Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Hi Hun, How are you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dub08
Msg: 4
Hi Hun, How are you?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Have to agree - hate messages like that - I never reply!
Get hi sexy, babe, honey etc - they all get no replies either!

Different if you have exchanged several messages but not on the first one!
 si-denada
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:39:34 AM
At least you're getting a few words; last week I received an email which contained just a full-stop/period.

I don't know if there is an ulterior meaning to it or not.

What makes me laugh out loud is when I'm on here late at night participating on the Forums and the emails start arriving by the bucket-load asking - 'Fancy coming round for a wee bit?'

Wee bit of what I wonder.

Surely men can't think we're as hard up as to get out of our warm cosy beds and give them a booty call.
 si-denada
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:58:29 AM
How the heck can you think it's flattering for some complete stranger, who probably hasn't even read my profile to ask me to get out of my bed and drive miles to partake in some sexual fantasy he has.

Damn sure I wouldn't get out of my bed for absolutely no-one...now if they would've asked before I had gotten into bed I might have.

You rarely get messages Miss Grundy cause as a few posters have acknowledged you look like a big lesbian.

But don't you worry your purty little self...I'll send you some.
 si-denada
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:52:55 AM
"You are such a dirty rotten liar..." Miss Grundy

One does one's best!

Oh aye Grundy there are a few English ladies who would give their eye teeth for a little wrestling in the mud with you. (cough)

Oh no no you misunderstood the email, it was just the two of us, I don't do orgies or threesomes! Anyhow I think I could recommend something for your jaundice.

Malasam, if a guy were never to flirt with you how would you know if he was interested in you or not. Surely this is all part of the mating process...a little flirtation is nice, if it's clean that is.

Have you never flirted, even just a little with a guy you fancied?
 si-denada
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/16/2008 3:59:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Jaysus you are BAD

Do you think he'll somehow change his username to IGOTACOMPLEX after that.

I truly loved akaMrSmith's number 5...

"5. ...tell you how bad men have treated them in the past = and Im the next **stard in that list am I? Goodbye professional victim, if we men are that bed why are you on a dating site?"

Just a typical male (flame flame flame) he can't stop thinking about 'bed', when he really meant 'bad'.
 gentle fire
Msg: 33
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/21/2008 4:45:03 PM
Just one question, would you rather have them type out a long generalized letter, save it to word, then just paste it in the little message box and send it off to you like you're the only one who is receiving it?

maybe they're just trying to figure out if you're interested first, before they invest a lot of time writing just to be shot down.
 somel
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:57:05 PM
Ok, this is my first reply to a post here, so be gentle....

So you dont like the "Hi Hun, How are you?", ok fair enough, what is then a good "huntline" to a subject? Generally women dont like several kinds of approach, but do they know who difficult is to get a clever opening line? I know that socially its up to the men to be the hunter, but how many of you have crossed for the other side and executed the man role in flirting?

Its like when you go to a night club there is any guy that goes out just for dancing this days? I´m a guy and i'm chocked every time i go out and i see a group of girls on the dance floor teasing a circle of guys standing quiet in the middle of the dance floor, but even worse is when the girls are there to be chased and teasing,when that happens if i´m nearby i just move (or in some occasions tease the girls, dance a little with them and then left without say a word eheh).

I consider myself a nice guy, i could be wrong, but girls you probably hate this kind of men (some of you consider this type wussys), So what you really want on a men? How can you say that a guy that is teasing you constantly would be a good match over the guy that looks at you but due to his shyness he just stares at you, if you notice what you do? you continue teasing the other guy and looking to the poor shy guy, why you instead take the men role here and go speak with him (this would be ask for to much)?

And this post his a hell long,and i need to go pubing ;)

P.s be really gentle please
 somel
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 10/27/2008 12:37:42 PM
I probably didnt express myself as i would like to. I will try to be more clear...

I also think that is pathetic a men standing next to a wall as i think its hilarious someone standing as a post in the dance floor. I criticized men for this.

Dublin his in fact one of the most open minded city that i have the pleasure to meet, i have meet a lot of guys and girls and i can say that gender apart everyone (in general) is open to a good laugh.

The intention behind my last post was to criticize the way men hunt the women, because as you rightly said who likes wallflowers?

But I also pointed out that women have a key responsability in the way this happen because they prefer to tease someone that in other circunstances they wouldnt do,just because the guy that she was interested in is shy, and he his looking at her... that is insane and i see this almost every weekend.

