Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Bizarre Situation      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Bizarre SituationPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
She is NOT wanting to drag you into a situation that she doesn't know if it would turn volatile, thus she felt she could reason with him.

Here is my question, did she come from family chaos???

People who come from families of Chaos, are NOT as weary, or afraid as they should be of chaotic situations...

Tell her the guy needs serious help, because he is OBSESSED with her, and that is an extremely dangerous situation with a drunk, mentally imbalanced person. He can have any number of mental, or personality disorders, which NEITHER of you are able to fix.

She needs a restraining order against this man, because in reality you and her are in danger if he becomes any more irrational. Even if she disagrees, let her know you need this for YOUR OWN piece of mind, because despite how safe SHE MAY feel, you don't...

Good luck
 no_1_bby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Bizarre Situation
Posted: 10/7/2008 2:52:58 PM
Yikes.

She can block his calls. Let campus security know this guy is stalking her (what else do you call this kind of behaviour??)... let the municipal police know he's stalking her... get a restraining order... have her change her phone number...

There are soooo many things you can do here...
 old_time_cowgirl
Msg: 10
Bizarre Situation
Posted: 10/7/2008 3:14:36 PM
I had a guy like that. Ignoring them, telling them to go away...it doesn't work. The cops had to get involved in my situation for it to end. Then he came back a year later with them same problems. I had a guy friend fix it that time...lol, it never happend again. Get her out of that situation as soon as you can. She'll hate you for it for a while, but she'll get over it. I say, call the cops.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Bizarre Situation
Posted: 10/7/2008 5:06:52 PM
OP...everyone has the same views about your girl...You need to step back and see if she is worth what she is putting you through. The guy very well is stalking her but is she incouraging it??? She surely isn't helping by recieving his texts and meeting up with him. If there really isn't any attraction from her end towards him then she needs to cut it clean....block his calls/texts, contact campus security, and under no circumstances meet with him. If he still continues then I would suggest she get a restraining order. Sounds to me like there was more than just a kiss shared specially if she knows so much about him. So OP I ask you again is she worth the games she is playing to possibly cause you bodily harm from this individual??? not to mention the mental harm she is placing on you.....Think about it
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 17
Bizarre Situation
Posted: 10/7/2008 5:43:34 PM
Is this your first real relationship to form such a "bond" in 6 weeks? There are plenty of things your gf could do to stop this guy from contacting her if she wanted. She likes the drama. If this guy is suicidal, then tell her to contact his parents or whoever and let them deal with it.
 horses44
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Bizarre Situation
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:37:09 PM
^^^^^^

Carolann - I am convinced you and I have some sort of mental telepathy going on since neither one of us is stalking each other...

OP, what Carolann said - if this guy is as much of a looney as she claims, then campus security and cops are involved - not running around in the middle of the night
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 21
Bizarre Situation
Posted: 10/7/2008 10:06:21 PM
I would question whether she's being honest with you about her relationship with him, in the past and present.

Often the young woman has more involvement with this other male - than she's willing or able to allow you to know.

She may be ashamed of having been with him.
She may not want you to think or know she was.
She may just be wanting to keep you content and at peace.

My tip off here was her behavior - after YOU left her.
I don't know of any girls her age who would kiss their boyfriend good night, then spend hours providing companionship and comfort to a stalker who weirds her out.

Something doesn't ring true there.
If she did in fact spend that much time with him - she's not creeped or weirded out by him, she's into him in some way. As a friend, an ex, a buddy or something.

He won't hurt her.
And if she's sending him mixed messages by sitting with him and holding his hand after you have left her for the night???

Draw your own conclusions.
But all is not as it appears.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 26
Bizarre Situation
Posted: 10/8/2008 5:26:15 PM

You have to question the mentality of a girl that has no problem getting into a vehicle with a drunken suicidal obsessed man in the middle of the night riding around with him telling him he's disgusting

See? This is my point.
A girl wouldn't do that.

Which makes me question if the GUY really is all those things, or if she simply told the OP this, so he wouldn't be jealous and concerned about her spending time with him.

Come on, ladies, from time to time, you have made a male friend sound like a big loser just so the guy you are seeing doesn't get jealous of him and stop you from seeing him.

At these kids age?

Fess up!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Bizarre Situation