for me....once in a GREAT while I might slow dance with someone I am actually dating, and Salsa sort of leaves you no choice, but it's rare.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > For the women who really love dancing...