Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Stocks seriously down globally.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oddandy
Msg: 6
Stocks seriously down globally.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

THIS IS NEW WORLD ORDER !
THE REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH , MAKING THE BIGGEST CROOKS IN THE WORLD THE NEW KINGS AND QUEENS OF THE WORLD. !!!

tHE WORLD IS FULL OF KINGS AND QUEENS , BLINDING YOUR EYES AND STEALING YOUR DREAMS.
IT'S HEAVEN AND HELL...

and so it begins.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 9
Stocks seriously down globally.
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:33:40 AM
I have no debt! I have no stock investments! I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. Doesn't mean times won't be hard, but I am definately not going to just fall apart.
 oddandy
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:23:18 PM
^^^I wish that could be pounded into people's heads until they got it.
 4UMaybe
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 4:38:49 PM
The price of gold looked pretty nice today.
Buy low sell high
 Padawan61
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 8:37:38 PM
The price of gold looked pretty nice today.
Buy low sell high

The price of gold is $860US an ounce today. How is that "looked pretty nice"??? If your motto is buy low, sell high ... then you've missed the boat on gold. You want to buy gold when everyone is jumping on the bandwagon?? Warren Buffett's strategy is to jump in when everyone else is heading for the hills ... like now.

This is a great time to buy .It could be many years before a similar opportunity like this presents itself again

Good advice ... I'm still buying during this "fire" sale.
 raxarsr
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:49:00 PM
this whole mess started because people use credit like cash.........seriously.....think about it................its not the major purchases that wiped most people out..........its the day to day cost of living that they pay with creditcards....maxxing out the credit and paying only intrest.............right now...i'm willing to bet that in america..........and just the population...........not the government.............owes more money than actually exists.....credit companys keep offering credit to anyone who pays the INTREST..not the princapal.......younger people ....[under 35]...want it all....and want it now................they think nothing of buying a $25k car.........while trying to pay off a $300k house.........then charging a weeks vaction to vegas or disney world.....buy furniture on credit.......and raise a family........sure..everyone wants the good life......but come on............YOU CANT SPEND MORE THAN YOU EARN!................thats basic math...................this "depression"..........is basically the same as the panics in the late 1800's.........banks would lend out depositors money and charge intrest on it..........use part of that money to pay the depositors intrest.........everything goes fine till something happens that scares the depositors and they try to withdraw their money......[like the ship "central america" sinking with a cargo of government gold].........the bank doesnt have the money to cover the withdraws..............poof..................a panic ensues and the bank closes.......................blame whoever you want........but.....if you have a huge credit debit.......look in a mirror................thats the person to blame
 d0rene
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 7:05:43 PM
And to think, they were fighting to put all of the social security money into stocks. What would have happened then?
 Padawan61
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 11:31:05 PM
I hope in this time of great loss, everyone will remember, all that counts in this world is the love you have in your heart and the goodness you share with others.

Live life , give love and share happiness. The bastar*S can take our homes, money and jobs, but we are resourceful, we will find a way, don't ever let them take your spirit

What way would that be?? Love and goodness in your heart is fine and dandy but it won't pay the monthly bills ... put food on the table ... nor will it fund your retirement. The guy at the gas station or grocery store would still like to be paid in cash ... he doesn't care how much love and goodness is in your heart.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 12:50:17 PM
I'm really worried about having too much money in one place. Have most in bonds My sister, who does the books for hubbie, self employed, thinks that money should be split due to insurance from banks. What does anyone else think about this? Am I worrying about nothing?
Should add that I'm not rich, comfortably off, money at mo would be for retirement.
 Padawan61
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 8:08:22 PM
In no way am I saying " all you need is love", but I am saying their are some people out their in very bad circumstances. Some are taking their own lives. That is a very sad aspect to the reality of this.

Don't let the moment be stronger than your will to rise above this

There's no bad or unworkable circumstances that worth taking your own life for. Unfortunately, in this doom and gloom environment, despair feeds upon itself and creates further doom and gloom. People should let cooler heads prevail but they don't ... they get caught up in the frenzy.

Of course I could be a real rat bas**rd and declare no hope for any of us, which
do you think is better?

Sometimes, I don't think there's hope for this world. It's good that you believe there is.
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2008 3:42:39 AM
Actually its time to purchase lots certian stocks actually because the panic makes people dump stocks that are still undervalued. Bear market of 2008 will recover slowly, and 401k is retirement money. Some people dont get pensions so they have to put aside money into 401k.
Stocks over the long term make more money than other investments. When a return compounds 6% yearly over 40 year span its beats inflation easily. Buying and selling stocks, bonds and diverfication is good thing because one can balance the other out.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Stocks seriously down globally.