Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it acceptable to date after divorce?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wildman46
Msg: 3
When is it acceptable to date after divorce?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
When you change your profile from seperateed to divorce.
 platypus_man
Msg: 5
view profile
History
When is it acceptable to date after divorce?
Posted: 10/9/2008 1:28:58 AM
My ex was dating while I was still married. She felt it was acceptable to her. So, decide how soon is right for you. Everyone's different. Took me years to even think of dating again.
 VAPurr
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/9/2008 4:27:52 AM
There are support groups for separated and divorced people.

The problem with these groups is they are full of people that pray on you.

It is ok to date when you want but the dating will go better after you resolved issues that you have with the marraige.

I have found the universe will keep sending you the same people until you get it.

The decision to date is when you feel ok to date. There is no real rule.

Try not to get involved again too fast.

One big rule is that there may a 30 day period to file an appeal.

I saw one women lose her alimony over that.

VAPurr
 Wildman46
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/9/2008 6:13:51 AM
If you find the judge that signs the divorce papers attractive....it's perfectly ok to ask him out.
 jackster121
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 8:53:00 AM
i am separated and my wife has been out of the hous for a year+, she stopped sleeping in "our" bed 2 yrs. before that. The day she said she was going to start looking for a place, I took off my ring. It was over then and there. Plus I didn't want to have that nasty ring line that some women can spot a mile away. I list my self as separated in my profile. She does not. On her profiles on 2 other sites she is liste as single.
 sydneyleigh
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 1:48:28 PM
It's acceptable to date (read: enjoy the company of a man in public) once you are legally separated - most separation agreements contain language to that effect.

Those relationships will be your "feeling it out" period for the most part.

I'd say enjoy the time, date different people, find new hobbies, or expand on the ones you already have. Don't expect yourself to be ready for something long term, but if you find yourself in a great relationship, don't shy away from it simply because of a final decree.

"Acceptable time" is really what your gut tells you. If you feel like having dinner with a man, just do it. Not gonna hurt a thing.

~sydneyleigh
 keebler5485
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/11/2008 3:20:18 AM
When you feel the need to date. Hang out with some friends and flirt a bit then see what reactions you get.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When is it acceptable to date after divorce?