Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Never ending chats      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Shibui_Man
Msg: 2
Never ending chatsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
"How long should 2 people get to know each other before meeting?"

depends on the two people. personally, i prefer to meet earlier, rather than later. email buddies are fun and all, but certainly not why i'm here! it's atually something i like to discuss early in the "chat" process and get that out of the way.
 Diadora
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Never ending chats
Posted: 10/22/2008 1:56:38 PM
I like to meet within the first 2 weeks. If he puts off the meet again and again. I stop emailing. Why... I don't want to chat. I want to meet someone.
How about puting that in your profile.
I think folks get "meet" and "date" confused. A meet is exactly that. Two people meeting in some public place. I have met at a library, a park, at a Mall food court etc.
And we sit and talk for awhile. The time we talk face to face is very important. Trumps emails and even phone calls. Then we may well move to a date later in that same day. Maybe not.

The bottom line is telling the other person that you want to meet them, soon. Either they well say yes or they will start coming up with reasons not to...... then it is up to you to use your common sense.
People are on this site for a wide variety of reason.... sometimes they are not clear as to what those reasons are.

Good Luck
 ladyc4
Msg: 16
Never ending chats
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:25:16 PM
Here is what I've run into fairly often...
Exchange a few emails,maybe talk on the phone, and then I suggest meeting for coffee, or whatever in a way that neither one of us is going to an undue amount of travel, and POOF! he's gone.
Or the guy that apparently is chained to a heavy object in his house and expects ME to come THERE...even if I suggest meeting someplace public, near where he lives or works!
So it isn't just women who aren't sincere abou wanting to meet...
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Never ending chats