That's why i stopped going to clubs "just" to meet girls, Nowadays i go to clubs to enjoy dancing, speaking with who wants to speak with me just for the fun independent of gender,age or physical appearance.

I wonder if our expections from women are very different from yours from men??
Cheerz
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 39
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 1/15/2009 10:46:38 PM
Well, malasam says shes superior so there goes the "How are you line." If i'm interested i always read the profile. Then if i want to know more i put them in my favorites so they don't get lost in the suffle. Some of your profiles make me laugh, think, evaluate, But if you read my profile you will know seeing is always believing. I am always looking for more information about someone i'm interested in. I might even say stupid things just to see reactions to evaluate personalities. These 4 things get me into more trouble than anything.

1. Timing.
2. Perception.
3. Known Facts.
4. Unknown Facts.

They can work independantly or together in any combination. Most people don't want to know the How are you part really. They want to know just that your doing ok. Don't tell them that your pregnant and got vd and you don't know who the father is. Sometimes people just can't handle the truth.
You could just drop the hun part and it is probably the most common greeting you will ever get. I don't always think hun is derogitory. I might be a sudtle term of endurement. Like hi sweetheart, Hun is probably short for honey. Perception is the worst because just like you discussed being nice can be missperceived as i want your body. I see people everyday and give a smile. It doesn't mean i want them but maybe just to brighten their day a little. By the way most guys wouldn't want you to get out of bed they would just as well be happy to come over and get into your bed . I'm still trying to figure out which icon i could use for a mischievious smile because i would hope i'm not being evil.
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 40
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 1/15/2009 10:50:30 PM
Miss Grundy, You have a nice pic but i don't think it really does your justice. But then again you might get hit on by more men and women .
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 47
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 1/16/2009 9:36:21 AM
I'm sorry malasam. I thought you were a woman. I was you that said women being superior i thought you were taking from personal thoughts. Then what you are saying is that all women are superior just not you ! See how perception gets all twisted.
Hmmm then again i remember someplace that you wanted to twist an answer into something else .
 dannyboydaniel
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 1/23/2009 11:27:14 AM
I do believe the shoe fits both feet.Women are just as guilty as men regarding bland three word sentences composed entirely of monosylibic childrens diction.
It seems to me to be a human thing rather than a battle of gender."some folk do gud words,sum folk dont do words gud."
A bleary eyed "hi hun,howaya" down the local pub might suffice if the recipient of the crude greeting happened to be of dubvious moral character.
But,the medium here is written communication.Therefore i would expect most people on here would send and recieve intelligent comment based on the atrributes and information supplied within the only thing we have to go on :the feckin profile!

So many women(and men i'm sure but i generally don't view their profiles for hetrosexual reasons ) )create dull profiles with very limited data which makes it nigh on impossible
to initiate contact.So i don't. However,take note:i would never ever -repeat- never ever utilise the phrase "hi hun/babe/luv/chick/sexy/etc.howaya"

so come on ye of limited grammatical forte.Dust off the thesaurus,retrieve that oxford dictionary that's been used to keep the draft out of the spare room and begin typing relevant witticisms.Hit send message and wait for the phone numbers to cram up your inboxes.
 dannyboydaniel
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 1/23/2009 11:27:01 PM

So why do you view them then...bi-sexual/homosexual reasons ?

Obviously,you forgot to read the key words in the sentence:hetrosexual, don't ,view,them.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 54
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 1/24/2009 8:01:36 PM
You guys are killing me! I love your humor. Don't tell on me for posting here, okay, please?

Sherlock101
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 3/10/2009 2:57:56 PM
I've received a handful of messages from women just saying "hi" or "how are you." I usually write back something also short like "well hello" and usually never hear back.

I'm curious about something. Being from the South in the USA it's common for a women let's say a waitress to say something like "What can I get you hun?" Or "What can I get you sugar."
As a man I tend to call women "Sweetie." It may be a greeting or a thank you but some women from the north take offense to that.
How do the Irish feel about this.
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 68
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 3/27/2009 2:14:43 AM
Ah dont give up, there are lots of really nice people on here, and i had a peek at your profile, i was hoping to try give you advice on how to improve it, but I cant, its areally good profile.
 hikinghigh
Msg: 69
Hi Hun, How are you?
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:39:49 PM
I wouldn't even like that as a first hello... Women i think say these things more than men do. Even at the grocery store, the bank, etc... women think they can just call me hun?
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Hi Hun, How are you?