Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > It's been one week of seeying each other and now the first sleepover.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 16
It's been one week of seeying each other and now the first sleepover....Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Candles that burn twice as bright, tend to last half as long.

There is a lot of passion, and both of you share that quality.

You don't need to show him why you are a keeper. Just be yourself. That should be enough. If it isn't....look back to the first two sentences.

You w0n't be new, spontaneous, and exciting forever. He should enjoy you for who, and what, you are. Tonight, he will get to see it. Shouldn't take the bloom off the rose...and if it does, return to my first two sentences. They'll make more sense :)
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 17
It's been one week of seeying each other and now the first sleepover....
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:30:03 AM
You are young and you need to rethink having someone to your house so soon. You don't think it is going into the bedroom, but I would bet on this one and I would also bet that he will suddenly be distant from you. Next you will be posting, why did he sleep with me and then disappear.
 MsMicki
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2008 11:11:03 PM
Just curious.....
do any of u folks actually read these threads?.....or do u read this original question and skip all the replies?
this girl has repeatedly said it's not a night for sex.....it is a night for getting to know each other...
geez......

hopefully they are cuddling on the couch and enjoying some conversation as I type!
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/19/2008 12:14:27 AM

Considering he was in a car accident 3 years ago which left him in a comma for 3 weeks (and to find out that the person responsible for the accident is someone who I've known for years within the cadet program) he scared to get behind the wheel again (no license yet either) so I would have to do the driving.
A poor excuse is better than no excuse huh. If someone is that afraid of driving, guess what honey, they aren't going to drive period. 5 minutes, 45 minutes or 3 hours, it doesn't matter. You are being feed some crap about why he needs to spend the night. If he needs to spend the night he can pay for a hotel room, otherwise, there is only one thing on his mind.

If sex is what you want, go for it.
 Wildman46
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:28:02 AM
"I'm definitely not planinning on having sex with him just yet"

So what is this sleepover for? To play Canasta, or to just show how big a tease you can be?. Why have a guy spend the night at your house if you have no intention of having sex with him.... Especially the FIRST sleepover. You may not be planning on having sex, But I will be everything I own, HE is planning on having sex.
 Wildman46
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:46:22 PM
"What is this, a pajama party. He's going to sleep over but there won't be sex. Yeah,right."

Actually the fact that the Op has stopped posting, Tells me that she may have gotten tossed like a chef salad last night, and is now too embarrassed to come back to this thread.
 joy10
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2008 11:08:34 PM
How could you possibly know someone enough after a week to even consider inviting them to your home for a sleepover? Why don't you go away for a weekend together but have separate hotel rooms? That way you have the opportunity to spend a lot of time together and test your compatibility but you both know at the end of the day there will be no sex so there won't be any expectations and therefore no disappointment. I think we've all known someone who has gotten "carried away" in the heat of the moment and lived to regret it.
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/20/2008 11:20:19 AM
I love cheese and crackers, maybe some crab dip would be good. Can I bring a date? I am really good at Canasta. I think I have some nice footy pajamas with the back flap. Can I come and sleep over too, please please please, can I, can I, can I?

Ok OP, what happppeeeennnneeedddd?
 Miss W
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:52:01 PM
Good for you, OP! It's refreshing to know that there are still people who have the patience to get to know each other instead of foolishly rushing in like many on here do and then start "why didn't he call" threads.
 turbodot
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:00:48 PM
Your relationship will play out regardless of the actions you take. The only thing you need to be aware of is your own feelings and heart. Dont let the act of sex magnify your feelings for the guy. As far as when do you have sex, well; There is no right time.

He sounds a little immature - no license? If he asks to help, you should let him. Make sure his actions are true. Dont let the fact that he asks to help you be good enough. You are indirectly training him to be lazy and not a team player.

Actions speak louder then words. Women; especially young women fall for every word a guy says if shes into him. Try and get a grip on that and let his actions steal your heart, not your words.

Have your fun, if it works out, awesome. I hope it does, the reality is it probably wont, but what relationships do? (never mind marriages). Just be safe.
 Diadora
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2008 3:13:09 PM
Work a jig saw puzzle together..... I know it sounds corny but it is a lot of fun. You figure out how each others "works" something. By colors, from the edge inward. By object. And it give you time to talk too. Ask what subjects he likes, boats, landscapes, animals etc and get an 800-1000 piece puzzle on the topic.
 Not_a_fool
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/23/2008 8:56:17 PM
TWO THINGS: one.. if you are doing this because you want a good fun time, great.. go for it and enjoy it... DO NOT expect ANYTHING serious out of it in case he is a player and knows that to get a girl in bed sometimes all it takes is to act "serious" about being exclusive to make a girl do whatever he wants her to do (not just sex..like put up with BS later on is what I mean). I had this happen to me TWICE where both guys I dated were instant connection, attraction and a "sleepover" right away almost.. they were hot what can I say lol!! Anyway I am just saying be CAREFUL because some guys use the "serious" act to suck you in FAST and furious, they'll spend so much time with you at first, be on their best behaviour, talk about similar future goals, plans etc, talk about not wanting to be with anyone else.. and they'll do everything you said you want someone to do... at first. So that you are so focused on it being so amazing that you overlook small things and will trust them and won't freak out over things when you realize the 'not so perfect' things about him eventually.. and then then the REAL him comes out and you're already TOO hooked on him to let him go and you'll do anything to believe he's the player/bad guy because you saw the most amazing guy at first .. so he couldnt' EVER do that on purpose or he's make you think you are over reacting etc.. trust me it happend to me TWICE from guys I met on here. They took their profile off and asked me to do the same, they spent almost every waking minute with me, never looked at another girl, made me feel like I was their soulmate (even told me that) and got me to want them so bad that their pill addictions, their lies, the fact that they use people to get whatever they want, their laziness to not get a job after they get laid off, etc.. that stuff ended up coming out after a few months and by that time I was so crazy about them I denied it was true! I got screwed and taken advantage of.. big time. Just be careful that doesnt happen to you too!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > It's been one week of seeying each other and now the first sleepover....