Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Stood up......again.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Grumpy Barbie
Msg: 1
Stood up......again.Page 1 of 1    
I don't understand. I go through the motions, as I suspect most people do. We exchange a few messages through POF, then we talk on the phone and then we set up a first date/meeting. Then, they don't show up. Why? The only explinations I get are that there must have been a missunderstanding, "I thought you were going to call me" or "something came up I'm sorry" But these are always messages through POF, never text, never a phone call!!
I decided to take my picture off of POF today, just to see what happens. I'm pretty sure I know what's going to happen, no mail/male So, what's the deal, I just don't get it!?
Now during these phone conversations there's always a lot of talk about life, the ex's and everything. So could they be married? Maybe. But what about the other ones? This is taxing on me nerves (yes I said me)
Any insight? Also, before it's asked, I'll answer, NO. I don't give second chances. If you have my number, use it, right? You don't leave someone sitting there.
 Grumpy Barbie
Msg: 2
Stood up......again.
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:14:20 PM
Maybe I will have to wave good bye in a month. But I tried the "here's my picture, here's me" and that's not working, somethings got to give.
 Ron9
Msg: 3
Stood up......again.
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:17:43 PM
Well Grumpy ........ grumpy ...... humm ....... grumpy

I gotta ask ....... did you also change your user name today ...... you know when you put that rant in your profile.

----

I don't think being grumpy and rants in your profile will make things any better ...... do you?
 Grumpy Barbie
Msg: 4
Stood up......again.
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:19:05 PM
lostgirl71 ~ I'm sorry for your loss.
I always get the explination as I stated "I thought you were going to call, something came up" Whatever. I never do the follow up call when I'm stood up. I just wait for the explination. So I don't yell at anyone, and I don't make assumptions because the truth of the matter is that I don't know why they didn't show.

I'm not narrow minded, no need for insults eh! Did you come here to bash, or advise?

Seeing as you asked, I removed my picture because I'd like to try things a different way.
 Grumpy Barbie
Msg: 5
Stood up......again.
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:21:36 PM
OMG, people..........I didn't post the question to get pissed on! I asked a question, so if you don't have the answer....what are you doing exactly, over attacking me?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Stood up......again.