Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Question: Why do older women want younger men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whatever0001
Msg: 2
Question: Why do older women want younger men?Page 1 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I don't really agree with your perception. I am 50 and I prefer men between 40 and 55 mainly because they seem to be not as set in their ways. I am capable of being accomodating in a relationship, but that needs to go both ways. Too often as people get older they are less willing to do that.
It also seems that men in their 40's appreciate older women more. Besides, most men my age want young gals.... nobody has ever criticized them for that... have they?
 kenharleyride
Msg: 4
Question: Why do older women want younger men?
Posted: 10/15/2008 11:21:09 AM
thank god age is just a number . i prefer younger women then me . but them being older then me really dont matter .its just the way the brain thinks i guess...
and dont you ladies smart off about the brain lol.............
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/15/2008 2:34:05 PM

Men in their 40's appreciate any woman that will give him the time of day!

Well send them appreciative men my way why don't ya! lol

Personally, I prefer a man right around my age to a bit older than me. I've found younger guys (20 somethings) usually just make me want to put a spike thru my skull... and sometimes thru theirs as well.

But hey, that's just me! lol
 flowerchyld
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/15/2008 3:27:18 PM
I prefer men closer to my age ..as we have the same life experiences.
Younger guys have young children.I stayed at home and raised mine..they are 27 and 30.I'm not willing to go back and do that stuff over again.It's now time for me..
I will say that men older than me are not aging as well....My range is 49 to 55..I think
 Val1966
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/15/2008 3:39:09 PM
I don't think women are like that. Speaking from a widow's point of view, I really don't want to get involved with someone, too much older than me. I do have that in the back of my mind when I view some guys who are older than 50. My age range seems reasonable to me: 30 to 60 and I am 42.
 suepug1122
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:57:26 PM
(make decisions based on arbitarty numbers)

Well said Met East!!
 whatever0001
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:50:08 PM
Didn't mean to generalize. I was just speaking from my own personal experiences. If the right guy came along, and it was all there...age would not be an issue for me.
 kenharleyride
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:36:45 AM
i thought women liked men to roll over and play dead lol. im older so i dont roll over any more . i just look for the remote ....
 kenharleyride
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:46:30 AM
yes that would work . search and destroy mission . my remote seems to get lost in the stranges places . opps sorry off the ? . im not a younger man . but available i think..
 kenharleyride
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:50:55 AM
opps that was a olderman meaning tear it up
 ladymoonmoth
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:55:02 AM
Age is a relative thing. I was married to a man 15 years my junior, yes I know some will say I robbed the cradle, but really it's just a number if the connection is there the age of a person won't matter.

My range is 40 to 55 now. Why? Just cause. If someone younger then that wanted to date me and we had a connection I would be fine with it.

My only issue is I won't date anyone the same age as my son or younger, to me that is just weird but thats my issue.

Bel
 newfriend4you
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/16/2008 8:24:48 AM
Alright Brent....

I am certainly no cougar, but we all have different circumstances and making generalizations about people isn't a good thing. I still have small children at home, most men my age or older want nothing to do with little ones anymore. Not to say I am looking for a father, they have one.....but my odds of finding someone who will accept the fact I have them and that they are actively a part of my life.... that comes mostly from guys in the same boat. It's all about the people, friendship, maturity, the chemistry.

Would I date a guy in his early 20's? No. He needs to go play with his GI Joe's.....I am nobody's milf.

Not a fair assumption. Peace.
 kenharleyride
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/16/2008 8:47:54 AM
oh my , oh my again . i dont think having young kids should have anything to do with wanting to be in a relationship with someone . its a package deal . but i know most women feel most men think it does make a diffrence . but in some cases they are wrong . now back to the ? . why is that women want younger men . i use to hang with moses so i cant answer that ?
 kenharleyride
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/16/2008 1:51:43 PM
oh wow i dont think they are little ones . i think they are children . and they are someones children . if you have a problem with that go to the 90 year old age .
 harmonyharvest
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/20/2008 10:05:49 AM
Perhaps they feel like they are getting old...who knows, or mabye at their age they figure that they are now old enough to date a younger man without it being illegal

I myself prefer an older man, simply because his majority level is usually much more tolerable ha!ha!ha!

Honestly I cannot help you out, sorry my friend. I don't get it either, as most I dated that were younger, were not old enough for me
 kenharleyride
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/20/2008 12:00:03 PM
i cant get the older ladies to reply to my messages , so i assume they dont like me or im to old . i do perform younger women but its not set in stone either .
 kenharleyride
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/20/2008 1:19:42 PM
damn glad you caught that . but it does kinda fit in lol. it was suppose to be prefer lol.
 jlance
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/20/2008 3:53:07 PM
My guess is that women want to be seen with a younger guy too make them feel younger. I don't think women want a man thats grey haired or loosing there hair, or with a beer belly. my 6 pack abs went to a 30 pack.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/20/2008 3:55:52 PM
some may have had relationships that worked in the past with younger men and just like to carry on that trend, if that original relationship isn't working any more, it's a possible issue in the end. Just cause something works for one person, doesn't mean it works for all of them.

For instance, my ex and I were married a little over 8 years and he was a couple years younger than me. Since we split, I've stuck with the older, and some of the younger ages and he started with the younger ages and ended up with the older..he said the younger (what's the point) lol
 whatever0001
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/20/2008 4:29:59 PM
The thing is, that we are all imperfect...And the sooner we accept ourselves for the way that we are, and are willing to accept others flaws, the sooner maybe we can find that certain person who is "IT" for us. Personally, I think that the ones who put themselves up on a pedestal and think that they are all that... are VERY unattractive to me! Down to earth, decent and, honest....are so much more important in my eyes. Of course there has to still be the chemistry there... but looks have so little to do with that.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:11:38 PM
Amen sista! you said it..it's whats on the inside that counts..brains, and how things affect them in their heart (my opinion here) and how they deal with certain situations and the rest just falls into place..my opinion here, again...looks help!

I'm happy, I don't have to look anymore lol
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/2/2008 1:23:53 PM
I have never understood the desire for waaay younger, either...and to me, if I am old enough to be your mother, then I am too old for you! LOL I think I generally have the best luck with a 5 year age difference, either way,...but prefer same age or a LITTLE older.

Honestly...and this is going to sound superficial and snobbish...but OH WELL!...Women are aging better and better, where it used to be that men only seemed to age well. I look young for my age, and I still have a lot of youthfulness and fun left in me! I want a partner compatible with such...who people do not question if he is my FATHER, for pete's sake! (Not that I care what other's think...justa point!) I DON'T CARE if he is amazing...I want compatibily in a partner! (and there are amazing men who also look great for their age!) ;)
 jlance
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/2/2008 3:59:20 PM
i would much rather have a women in her 40's . women are sexier in this age group.
 STLScott
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:04:11 PM
Here is my 2 cents... Age is just one of many things that people use to sort out who, on a site like this they may be attracted to. I view age the same as religion, height, body type, income etc...Its all a matter of preferences. I would like to meet more women. Personally, I think I get along with people around my age. Sometimes I think that there are so many other factors its a wonder anyone meets anybody at all. I myself try to be as open minded as possible---Scott
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/4/2008 6:35:02 AM
I think women tend to date younger men because on a comparison scale women get more active as they get older and men get less active (couch potatoes) as they get older. So therefore the more active woman dont want someone their age because they are normally couch potatoes.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Question: Why do older women want younger men?