Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What price a broken heart?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 2
What price a broken heart?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
1) only you, can change your own thoughts.

2) you are, therefore, responsible for your reactions to actions.

so, thus, don't you have to bill your own self, for the damage you do to your own self?
 clasact
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What price a broken heart?
Posted: 10/14/2008 11:50:21 AM
I don't think you can put a price on a broken heart, at least not for me, but that's just my opinion.

Money perhaps will soothe it for some people for a short time, only to have it pick up where it left off when that wears off.

IMHO, IF someone DID say their broken heart was healed or made much less painful by money, then IMO their heart wasn't really broken in the first place.

Seeking monetary damages for a broken heart seems like revenge to me and I would rather be without money than to suffer a broken heart.
 Seafarer227
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/14/2008 11:52:06 AM

Has anyone ever bothered, though, to find out what the dollar cost of a broken heart is? I know that sounds horrible, but really, if you could send a bill to an EX sweetheart, what do you think you would charge him or her for the emotional investment you put into them before they kicked you to the curb?
You'd have to start by assuming that you'd accept some monetary compensation for you feelings. So, how much would you charge for a clean break?

"I'll give you $? to leave me alone. "
Posted: 10/15/2008 1:04:39 AM

...a joke gone horribly wrong...

I like that : )

Anyhow, few rewards come without risk.

...I did once take a spontaneous mini to vacation to BC,
so the cost for me were travel expenses, but it worked!
 sanddallor
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:48:47 AM
If I could put a price on love lost, then it wasn't really love!
 lionfrog
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2008 1:08:27 AM
Only a fool does not learn from thier mistakes, a great person once said and I hope I get this correct 'only a fool keeps doing the same thing expecting different results' and like mistakes we learn from a broken heart. Please don't take this the wrong way because by no means am I calling anyone on this forum a fool. All I am saying is we need to learn from our past relationships.
I've had my share of broken hearts and I know they hurt, but I also got something I needed from each relationship I've been in. We seek relationships for what we need at the time, sometimes we don't always know what we need much less what we want, or need.
I think now after all the years I was marreid and dated since my divorce I have learned what I do want and don't want in a relationship, and if I had not had a broken heart or two along the way I would have not learned that much.
Falling in love with someone does not always meen this person will fall in love with you. It's a chance we take in the dating world, but we take the chance because we want to. Other wise we would just sit at home alone with our dog or our cat, and a TV dinner.
Don't dwell too long on the past relationships move on, the best way to get back is to do better, be happy, and move on! Best of luck to all!!!
 OutMind
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/22/2008 6:00:42 AM
18,99 plus tax.

You go to the licour store or a supermarket. Get a bottle of Marquez de Riscal. A bold yet mellow from the Rioja area of Spain. You open and let it breathe. Pour into a gobbler that allows you to make beautiful circles with the amber looking liquid. Take a sip. Enjoy, let the flavors mellow. Notice the difference between the beginning and the end.

Realize then that for whatever is left of your heart, it was well worth it. Realize that your heart will be broken again, maybe in the near future, maybe it will take some time.

Take the last sip of such wonderful wine and thank that person for breaking your heart. You are alive. You are in pain, a lot of pain. But you will heal again. And as nothing is permanent, so is pain. So commit your life to NOT live through Pain avoidance, but to keep living fully. Even when it hurts.

And go, simply go.
 jamuke73
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2008 10:18:22 PM
Love is a priceless commodity.... so in turn the pain we suffer from the loss of love or non-acceptance of our love should be as equally priceless. I am broken hearted right now and I don't believe there is a dollar, euro, or yen amount that would take that pain away whether the bill is paid through her or powerball....
 lionfrog
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:04:59 AM
Hello lar,
I don't think I said "everything happens for a reason," "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..," or " at least you learned something..." etc. I've heard that said to myself too many times.
It's fine that you are not a fan of fatalism, (Niter am I) so you bristle whenever you hear the "everything happens for a reason," bla bla bla, but it does not take a big city to see sad, hurt, and sick people. Let me tell you a little about the wounds that I have to carry. I lost a son, and was told all kinds of stupid bla, bla, bla that well meaning people thought I should hear. Then my uncle was killed; shot in the back in his home, and never found the killer. My mother passed away and the woman I was engaged to told me she was going to hell because she was jewish, she also said it was harder to loose a boyfriend than a child (I learned I will never date a drunken christian again). I've lost everything I owned at one time, I could go on, but won't bother you with all the hurt, lose, and pain I have seen and had to deal with. I had to keep going or give up; I chose to keep going. I chose to keep on living! I've been past my breaking point and I won't say I am a better person just more understanding, caring, and realistic!
When was the last time you walked into a homeless shelter to help out or help out at an inercity school or childrens home (now that's an experiance)? Taking shoes to the poor children in another country was worth every cent I spent, because I got back more than I gave. You want to see life then put your self out there and see the real world and don't critisise because someone wants to incourage rather than feel sorry and do nothing.
I wish you well and hope you never see the pain that puts you past your breaking point.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What price a broken heart?