Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What gives?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What gives?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Shug, that happens to a lot of us... We don't have to meet a person on line to have this shit happen...

I have had it happen several times...

What could have happened, since none of us has an accurate crystal ball, OR don't know how to scry... He had some other fish on the line that he liked just as well. He wasn't over the last gal, and all the sudden felt this rush of things going way to fast, so he bailed, because he isn't ready to get over his last love.

YES, he could be checked out on drugs, and worse than you know about.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED with turds like this, is that even as wonderful as they are able to act for the short while, there is their REAL LIFE, that will pop up, and they realize it will only be a matter of time before you catch on to it.

It is gutless, and shitty to treat another person so inconsiderately, but believe me he has done you a MONSTER favor by leaving stage left.

Let yourself feel hurt, and what ever emotions you are feeling... Then wake up one day, and ask yourself are you any less of a wonderful person before you met him, then you are today???

My guess is that you are still the same wonderful person, just with a dent in your ego...

He could have been the one, and he also could have been the freak that f#$Ked your life up worse than it has ever been, or YOU could imagine. You don't know either way, and since his action are of such poor behavior, I would be betting on the latter, simply because are really great guy has the balz to say why they are walking away...

Good luck shug, YOU deserve the best, and he didn't give you that...
 saggy ass and saggy tits
Msg: 4
What gives?
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:47:54 AM
I love reading the forums.
This story with different players you read all the time. It is unreal how many people just dissapear from the face of the earth and you have no idea of what happened.
I guess both sexes doing it.
I dont know how can we trust anyone on here.
OP im really sorry that had to happen to you. In my oppinion the guy is a total looser to handle the cituation that way. If he had a problem grow some balls and deal with it.
 Diadora
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What gives?
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:19:08 AM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if they called and told you precisely "why"? And if wishs were horses beggers would ride.
Look, it is important to know for yourself what you are going into a relationship for and what is the right point to have sex at in that relationship. Certainly there are some men and women who are just out for the score. But most arn't. Most are just looking for the person to connect with that make them feel good.
-Were the converations good?
-Was the time together good?
-Was the sex satisfying?
If you can say yes to all of these..... then be content. If you twisted yourself around in any of these 3 areas in hopes of getting something more... a promise, a LTR etc then YOU have done yourself a disservice.

Yes, he may have been a player. You can't do anything about him either way. All you can do is access your part in the drama and make approriate changes to prepare for the future.
 Vannili
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What gives?
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:29:26 AM
I am sorry about your experienced with this guy, I hope the next one is a better person than this guy. Good Luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What gives?