Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Reading a guy's forum posts      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 2
Reading a guy's forum postsPage 1 of 1    
Depend how interested in him. I usual look at one or two post if the thread title is interesting. Yes, it can show red flags, and has in the past.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 3
Reading a guy's forum posts
Posted: 10/10/2008 8:45:23 AM
Honestly, most men from my area don't know where the forums are, let alone post anything in them.

Guess that says a lot about this area, lol.

But yes, if I liked someone from around here that actually posted in forums, I'd read them and his profile to gain a better undertanding of him. Sometimes it'd be impressive, sometimes I'd learn something that turns me off I am sure...you never know.
 clasact
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:33:45 AM

Honestly, most men from my area don't know where the forums are, let alone post anything in them.
Hee, hee, *DJChickie*, most of the men in my entire state don't know where the forums are, let alone post in them.

OT: Yes, I do read forum posts from a profile and sometimes even bring up their posting "history". It sometimes will give you a better insight as to how a person thinks. Note, I said, "sometimes". There was one post I recall reading of someone I had messaged with, after I read it, what interest I had at the time, plummeted to zero.

After I read the post, I had wondered WHY he had even asked me out.....which by the way, I didn't go and won't go in the future should he ask again.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/10/2008 12:19:34 PM
Not a chick... But my forum posts have actually netted me more mail from women.

Granted... They're all women that are forum-goers themselves, who commented on my sense of black humor, and otherwise loved my posts... But hey... at least someone's noticing me enough to send me a message about it, right?

If a woman reads my posts, and it compells her to send me a message about how she likes them - there's no way that's a bad thing to have on my profile, right? (My posting history that is)
 DreamDancer44
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/10/2008 1:37:21 PM
Want2Trut is definitely onto something.
I myself have read peoples forum posts and have been turned off by them.

I didn't meet my ex online. But after we started dating, we'd email each other and I'd see things he'd post in forums of his particular interests. He'd always tell me to go check them out lol. If I had read those before going out with him. I wouldn't have gone out with him. Since he's an ex it's too bad I didn't see those posts before dating him lol. But I can definitely see where Want2Trust is coming from.
 Diadora
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 1:47:41 PM
I read his forum posts.
The big flag is when he says one thing in his profile and his posts he acts totally differently. If I am very curious I will email and ask how one fits into the other.
Who we say we are and what we say should go hand in hand. If they don't it points to someone not knowing the self very well.....
 c_deacon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 3:21:44 PM
Most of my friends on here are from the forums.......but not my dates.......sad to say........

Wonder if that has more to do with distance and availability, over the words I say when I post???

Just my opinion.......
 bucsgirl
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/10/2008 3:41:53 PM
If someone that contacts me has forum posts, then I definitely take a look at them. Also at least scan the profile before I reply.

IMO forum posts are a much clearer insight into someone's personality, POV and mindset than any written profile could be.

"I think it should be a requirement that anyone that posts a profile on POF should also participate in the forums, a check and balance sort of tool - it would/should substantiate their profile, or fill in the missing pieces. "

I agree this is a fantastic idea, however requiring things of users would keep people from joining. Forum participation (last I saw posted) is around 5%, but I do think that forum participation is an added plus. It either confirms the overall impression their profiles gives off or contradicts it almost completely. Either way is good IMO.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Reading a guy's forum posts