Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > specifying one race over another      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 2
view profile
History
specifying one race over anotherPage 1 of 1    
"Feedback would be great."

I'd put any preferences in a short paragraph about the type of person you'd like to meet.
 sillious
Msg: 3
view profile
History
specifying one race over another
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:40:51 PM
Ooh that's rough. I got an email from a white woman who was looking for a black man (i.e., me) and used a lot of language that turned me right off. Different interests, all wrong. And I've seen profiles, black and white. that seem just my type, but they're looking for some other race. Pisses me off both ways.

I wish I could tell you to just 'get over it' and be open to any race, but after looking over you profile it's really about as nicely done as that kind of thing can be. Good luck.
 Almond Girl
Msg: 4
specifying one race over another
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:01:08 PM
If you must mention your "preferences", it might be best to make it seem more happenstance and less, eh...on purpose.

I made a joke out of my less-than-powerful attraction to musclebound guys.

Instead of...

"I only date ___ men",

how about...

"I usually go for ___ men."

It's the same statement, same message, but the latter makes you seem honest and self-assessing, whereas the former (and truer) means you've completely cancelled out an entire race of men based on the color of their skin.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > specifying one race over another