Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What do I do ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnboy242
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What do I do ???Page 1 of 1    
Just split after a 14 year relationship.We had 2 boys 4 and 9. They are my life I am very involved in my 9 year old activities boy scouts, swimming,karate and many other.Anyway we split on august 15 08 and I havent seen them since.

She spilt to portland,80 miles to the north. I dont know where they are or even if they are OK. I filed for cutody she responded. I have no rights because no one has been given custody by the courts.

Is there anything I can do???

Thanks,
Frantic Father
 johnboy242
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What do I do ???
Posted: 10/13/2008 3:30:46 PM
I know its just a waiting game now. I gotta jump through all the legal hoops, witch could take up to a year. But I can NOT handle not seeing my boys that long. Its been almost 2 mo. now and I think I need to get something for depression.I cant sleep and its all I think about.
 repair-guy
Msg: 3
What do I do ???
Posted: 10/13/2008 5:46:31 PM
Let see.... scour the phone records. Trace every call for the past few months. Call her family members, friends, neighbors.... Really now, do you not know what to do?
What did you do?
 Grumpy Barbie
Msg: 4
What do I do ???
Posted: 10/14/2008 1:25:23 AM
Oh my God. I'm sorry that happened to you. But I'm in the dark a little. You filed papers and she responded? How does that happen if you don't know where they are?
 flcntrygirl80
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What do I do ???
Posted: 10/14/2008 8:40:40 PM
Depending on your state, you could file a motion for an emergency hearing for custody because she is not allowing contact. I would advise against kidnapping reports, child services, police or just going and getting them. Just hang in there and the courts should see that she is not allowing contact, which most judges frown on and tend to lean toward the parent being slighted.

Hang in there!
 wizerthaniwas
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What do I do ???
Posted: 11/22/2008 6:33:55 PM
Hi, Just read up on your situation. My sympathy is with you. I have to restate that you need to consult a lawyer. There are some free services in Canada, and in the US there must be something. Lawyers here will often give you a free consultation to see if they are willing to take the case.
You will find everything varries between States and Provinces, so local talent is your only source on what your recourses are. My first questions would be on Police and Child services reports and how it will affect your possability of getting custody. You can also confide in your council so he/she can prepare for any defence/offence your ex plans.
I spent 3 years to get 50/50 custody of my kids and they were 20 miles down the road. Not all custody is the same that's why we have lawyers & judges. I will warn you that when the time comes to go to court tell the truth about everything no matter how hard or embarrasing. It helps the judge understand what happened better.
 carolann0308
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What do I do ???
Posted: 11/23/2008 6:08:23 PM
Call the poilce and file a missing persons report. They are old enough to be registered in a school so they will not be too hard to find. Call a private investigator, they can find her in about 24 hours if she is working and renting a place. It is not expensive. Parental kidnapping is no joke in a lot of courts, but I am sure there is a LOT more we are not being told here.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What do I do ???